Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foidin Mara

• 29-03-2012 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭

Anyone ever hear of this one?

It's an old Mayo story whereby you get lost in a fog walking home and have to put your coat on back to front to get out of it.
    It only ever seems to happen to people who have been at the aul poitín for some reason. Indeed I often stumbled home myself and after realising I had looked at nothing but my shoes for a long space of time, realised that I was anywhere but where I was meant to be.

It's an Irish excuse (or a Mayo excuse) for a drunken misfortune - like a them black donkeys who keep running out onto the road in front of us

Anyone who can think of any other Irish excuses (without being so boring and predictable as mentioning politics or bondholders) will receive a pardon from a fairie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Mayo people are fucking nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

Some of them are fucking sheep too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Mayo people are fucking nuts.
    It really is a ridiculous county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

I love Mayo it is like a trip back in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Too far back though. Scott Bakula'd be quaking in his boots havin' to drive those roads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

So is Portlaoise, Roscommon, Longford and the aran islands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

Laugh all you want but the people of Castlebar will have the last laugh, they haven't stopped paying ground rent to Lord Lucan ya know and when the shit hits the fan there's no better boy to have your back

We await you kind Sor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

It's an old Mayo story whereby you get lost in a fog walking home and have to put your coat on back to front to get out of it.
    It only ever seems to happen to people who have been at the aul poitín for some reason. Indeed I often stumbled home myself and after realising I had looked at nothing but my shoes for a long space of time, realised that I was anywhere but where I was meant to be.

It's an Irish excuse (or a Mayo excuse) for a drunken misfortune - like a them black donkeys who keep running out onto the road in front of us

Anyone who can think of any other Irish excuses (without being so boring and predictable as mentioning politics or bondholders) will receive a pardon from a fairie

I haven't a clue what you're on about tbh. Never heard of that story before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If it doesn't involve the devil appearing at some point it's not a real Mayo story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Yeah. It's bio-luminescence. In connemara anyway. Not sure about mayo. They haven't been speaking Irish for a long time so they might be a bit mixed up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement