Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone activation.

• 29-03-2012 9:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭

So ,long story short, I got my 4s replaced by the Apple store in Glasgow last month!
    Brought it back to my hotel,set it up and restored it and activated the handset!

So today I decided to try a non meteor sim in it to see if it was "sim-free" and when I put in the sim (48) it said the iPhone needs to be activated?...does this mean its not sim free? Or that once I activate it,it will work?

Apologies if this is a stupid question!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Zed1601

ArklowHoop wrote: »
    So ,long story short, I got my 4s replaced by the Apple store in Glasgow last month!
    Brought it back to my hotel,set it up and restored it and activated the handset!

So today I decided to try a non meteor sim in it to see if it was "sim-free" and when I put in the sim (48) it said the iPhone needs to be activated?...does this mean its not sim free? Or that once I activate it,it will work?

Yes u just need to activate it and it will work fine. That message is normal when u put in a sim from a different carrier.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Was the one that was replaced unlocked? If it was locked you get a locked one back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

whiterebel wrote: »

Was the one that was replaced unlocked? If it was locked you get a locked one back.

It was a locked one I gave in!..

Would it not say sim locked if I put in a different carrier sim?..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It was a locked one I gave in!..

Would it not say sim locked if I put in a different carrier sim?..

Probably will give you an error when you try to activate. Apple only give out like for like, and don't normally give back an unlocked phone for a locked one.

Advertisement