Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you destroy Wednesday? And more...

• 28-03-2012 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

Lets say for arguments sake we're all working Monday to Friday and have Saturday and Sunday off.
    Would you like to destroy Wednesdays and have only four week days, if you still aged the same way we do now with Wednesdays still here.

If the average age is 77 it would be like losing 11 years:eek: but we'd go through life with less work and still the same amount of weekend time.

Also who came up with the idea of working 39hours for a standard week? I know lots of people also work far more.
    Why wasn't it 25 or something.

There just aren't enough hours in the day for me any more.
    I'm home from work after 5pm after leaving around 7. So that really only leaves me with 6 hours play time until I should be getting to sleep for my 8 hours. I'm happy getting 7, but I want the 8. I'd love to have 12 hours play time before getting my 8 hours sleep after work.

I really think we need to reevaluate how we work.

Comments

Is destroying Monday an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Is destroying Monday an option?
    But then Tuesday would become the new Monday, so we'd have to destroy that as well. Then Wednesday would have to go, and so on, and sure where does that lead us but to a dayless madness. Madness I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Leave Wednesday alone.

Destroy Monday.

Monday's suck. So if we never had another Monday everybody would be happy.

Although having said that, if you've been on the auld disco biscuits on Saturday night it can be Tuesday before the real downer kicks in. So maybe Tuesday should be on the chopping block.

Hump Day (or Wednesday to the lay man) should be left alone though.

Although if we got suffered through Monday and Tuesday and we gave Wednesday the old heave-ho then we'd be rocking it straight to Thursday and as we all know Thursday is totally gravy. And after that it's all plain sailing until Friday and then it's like totally the weekend!

Actually I just realised I work weekends anyway so that doesn't matter to me at all.

Maybe we should start some manner of reality TV show where the various days of the week could battle it out in a talent contest to prove which ones deserve to stay. Or a fight to the death like in that new film eh.... 21 Jump Street.

You know what? Let's just leave it as is, I'm a bit tired and Southpark is starting soon.

Oh man I'm so baked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

I thought this thread was going to be about aggressive sex with Wednesday Addams of the Addams Family (aka Christina Ricci).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I thought this thread was going to be about aggressive sex with Wednesday Addams of the Addams Family (aka Christina Ricci).

Peado Alert.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

If you destroy wednesday you will destroy this thread, that would be a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I also thought that
    Well I though not then but I would now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Don't do that, that's when I have my radio show! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

But..but when would people collect their scratcher :eek:

Peado Alert.

Thanks. Just looked up wikipedia, didnt realise the character in the movies was so young, she's 18 in the musical :o

Anyways back on topic, I'd like to see half days on Wednesdays as standard, same as secondary school. Its nice to have some time off during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

If we destroy Wednesday it will cause a a rip in the space time continuum and you will end up sleeping with your mother.

Trust me on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭weemcd

Tuesday is, and always has been the most pointless day of the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Tell me why....

....you don't Wednesdays

Tell me why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I'd like to see half days on Wednesdays as standard, same as secondary school.
    Half days? Secondary school? Hah? When? Why? How?

OP, don't destroy Wednesday, that's a day off we could use.
    Four-day weeks would lead to more employment, and we'd get to live lives as well. Amazing.

grindle wrote: »
    Half days? Secondary school? Hah? When? Why? How?

You know, classes finishing at 12:30 on a Wednesday? Aren't all secondary schools like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

You know, classes finishing at 12:30 on a Wednesday? Aren't all secondary schools like this?

Not in my world. Is this a new thing?
    Speak up, parents!

Advertisement