Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPC2425 failing? Or is it throttling?

• 29-03-2012 12:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Basically for the past day and a half I've been trying to figure out an issue i'm having with my UPC connection. Whenever I try and download something, stream something or going on Xbox Live, it works for a while then stops. But if for instance, I'm downloading something, I can just pause and resume it and it works again (at full speed), until it fails again, about a minute later.

I'm not downloading copiously, and my browsing this month has been average and comparable to the last 10-12 months. I did a pingtest, and every so often I get a request timeout.

I thought initially it was a wifi issue, because I checked the router page, and the WiFi channel was set back to 1 after I changed it a few months back. Can anyone suggest anything?

I havent messed around with the settings, & I havent been contacted by UPC about anything, but this is really starting to annoy me. Trying to download a Java update only for it to fail 10 times..

Also, would it be possible that the router is failing? Could I ask for a updated 3925 or a Thompson router instead of this crappy 2425? Or because I'm on the 30mb package, thats the best router I can get?
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement