Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inlaws

• 29-03-2012 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Ahhhhhhh my head is melted My husbands birthday was a few weeks away due to friends weddings and other commitments we have not been down the country to see his family since.
    We decided this morning we would go down this weekend and i would text this mam and sisters that we get on wit and invite them to come out for dinner on sunday so that was perfect. They all text back and said they would be delighted to go. I booked a table for all of us and that was fine. Until, his mam rang this evening to know why his youngest sister (evil cow) was not invited he explained that due to her ruining my hen and our wedding he did not want to see her! Once a year is enough to see her xmas!!! His mother gave out and said well if she wasnt invited none of them were going!
    I find this very annoying as his sister offen have bbq and lunchs and never invite us but we dont kick up. Im so angry!!!

What to do..................

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Don't go :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Just head home or leave your husband and you won't have to deal with them anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Why do people hate their inlaws, and why do inlaws hate them?

Is it just some childish defence mechanism based on the notion of "I don't want this outsider coming in and shagging my precious family member" and its retaliation?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Airhead21

Leaving him is looking like a good option at least then i wouldnt have to deal wit this sh*t

Airhead21 wrote: »
    Leaving him is looking like a good option at least then i wouldnt have to deal wit this sh*t

Ask yourself in all honesty is he worth the hassle, if the answer is no then go and live your own life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Yep. Definitely leave him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

we all have family problems.
    deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Remind her why you're not inviting her daughter then tell her you won't be coming down to see them again if that's how she wants it.

If she wants to start giving ultimatums out then give her one back. You'll regret it if you give in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

First off so what your sister in law "ruined" your hen party and wedding. You still had your hen party and you're still in a loving marriage. Seriously grow up and act more mature. So what your sister in law will be there but she will be for the rest of your life so you can't avoid her forever. You married your husband not his family but his siblings and parents are important to him too. So just go and smile through gritted teeth if you must.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Then she wins

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    Then she wins

There are no winners, why hasn't hubby stood up to his family?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

ruining my hen and our wedding

We need details....

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Airhead21

He hasnt stood up to them because he hates confrentation and rows! And they think if they push it they will get there own way! Not this time they can all stay at home and we will have a nice meal together!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

OP I noticed you only have 3 posts in AHs, all in this thread.
    Try the Personal Issues forum.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement