Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CW Map - Regular update thread

Options
  • 28-03-2012 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭

Here we are now gents:
    9b380.jpg

As per usual, the red arrows are our intended targets.

I've marked the maximum of 4 provinces we would wish to hold, however I think 3 is a better number from a chip point of view (we can then defend, and attack from 3 without ever running out of chips to place.)

The southernmost province I've highlighted in a bit of yellow. This is our goal. 1200 Gold per day if we can take it.

It can be attacked from landing zones, so its important we pick our fights correctly.

YOu may notice DK Killerwees Elite have taken the western landing - they held this gold earning province before - so I can be almost 100% certain that's where they are heading.

They are old foes of ourss, so would love another few rounds with them now!

Diplomacy:

To our north and east we have Scorpions. So we are pretty safe from that perspectice for the foreseeable future - however this may change, we just don't know.

We have information stating the Grey Alliance (in particular HUHN) do not intend to move any further east than where SIEG (the red coloured provinces to our left) currently are - so that's also good for us.

In this scenario we get the nest of both worlds - a decently earning province, plus the guarantee of a few fights per day :)

We have not turned on the 501 - they are proving to be useful at the moment as they are blocking attacks from the west, and definitely won't attack us.

They are however very weak currently due to the massive amount of battles they've been playing - we're about the only clan around that hasn't attacked them.

SO tomorrow, we'll be attacking the 2 zones with the red arrows from our zones with red chips in the picture, with the intention of taking at least 1, if not both of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Wrong thread Frag ;)

This is for clan / map movements and changes. Tactics for individual maps should be kept on a separate thread.

**update

I have informed the French not to place any chips on HPTS provinces.

**update

I have informed the French not to place any chips on HPTS provinces.

why?? now HPTS know we are coming for sure

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    why?? now HPTS know we are coming for sure

HPTS are not allied with 501 anymore. They attacked them yesterday, it was not a land swap as initially thought.

We cannot afford 501 to get in our way, or indeed to end up delaying one of our battles.

We want to hit them hard, at the same time, in both of their northern provinces.

I would be very surprised if DK Killerwees do not attack the 1200gld province today. This is good for us as I assume HPTS will be ensuring their best team get placed on defence there.

This also means that DK and ourselves will be attacking 3 of their zones at the same time - we cannot afford to have anyone else mess that up for us. Whether they know we're coming or not is kind of irrelevant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cro_bully

Nice 1 dub :)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

HPTS are not allied with 501 anymore. They attacked them yesterday, it was not a land swap as initially thought.

We cannot afford 501 to get in our way, or indeed to end up delaying one of our battles.

We want to hit them hard, at the same time, in both of their northern provinces.

I would be very surprised if DK Killerwees do not attack the 1200gld province today. This is good for us as I assume HPTS will be ensuring their best team get placed on defence there.

This also means that DK and ourselves will be attacking 3 of their zones at the same time - we cannot afford to have anyone else mess that up for us. Whether they know we're coming or not is kind of irrelevant.

So we're going to need 2 full t10 teams at the same time tonight then?

zil wrote: »
    So we're going to need 2 full t10 teams at the same time tonight then?

Preferably yes, if not, no biggie. We'll concentrate on 1 zone, and give them hell in the other with T9's and TD's. (not even a full team if we don't have it).

They won't know where our full attack is coming from, or even that we mightn't have 30 players.

I would really hope we have close to 2 full teams though.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

If we can't get two full tier10 teams I would say the second team should be 6 or so tier6 arty with a load of 13 90s and other meds just to knock out as many of their tanks as possible leaving us with nothing knocked out.

Just trying to get chip placements organised.

I'll update the thread with exactly what we'll be doing when we get it organised properly.

• Advertisement

Ok, slight change of plans.

We are only going to attack from Upper Western Ghana to Northern Ghana.

Savanes will have 15 defensive chips on it. CPC are the issue, as our HQ is 2 zones form that province we can't attack from it and defend it from any attack elsewhere.

The second attack on HPTS will have to wait until tomorrow.

Zil - I see you deleted your post but just to explain to everyone.

Our HW does not make contact with Savanes, so we would have to attck with the chips currently there, and move the chips from West. Ghana to defend Savanes.

We could then move chips form HQ to West Ghana - but we can not send them to attack, as chips can only move 1 province per day.

We could move our HQ, which would resolve the problem, but in the unlikely event that we lost it, we'd be screwed.

I do have another thought on this - but it depends on whether HPTS and CPC are buddies or not...

I do have another thought on this - but it depends on whether HPTS and CPC are buddies or not...

If I'm reading the map correctly, with our current lands we can never attack HPTS from two provinces at the same time and also leave ourselves defended against the landing zone.

So how about changing our current lands slightly?

Attack CPC with the chips we have on Savenes. If they attack us this gives us two chances to hold onto Savenes. If we win we get the landing zone for tomorrow. We might not want the landing zone as it's too much hassle but then tomorrow we can abandon it - but not before we use it to attack HPTS while simultaneously attacking them from the north.

Edit* Dg yea I was looking at the map incorrectly with my previous post - however I think I might be on to something with this one :D

If I'm reading the map correctly, with our current lands we can never attack HPTS from two provinces at the same time and also leave ourselves defended against the landing zone.

So how about changing our current lands slightly?

Attack CPC with the chips we have on Savenes. If they attack us this gives us two chances to hold onto Savenes. If we win we get the landing zone for tomorrow. We might not want the landing zone as it's too much hassle but then tomorrow we can abandon it - but not before we use it to attack HPTS while simultaneously attacking them from the north.

Edit* Dg yea I was looking at the map incorrectly with my previous post - however I think I might be on to something with this one :D

We can't attack a landing Zone :P

We can't attack a landing Zone :P
    lol. Bah I'll just go back to work and stop back seat driving :P

And as the moon rises each evening - here's a new map for you all to have a look at!
    74912.jpg

Yes we took Northern Ghana!!! We didn't even have to fight for it though. But "what's this?" I hear you say. "Our land has turned blue??!!"

Yes, we have entered into the Blue Alliance in West Africa, one of the largest alliances in CW.

As you also might notice, SIEG have officially entered the grey alliance on the left, and our French friends have gone fro the map as predicted.

HPTS have lost all but 1 of their provinces, so we intend to ensure they have none left by Saturday. Or indeed we may concentrate on CPC. Or both maybe, as we're protected from the East by our Alliance partners, Scorpions.

There will be a LOT more to add to this over the next few days, so watch this space :)

To be fair it looks more of a purple :P

Great work to all those involved in the diplomatic talks which got us where we are. Now lets nab that 1200 gold province and fight off anyone who tries to take it. It's gonna be a primary target for a few clans so should give us some nice regular battles to keep our skills up :)

Oh yh one lil thing, I hope someone is planning on moving 2 chips back onto Savanes.

phil3995 wrote: »
    To be fair it looks more of a purple :P

Great work to all those involved in the diplomatic talks which got us where we are. Now lets nab that 1200 gold province and fight off anyone who tries to take it. It's gonna be a primary target for a few clans so should give us some nice regular battles to keep our skills up :)

It certainly looks more of a light-ish purple, but that's just the transparency - its definitely blue :)

There are some more big things in the pipeline. As I said, watch this space.

Well no matches tonight folks.

We can't attack south because the Blue Alliance says we can't.

So we'll just sit here in a NAP for no benefit to ourselves whatsoever, being dictated to by others for reasons offering nothing to B-IE.

I'm very quickly coming to the determination that CW is a complete and utter waste of time, that offers our clan currently: no gold, no control over our own movements or direction, and no battles unless someone else says we can. Completely and utterly pointless.

See you all tomorrow.

• Advertisement

So we'll just sit here in a NAP for no benefit to ourselves whatsoever, being dictated to by others for reasons offering nothing to B-IE.

I'm very quickly coming to the determination that CW is a complete and utter waste of time, that offers our clan currently: no gold, no control over our own movements or direction, and no battles unless someone else says we can. Completely and utterly pointless.

See you all tomorrow.

CPC and HPTS aren't in the alliance so why should they care if we attack them??

See you all tomorrow.
    The benefit is that we have 4 provinces and were not gonna get steam rolled off the map. However y should they care, they should at least give a gd enough reason for us not to otherwise we should just tell them we're going for it.

CPC and HPTS aren't in the alliance so why should they care if we attack them??

Becaue the Grey alliance will use that as an excuse to attack. Big effing swing.

The Grey Alliance are just going to steam roll through there anyway.
    The benefit is that we have 4 provinces and were not gonna get steam rolled off the map. However y should they care, they should at least give a gd enough reason for us not to otherwise we should just tell them we're going for it.

But Phil - those 4 provinces offer us SFA really. We may as well be doing landing battles for the amount of gold we're gaining out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cro_bully

We may as well be doing landing battles for the amount of gold we're gaining out of it.

Better anything then nothing.

cro_bully wrote: »
    Better anything then nothing.

I'd rather be playing the game personally.

But Phil - those 4 provinces offer us SFA really. We may as well be doing landing battles for the amount of gold we're gaining out of it.
    That's why I said afterwards we may as well just go for it.

Quick update.

DK Killerwees have taken HPTS land, and CPC have moved onto the 1200gld province.

Grey alliance has also pushed further east than they had said they would.

B-IE will apparently be moved north by the Blue alliance apparently.

So any chance of an update? I see we took Scorpions land uncontested, presumably some sort of alliance level decision - any chance of letting us plebs in on the thinking / future plans?

After having a quick chat with Fionn yesterday I believe the plans currently are to organize the alliance clans into a position ready for a fight with the grey alliance. We took scorpions land last night to move our HQ away from the front line.

You'll need to get a more detailed answer from one of the commanders.

• Advertisement

After having a quick chat with Fionn yesterday I believe the plans currently are to organize the alliance clans into a position ready for a fight with the grey alliance. We took scorpions land last night to move our HQ away from the front line.

You'll need to get a more detailed answer from one of the commanders.

yep. they are are trying to manouver all the clans in alliance to the front before the fight starts. the greys are doing the same, but on the plus side the greys have to defend against all the landings to the west as well. So expect a lot of land swaps.
    long term, we will probably move to europe where the gold is.

Advertisement