Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celeb living in waterford!!!!

Options
  • 28-03-2012 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Did anyone hear that Jonathan Ryes Meyers has been living in Waterford for the last while!!

Meant to have got a house in Dunmore:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yes, he is all the rage about town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Half the town is after meeting him too, if you believe all the reports. Out of rehab and chilling out for a while apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Thought this was going to be another Chris Doran thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

He shot Michael Collins you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

jayboi wrote: »
    Thought this was going to be another Chris Doran thread...

Whatever happened to him?

• Advertisement

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to him?

Didn't he go to the states?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

He ain't too happy with all the attention as far as I know.Thought it'd be fairly quiet but he's constantly being asked to be in photos and stuff. Reckon the novelty of it will wear off in a bit and the guy can have a bit of peace and quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I've seen him 3 times and I never go anywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I have no idea who this person is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

I heard he's meant to be a very unpleasant character - a complete dick head as some would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

He's all over facebook. He offered to get in a pic with my friend. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ah he's not so bad when sober! He has had a house in Dunmore for a long time now iirc, mentioned it on tv a couple of years back, says he loves it there. He uses it as his detox place or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

In fairness to the chap he seems on a mission to appear on as many Waterford peoples Facebook as possible. Haven't heard one bad thing about him from anyone who's met him so far and that's been a lot!

I too heard he was a complete a*sehole but it seems that's more to do with his "nocturnal" activities. He spent a lot of time up in Ardkeen Stores, Island Lane etc last week talking and chatting to people and he had only gone up for a smoothie from the juice bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

A friend's sister was serving him in a shop last week, and said she copped who it was straight away, but didn't want to make a big deal about him. But he kept mentioning that he was a big actor from Hollywood, as if he wanted the attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

I was on the News and Star this week for my rant about parking on this forum last week.

Does that count:D:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Odats wrote: »
    I was on the News and Star this week for my rant about parking on this forum last week.

Does that count:D:D

aww, isn't that nice. News & Star using boards.ie for news storys :)

Yes, you are now a celeb! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Am I the only person who don't know who this person is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Stokolan wrote: »

Nope. I dont even know who most "celebrities" are these days anyway as I dont follow crappy pop culture and news, I dont watch tv and I dont listen to crap mainstream music.

Besides, if there is a "celeb" living in Waterford then why not leave him alone? Give the lad some peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭bullpost

Have a look at the Woody allen film called Match Point http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416320/

Hes in that , mind you so is Scarlett Johansson so if you watch it you wont really remember him in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Ye would have googled it quicker than posting....:confused:

• Advertisement

Remember Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston were around the Stradbally area a few years ago? They were looking to buy Woodhouse.

They were on the beer in The Cosy Thatch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

I havent met him around Waterford yet!! typical!!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

One of the girls I work with, her mum works in a shop that he was in and she said he was absolutely lovely. Had a good chat with him, he was buying art supplies and was very friendly. She asked him for an autograph for her daughter and then some people wanted to take some pictures and he was very obliging.

Apparently he was in the Kylemore cafe in City Square last Saturday having a cup of coffee.

I've seen him a few times up in Dublin and he never seemed up himself or rude.

It's good to see another Irish actor having done well for themselves, even though he has gone off the rails a bit but hopefully he'll get back on track, maybe he just needs a break from it all (which would appear to be what he is doing).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I just keep thinking of the fella who played Gimli

I just keep thinking of the fella who played Gimli

Wasnt that the guy from the show Sliders? I could IMDB him but I'm in a lazy mood.

Anyway, decent actor is our John. I'm surprised at those who don't know who he is. Outside of Fassbender/Ferrel he's prob the best known Irish actor in that age group. Granted, if your not into films it's perfectly understandable that you wouldn't know him....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ziedth wrote: »
    Wasnt that the guy from the show Sliders? I could IMDB him but I'm in a lazy mood.

Yep. And Raiders of the Lost Ark/Last Crusade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

What do yo suppose the first thing I did was when I saw his name in this post?

And guess what. I still don't know who he is! never seen him in anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

But that would then mean that I care who he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MikeyReilly

What do yo suppose the first thing I did was when I saw his name in this post?

And guess what. I still don't know who he is! never seen him in anything.

He played the king of england in the series The Tudors. My wife loves it. Pretty big show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

But that would then mean that I care who he is.

Yet you cared enough to write a post telling us how much you don't care... ;)

Advertisement