Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone Have An STI Test?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

No, the swab is supposed to go into the urethra. Just just inside the tip not on the tip.

Well yes- you don't notice it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Sykk wrote: »
    Yes... Umbrella down the japs :(

Oh toughen up for f*ck's sake.

Only whiny babies give out about what is really only a second or two of minor discomfort.

:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

just got me results back today. I don't have AIDS, Yeaaaa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

just got me results back today. I don't have AIDS, Yeaaaa.
    Congrats
    Do they still make you wait a week, in that week the imagination runs, it definitely persuades you into only practising safe sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Here, they give everyone an AIDS test when they first visit the doctor. They poke your finger tip with a needle, and dip it in some liquid to see if it changes colour. Takes about 30 seconds. So I don't know what these places which take 2 weeks are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Blisterman wrote: »
    Here, they give everyone an AIDS test when they first visit the doctor. They poke your finger tip with a needle, and dip it in some liquid to see if it changes colour. Takes about 30 seconds. So I don't know what these places which take 2 weeks are doing.

They arn't only testing for HIV syphilis gonorrhoea callidnya 9spelling) etc.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

What colour does it change to, out of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

what is this about cotton buds, and swabs and needles in the eye of the penis? :rolleyes:

it's a tiny, tiny like scraper spoon, like the ones they use in chemistry to get the powder out of test tubes, goes just inside the eye of the penis and as has previously been posted, you seriously dont even feel it two minutes later, it's like as if you want to scratch yourself to get rid of the irritation but you know you cant.

i've been having STI tests done regularly for years simply as part of my regular health checkup and its not nearly even a fraction as dramatic or as painful as some posters are making out here.

last time i went now a couple of weeks ago the nurse didnt use the sample scraper, just took a blood sample from my arm and a urine test, i asked about the scraper and she said they dont need to do that any more. as minidazzler said though, some places still use it, and it's NOT the worst thing in the world ffs! :rolleyes:

christ we all talk about modern ireland and getting away from the catholic way of thinking, etc, but going by some of the posts in this thread you would swear some posters were still stuck back in ignorant old ireland! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I think that might be an iron test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

been tested a few times, its nothing, I cant fathom why anyone who's sexually active wouldnt get tested one a year or so just to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,532 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The Camera is worse than the swab. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

kowloon wrote: »
    The Camera is worse than the swab. :(

It sure is, but it's still bearable once the doctor knows what they are doing.
    So many cry babies on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

My balls are swolen. Oh well at least now they can both fit into my moth's mouth at the same time :p
    I'm finding it difficult to believe you have a "moth" tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Andy!! wrote: »
    What colour does it change to, out of interest?
    Fortunately I didn't find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Havent had one done in a while must go get one even though it's highly unlikely I've picked up anything due to not having much of a sexlife at the mo:o Ladies am I better off going to a well woman clinic etc? If anyone could pm me a good place to go in Dublin? Last time I paid privately for tests but just havent the cash to be doing that again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Havent had one done in a while must go get one even though it's highly unlikely I've picked up anything due to not having much of a sexlife at the mo:o Ladies am I better off going to a well woman clinic etc? If anyone could pm me a good place to go in Dublin? Last time I paid privately for tests but just havent the cash to be doing that again.

St James near to Heuston station is grand,went there a while ago myself. The woman I got to do mine was really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

St James near to Heuston station is grand,went there a while ago myself. The woman I got to do mine was really nice.

Cheers do you need an appointment or can you just walk in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Cheers do you need an appointment or can you just walk in?

If you do a search you'll find the details,as far as I remember you go in in the morning,take a number and then you're given a time to come back at after lunch,when you'll eventually be called to get your tests done. So you've to be there at 9am to begin with,but as for what days of the week,you'll have to look that up. The clinic is called the Guide clinic,it'll be a part of the St James hospital website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Guys not going because of the swab is ridiculous, they use a tiny cotton bud not like a normal sized one.

Man up guys honestly

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭RingTheAlarm!

Several times, would rather feel the small pinch for a few secs than render someone infertile for the rest of their lives to be honest. Luckily I haven't caught anything drastic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement