Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bought fifty €2 all cash today

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

You should set up a webcam feed as you scratch off the 64 scratchcards. For some reason, I think I could be engrossed in watching someone potentially win a ****ton of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Hurry up OP :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

Waiting patiently for the news on the OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

But he was down €50 before he got the tickets (they are €1 arent they)

were you the bloke that gave cowan and lenihan advice that night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

deisedevil wrote: »
    He spent €100 euro. 50 x €2 = €100. He lost money, that's the current luck of the Irish right there.

So what that he lost a bit of money. You don't gamble and expect to win every time now do you? Thats exactly what I meant by good luck. He could have easily bought the 100 quids worth and got back 2 euro then id be saying different but he won over 60 quid and 5 frees.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

But he was down €50 before he got the tickets (they are €1 arent they)
    Home work for tonight

a ) compare and contrast Nett and Gross

b ) if someone bought fifty €2 "all cash", how much would one cost ?

Home work for tonight

a ) compare and contrast Nett and Gross

b ) if someone bought fifty €2 "all cash", how much would one cost ?

eh €50 each, no wait, €1 each, arrggghhhhhhhh , yea 50. no wait........
    ........... eh jedi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Found myself standing at the counter of my local shop earlier with a roll of €2 All Cash staring at me, decided to buy one.

(one €2 All Cash costs €2 for all you having issues with the maths)

Won €25!!!!!!!!!!! BOOOO YEAH!!!

Cheers OP your thread earned me €23 (€25 I won, minus the €2 I paid for the ticket, again, for those with mathematical issues)

The 99's are on me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Bobby1984 wrote: »

Just out of curiosity Fighting Irish how many winning tickets made up the €64. 1 in 3 wins is what they say so that's 17 - you had 5 free tickets so stats would say that you had 12 other winners

You got it exactly, 12 wins, 5 frees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

If I was spending €100 on scratch cards op, I would not have bought them in one shop.

I'd buy maybe 10 in 5 different shops. I imagine the chance of getting a few biggish wins on one roll of tickets would be less than tickets from different rolls.

They should tax forum posts. People would only post if it was worthwhile to do so. Spammers would be poor.

Erm, on second thoughts...I don't want to be poor.

As for scratch cards...I dislike getting them in birthday/Christmas cards. Don't get me wrong...I appreciate the thought, but with the odds of winning being so low, I effectively gain nothing most of the time. But, it is the thought that counts.

I'd prefer get a scratch card than a birthday card

I think All Cash gold its 1 in 6.4 chance of winning...

Just checked there, it's actually 1 in 5.1

I wonder if he already paid his household charge or is he one of those who says he can't afford it :-)

I partially did this to piss off them people :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Today I took out 2 fifty euro notes and burnt one of them.
    Go me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

ft9 wrote: »
    Found myself standing at the counter of my local shop earlier with a roll of €2 All Cash staring at me, decided to buy one.

(one €2 All Cash costs €2 for all you having issues with the maths)

Won €25!!!!!!!!!!! BOOOO YEAH!!!

Cheers OP your thread earned me €23 (€25 I won, minus the €2 I paid for the ticket, again, for those with mathematical issues)

The 99's are on me!!!

God damn you people the peer presure is killing me.

• Advertisement

If I was spending €100 on scratch cards op, I would not have bought them in one shop.

I'd buy maybe 10 in 5 different shops. I imagine the chance of getting a few biggish wins on one roll of tickets would be less than tickets from different rolls.

meh, it's all the same, you could get 0 wins just as easy

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Go me!

jealousy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

antodeco wrote: »
    So technically they're not 'All Cash'. False advertising. Better call Lionel Hutz

He is the man for it alright :)
    Lionel Hutz: This is the most blatant case of false advertising since my suit against the movie The Neverending Story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Just checked there, it's actually 1 in 5.1

Does it say anything about the average amount paid out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Hmmmm.......I have €20 in my pocket that I was gonna use for buying my dinner later but now I'm contemplating buying 20 scratchcards instead.
    Sure I could lose it all and go hungry, but there's also a chance I could win big and buy kfc for everyone!.......decisions, decisions.....

• Advertisement

Grimebox wrote: »
    Does it say anything about the average amount paid out?

nope, 1 in 5.1 wins which i presume includes winning a "free"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Go me!
    only one ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

So what that he lost a bit of money. You don't gamble and expect to win every time now do you? Thats exactly what I meant by good luck. He could have easily bought the 100 quids worth and got back 2 euro then id be saying different but he won over 60 quid and 5 frees.

still idiot/poor tax imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Bobby1984

Ok so my stats were based on 1 in 3 wins when actually its 1 in 5.1 which means you are beating the odds. Can you stay ahead of the game??? I think so.
    Therefore prediction if you get same €2 scratch cards (32 plus you're 5 free) is 4 Frees and winnings of €32 - €42.

Not wanting to steal your thunder but I got 5 €1 scratch cards in a birthday card last month. One €4 win, one €2 win, a free ticket and 2 duds. Funny enough these scratch cards are called Easy Money :D. Already a profit and a free ticket to come!!!

still idiot/poor tax imo

So are smokes and alcohol

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'm gonna buy 20 in the morning, and report back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I eagerly await the results of the next lot of scratch cards.

I wonder how long it's take you to actually burn through your €100 like this. If you started with €100 and decided you wouldn't stop until you ended up with more than €100 or nothing at all. That's an interesting idea. Want to conduct the experiment for us OP? Assuming you bought 50 €2 All Cash in one shop today, I think you should buy 32 €2 All Cash (I think you said you won €64) in the same shop and scratch these, along with the cards you won. Then, if you aren't above €100 and don't get absolutely nothing off the scratch cards, you go again.

If 1 in 5.1 wins, I wonder what the average return on that 1 in 5.1 is and how many scratch cards you could actually get from your €100.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I eagerly await the results of the next lot of scratch cards.

I wonder how long it's take you to actually burn through your €100 like this. If you started with €100 and decided you wouldn't stop until you ended up with more than €100 or nothing at all. That's an interesting idea. Want to conduct the experiment for us OP? Assuming you bought 50 €2 All Cash in one shop today, I think you should buy 32 €2 All Cash (I think you said you won €64) in the same shop and scratch these, along with the cards you won. Then, if you aren't above €100 and don't get absolutely nothing off the scratch cards, you go again.

If 1 in 5.1 wins, I wonder what the average return on that 1 in 5.1 is and how many scratch cards you could actually get from your €100.

I was gonna get 64 €1 all cash, does that suit your experiment :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,801 ✭✭✭✭kippy

D-Generate wrote: »
    You should set up a webcam feed as you scratch off the 64 scratchcards. For some reason, I think I could be engrossed in watching someone potentially win a ****ton of money.

You must love winning streak, who wants to be a millionaire, etc.

I just remembered that our work lotto (4 or 5 years ago) syndicate had a 100 quid built up and we did 100 quid on the euro millions when it got to the max prize.

We won nothing but it was fun

from wiki

Super Draws and Event draws are special drawings when the Jackpot is set to a guaranteed amount (often €100 million or €130 million at times), regardless of the expected Jackpot. The difference being that a Super Draw jackpot will roll over to the next drawing if not won but an Event Draw jackpot will be distributed amongst the winners in the next lower tier (ie match 5 + 1).

8 February 2008 €130 million 16 people

There was no winner with all 5 numbers and both lucky stars. The super-draw jackpot of was won by those people who had 5 numbers and 1 lucky star, winning a total of over €8.6 million each.

28 September 2007 €130 million 14 people

There was no winner with all 5 numbers and both lucky stars. The super-draw jackpot of was won by those people who had 5 numbers and 1 lucky star, winning a total of over €9.8 million each.

We won nothing but it was fun

• Advertisement

How much are they:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Why did i just read every post on this thread ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Nope as the average return would be less on the €1 ones and, if not, the chance of a higher prize would be lower I think. But hey, it's your money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

The intricacies of spending our dole money on scratch cards :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Elvis_Presley

this you?

image.jpg

Why did i just read every post on this thread ?

Because we all love gambling

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Nope as the average return would be less on the €1 ones and, if not, the chance of a higher prize would be lower I think. But hey, it's your money!

I understand all this, but it's more scratch cards :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

i'm gonna buy 20 in the morning, and report back

Well? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Some cracking maths on this thread ..
    ..watch out Mensa

• Advertisement

Because we all love gambling

How much did you win on the free tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

My sister once won a grand on a scratchcard!

It could be you!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I despair. I really do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I was googling the expected value of scratch cards and came across this :p

http://cdn-i.dmdentertainment.com/funpages/cms_content/17868/lotto2.jpg

You can't post images in after hours it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Prettyfireworks

Just wanted to post this here as a thanks the OP!

After reading this thread I decided to go out and spend €50 (it was payday, a little treat for myself!) on All Cash scratch cards,

20 x €2
    10 x €1

Altogether I won €81 and 4 free scratch cards (highest single win = €40)! And no, I am not putting my winnings into more scratch cards.. My car tax is due soon so this will add nicely to the pot for that!

So thanks, OP.. I'm up €31 plus whatever I may get from the free cards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

Bobby1984 wrote: »
    Ok so my stats were based on 1 in 3 wins when actually its 1 in 5.1 which means you are beating the odds. Can you stay ahead of the game??? I think so.
    Therefore prediction if you get same €2 scratch cards (32 plus you're 5 free) is 4 Frees and winnings of €32 - €42.

Not wanting to steal your thunder but I got 5 €1 scratch cards in a birthday card last month. One €4 win, one €2 win, a free ticket and 2 duds. Funny enough these scratch cards are called Easy Money :D. Already a profit and a free ticket to come!!!
    1 in 5.1 wins cash, a free is not equivalent to cash :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Prettyfireworks

metalfest wrote: »
    a free is not equivalent to cash :cool:

Most shops offer ye the money instead of the free if you want it that way. Takes the fun out of it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I only buy scratch cards when I need a thoughtless gift to stick in a greeting card, and/or if the only thing open is a petrol station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Must....resist..urge...to.spend...€100..on.scratchcards....but...so..bored..today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The girlfriend won 50 quid off one couple nights ago :D

How much did you win on the free tickets

50 scratch cards eventually turned into €95 :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement