Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

telling a recruitment company to make scones

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

if you got up at 4,30am in the morning and spent hours stuck in rush hour traffic in the midlands corridor for nothing you might be ticked off too.

Maybe you're just grumpy cause you're tired.

Did you have your juice today? Did the straw break off in the carton?

That'd make me grumpy too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

1) boards.co.uk is that way ->

2) I'm already looking forward to your next thread - "My diamond shoes are too tight and my wallet is too small for my fifties"

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

2) I'm already looking forward to your next thread - "My diamond shoes are too tight and my wallet is too small for my fifties"

Or "Unemployed and bored because of lack of interview skills, as well as my inability to prioritise what is important when judging future potential employers"

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Maybe you're just grumpy cause you're tired.

Did you have your juice today? Did the straw break off in the carton?

That'd make me grumpy too.

Or maybe you're grumpy because you didnt get near the job you interviewed for, in fact, they were nice enough to offer you the chance to interview for a position more on your level but you laughed them off?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

seems this thread is going well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

Just went to Boards.co.uk and am wondering what the hell that was! :mad:

Lash_Alert wrote: »
    Or maybe you're grumpy because you didnt get near the job you interviewed for, in fact, they were nice enough to offer you the chance to interview for a position more on your level but you laughed them off?

I already did an interview with them, not a hope would i go back.

my opinion on the company was justified anyway after an agency was talking to me later in the day to confirm what I already pretty much sussed out from them.

lets close this, going no where..

*gets a water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Johnny_BravoIII

no refreshments offered despite driving at least 2 hours.........

"WagonWheels"........."I demand goddam WagonWheels".........

I already did an interview with them, not a hope would i go back.

my opinion on the company was justified anyway after an agency was talking to me later in the day to confirm what I already pretty much sussed out from them.

lets close this, going no where..

*gets a water

Although probably true, kind of stinks of sour grapes though! By the way, 4 figures in tax isnt that high is it? Considering your laughing off 30 quid an hour which is what, about 50 - 60 k per annum? That income would give you a 4 figure tax sum no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Just did.

feel good now..!

Dear xyz

Jaguar are currently looking to take on an engineer to join a team focussing on the network integration of ECUs, this is a yearlong contract paying £27.78 per hour and will be based at the site in Gaydon, Warwickshire. I've included the full spec below, if this is of interest to you please let me know.

Division: Advanced Engineering
    Position Description:
    Electrical System Engineering - working on vehicle module system integration and audible noise generation equipment.
    Skills Required:
    `Electronic System design, release and verification. Integration with other vehicle sub-systems. Development experience and issue resolution. Databus compliance together with automotive CAN bus knowledge and Network integration. Should have delivered engineering solutions from cradle to grave with a good understanding of the whole process. Includes writing - System Specifications, ESOW, RFQ, FMEA, DVP, EMC, CAN requirements, and Diagnostics. `
    Skills Preferred:
    Possible Hardware and Software design skills and experience applied to automotive engineering with some DSP, 'Digital Signal Processor' knowledge for sound creation preferred. Also some knowledge of modeling techniques for creating and specifying sound profiles would be useful.
    Experience Required:
    Working knowledge and experience of integration and networking of ECU's into vehicle architectures. Experience working with Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers. Individual should have working knowledge of vehicle diagnostics. Hands on practical approach to integration and fault diagnosis .
    Experience Preferred:
    Extensive Experience of automotive electronics.
    Education Required:
    Bsc / HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering prefered

Additional Information :
    Would be required to travel between sites to interface with various teams to support GTDS process and ultimate hand over of project into Product Development.
    Thank you,

Kind regards

JLR can go f**k off...

tell William Yue I said hello, and thanks for the excelent feedback and refreshments also.

ignorant rude company.

thats a no by the way.
    not that, just all round ignorance, and they guy who interviewed me was just...weird

weird and ignorance = no

maybe its just me, but i somehow doubt it.

my interview skills are fine, not my fault if companies are plain ignorant.
    hmm, I did 3 interviews in England recently, appalled with the feedback (or lack of), no refreshments offered despite driving at least 2 hours, nothing on expenses.

alltogether just not very friendly.

I did one this morning in brum land, 9am the cross eyed guy wanted to see me (didnt know was he looking at me or the roof...), after an hour he said I was not qualified enough for contract work which is fine but it would be been possible im sure for him to suss that out by my cv without me getting up at 4,30am.

in Scotland, different slice of cake, refreshments, banter, a joke, expenses paid.. and a job offer a few weeks later after some continual feedback via email.

another recruiter said JLR are awful to work with since he was there.
    but from three companies... and not just the refreshments, its the f**k all feedback, general ignorance and like going to interviews takes alot of effort especially in busy busy roads in England

would at least expect some feedback one way or the other, its not all about the erm, ballygowan..
    :cool:
    there has been fek all water* in any interview I did, most were over 1 hour, one was for 2.

good riddance all i say, interview this morning was fine, from my part I answered all the stuf, technicals etc. just my experience was not enough for the contract work the needed. should have seen that from my cv.

maybe he couldnt cos he was cross eyed

its H20 i am on about, not a pizza....lol
    being offered a water would be at the start of the interview... makes no difference how you did in the interview one iota.

OP,I've put them all in one convenient post for you to read through..............now can you see what we're seeing? There's a common trend throughout!

Better luck next time eh! ;)

erm...

ooooo k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

erm...

ooooo k

I'd imagine the company dodged a bullet with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

I wouldn't employ someone like this.

Give me your Facebook password, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BackScrub

I pay a nice 3 figure sum in tax. Looks like that's being wasted too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Strange, I know two guys who were recruited by Jaguar Land Rover straight out of University of Limerick and they can't sing the praises of the company highly enough. They've both been there for a few years now so JLR can't be that bad a company to work for. Maybe JLR didn't share your opinion of your ability but that's no reason to burn your bridges.

Oh, and if you ask for "minerals" in the UK no one would know what you are asking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Why didn't you just bring a bottle of water with you after the first interview? :confused:

Millicent wrote: »
    Why didn't you just bring a bottle of water with you after the first interview? :confused:

Water's not a mineral.

You want something like Fanta to be quenching a man's thirst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

This thread is awful.

Hands up if you agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I think....

Op you....

But you're.....

Whats the.....

I'm not sure....

Why don't......

What the hell are you on about?

clearly its the Irish attitude..

ahhh shur it only an interview..

got an email reply for recruiter actually.

No worries, I totally understand where you are coming from, certainly among larger companies in England there has, in recent years, developed a culture of dismissiveness towards potential employees, a briskness and feeling that the candidate isn’t important until they’re an employee (and sometimes not even then). Things like, as you mentioned, not providing feedback after an interview (something we have to contend with quite a lot as it’s the agent’s job to feedback to the candidate, which obviously we can’t do if the company refuses to feedback to us.) and a generally impersonal approach that does wonders for endearing a prospective employee to a company, as you well know.

I wish you the best of luck in your searches, would you be happy for me to keep hold of your details? I will make a note of your experiences thus far so we can better gauge the kind of companies you would be interested in working with in the future.

clearly its the Irish attitude..

ahhh shur it only an interview..

got an email reply for recruiter actually.

No worries, I totally understand where you are coming from, certainly among larger companies in England there has, in recent years, developed a culture of dismissiveness towards potential employees, a briskness and feeling that the candidate isn’t important until they’re an employee (and sometimes not even then). Things like, as you mentioned, not providing feedback after an interview (something we have to contend with quite a lot as it’s the agent’s job to feedback to the candidate, which obviously we can’t do if the company refuses to feedback to us.) and a generally impersonal approach that does wonders for endearing a prospective employee to a company, as you well know.

I wish you the best of luck in your searches, would you be happy for me to keep hold of your details? I will make a note of your experiences thus far so we can better gauge the kind of companies you would be interested in working with in the future.

Think you're the one whos attitude is wrong mate, and i believe all your posts on here,including your obnoxious response to the recruiter confirms this.

FIGHT THE POWER OP

FIGHT THE POWER THAT BE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

FOR GOD'S SAKE, GET THIS MAN SOME WATER!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I did one this morning in brum land, 9am the cross eyed guy wanted to see me (didnt know was he looking at me or the roof...), after an hour he said I was not qualified enough for contract work which is fine but it would be been possible im sure for him to suss that out by my cv without me getting up at 4,30am.

You were qualified for the job, but unfortunately the interview didn't go too well hence "You're not qualified for contract work".

He didn't waste time interviewing someone he knew wasn't qualified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

The job is based in Gaydon....:pac:

Its weird, if i had just been interviewed for a job and clearly did a bad interview, Afterhours is the last place i would come on to tell people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Gyalist wrote: »
    Strange, I know two guys who were recruited by Jaguar Land Rover straight out of University of Limerick and they can't sing the praises of the company highly enough. They've both been there for a few years now so JLR can't be that bad a company to work for. Maybe JLR didn't share your opinion of your ability but that's no reason to burn your bridges.

Oh, and if you ask for "minerals" in the UK no one would know what you are asking for.

Your missing the point, did they get water?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Aquila wrote: »
    And the most random thread award of 2012 goes to..

YES?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Got up at 12:30 today to go in and sign on. First the fuckin security guard doesnt salute me, then I have to queue. YES ****IN QUEUE up. And when I get there no refreshments. Zip. No beer, no coke, no hookers

They can shove it up their ass if they think Im going back

Think you're the one whos attitude is wrong mate, and i believe all your posts on here,including your obnoxious response to the recruiter confirms this.

I dont think you know what i am talking about at all.

the above reply is the recruiters response to me initial email rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

D1stant wrote: »
    Got up at 12:30 today to go in and sign on. First the fuckin security guard doesnt salute me, then I have to queue. YES ****IN QUEUE up. And when I get there no refreshments. Zip. No beer, no coke, no hookers

They can shove it up their ass if they think Im going back

I have to say,as much as they lack the 'personal' touch with each individual,their rates are very good you'd have to agree? €188 per hour.

........... it's the lack of hours that kill the appeal!
    :D

Seachmall wrote: »
    You were qualified for the job, but unfortunately the interview didn't go too well hence "You're not qualified for contract work".

He didn't waste time interviewing someone he knew wasn't qualified.

well on hindsight he wasted about 5 hours of my time and 30gbp of petrol, plus over an hours of his time.

if he used his grey matter slightly more he could see i may not be qualified enough, experience wise since i only graduated from my masters in dec '10

I dont think you know what i am talking about at all.

the above reply is the recruiters response to me initial email rant

I dont think you read my thing properly? I was talking about the email you said you sent them in your first post on this thread.

well on hindsight he wasted about 5 hours of my time and 30gbp of petrol, plus over an hours of his time.

if he used his grey matter slightly more he could see i may not be qualified enough, experience wise since i only graduated from my masters in dec '10

Id say he was more hoping you'd really impress him in the interview (as maybe on paper you were slightly underqualified), but that if you impressed him he'd take a risk and go for it. But you didnt.

You say you only graduated from your Masters in 2010..? May i ask what age you are?

You only graduated in 2010 but yet you're laughing at work offering you 30 euros an hour? ****ing hell, this confirms your head is totally up your own arse. Glad you didnt get the position now.

I dont think you read my thing properly? I was talking about the email you said you sent them in your first post on this thread.

yes and i got an email reply as i posted a while ago, did you read what he said by any chance..?

Id say he was more hoping you'd really impress him in the interview (as maybe on paper you were slightly underqualified), but that if you impressed him he'd take a risk and go for it. But you didnt.

You say you only graduated from your Masters in 2010..? May i ask what age you are?

You only graduated in 2010 but yet you're laughing at work offering you 30 euros an hour? ****ing hell, this confirms your head is totally up your own arse. Glad you didnt get the position now.

I have another job offer so i couldnt be bothered the slightest.

and my head is perfectly in place thank you., I have not done interviews in succession for several years and I am gobsmacked by the ignorance of companies in England.

In Ireland it was never like this, got a job in Dublin in 2006, great company and a very nice interview.

yes and i got an email reply as i posted a while ago, did you read what he said by any chance..?

Ok this is going around in circles. Yes i did, hence why i posted after it. Doesnt impact or change my opinion though, why should it? I still think the way you conducted yourself was non-professional.

Now, do you mind answering my question about what age you are?

• Advertisement

.................. interview this morning was fine, from my part I answered all the stuf, technicals etc. just my experience was not enough for the contract work the needed. should have seen that from my cv.................

They saw your CV before they interviewed you, they simply didn't want to give you the role I imagine for whatever reason, before they interviewed you there was something making them think you were a match to their needs, after the interview they reckoned you weren't a match, what's on your CV wasn't the issue.

I dont comment on individual cases.

RoverJames wrote: »
    They saw your CV before they interviewed you, they simply didn't want to give you the role I imagine for whatever reason, before they interviewed you there was something making them think you were a match to their needs, after the interview they reckoned you weren't a match, what's on your CV wasn't the issue.

whatever, and you know this because.....

companies make nothing of calling candidates for interviews, its backed up on previous reply from agency, plus a call yesterday I received.

companies are just looking to call in as many people since so many people want jobs.

I dont comment on individual cases.

What are you the minister for justice or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

This reminds me of the time loathsome footballer Ashley Cole, feeling nauseous, had to park his car at the side of the road after his agent informed him Arsenal were offering him only £55,000 per week instead of £60,000. :pac:

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    What are you the minister for justice or something?

sure, giving paswords on facebook and stuff is routine on boards.ie

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I have another job offer so i couldnt be bothered the slightest.

and my head is perfectly in place thank you., I have not done interviews in succession for several years and I am gobsmacked by the ignorance of companies in England.

In Ireland it was never like this, got a job in Dublin in 2006, great company and a very nice interview.

lol what you been snorting?

sure, giving paswords on facebook and stuff is routine on boards.ie

:rolleyes:

What are you jabbering on about? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

The sense of entitlement is strong in this one. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

and you know this because.....

Basic reasoning abilities?
    1. Your experience is, presumably, outlined in your CV.
    2. Your CV is how he came to know of you, thus he knew of your experience before requesting the interview.
    3. He didn't interview you with no intention of hiring you.

So your experience was unlikely to be the sole factor as to why you didn't get the job. The interview was most likely the deciding factor (which is ultimately the point of an interview).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Lot of people hating on the OP just because he's able to command a good wage, IMO. Wasting people's time and not offering so much as a drink of water to an interviewee is very rude.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement