Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automated direct debit processing

Options
  • 28-03-2012 9:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭

Is there a way to to automate random amount direct debit payments to customer accounts every month? As opposed to writing out different cheque amounts and sticking them in the post!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 johnsmith13

johnmck wrote: »
    Is there a way to to automate random amount direct debit payments to customer accounts every month? As opposed to writing out different cheque amounts and sticking them in the post!

It wasn't direct debit but I wrote a program that created a file, in the formated specified for Ulster Bank Online banking, then the customer was able to just load it into his online account.

It completely eliminated them having to write checks. The customer has no problem obtaining the file spec from the bank.

Hope this helps.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

What you're talking about there are not direct debits - DDs are where you take money from other peoples' accounts, having been supplied with permission to do this (via a DD mandate).

You're talking about replacing cheque payments with direct transfers. Johnsmith13's post above tells you how to do this, sounds like the best way to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭johnmck

Yes - automated direct transfer - not direct debit, that's what I need.

ok, so if I had for example say 3 of bank accounts on my online banking system, and I owed say A/C #1 €12, A/C #2 €15.50, and A/C #3 €20 - I could load your file format to the system and the online banking system would do the payments for me?

Could I run a cron job to do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 johnsmith13

Yes - automated direct transfer - not direct debit, that's what I need.

ok, so if I had for example say 3 of bank accounts on my online banking system, and I owed say A/C #1 €12, A/C #2 €15.50, and A/C #3 €20 - I could load your file format to the system and the online banking system would do the payments for me?

Could I run a cron job to do it?

Hi

Firstly you need to get your banks file format spec. Then yes after that it is just a matter of creating this file and loading it up into the Online Banking.

I did not automate the loading of th file to the internet for the customer as they wanted to do this manually.

If you would like more detail please pm me

Advertisement