Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsure of investment opportunity

Options
  • 29-03-2012 9:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have been approached by Dolphin German Property Investments and am unsure of their reputation.

After extensive documentation (from Dolphin), and travel to Germany to see the properties in question, I'm more than happy to invest, but am trying to ease that last niggling doubt as this is the first time I've come across them (after decades in the finance industry).
    Quick Google searches are not helping me at all, so I'm hoping a boardsie has some input.

Does anyone know of any reason not to trust this company?

Equally, I'd love to hear good reviews.

Thanks, in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

If they don't show up on the internet what does that tell you?

Why would you invest in anything with so little transparency when you could make any number of safer investments locally?

What is so great about this investment that it beats a deposit account in the bank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pawnacide

Wouldn't touch it with someone elses barge pole .. run don't walk. To be honest if Google searches are your only means of deciding on an investment vehicle you should probably keep your money in the bank.

As a rule of thumb never get involved in an investment 'opportunity' where they approach you. Unless maybe you have a wealth management advisor, even then due diligence should be applied and Google searches are not due diligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Being covered on Prime Time now - looks like much of the investments may be lost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Being covered on Prime Time now - looks like much of the investments may be lost

Very sad what has happened to these people, looks like it was a complete scam

Advertisement