Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

it just wont stick now

• 29-03-2012 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭

hi i recently put this product as a seal between the kitchen tiles and the sink unit

but this product which is a rubber type was ok at first but now keep coming up any ideas what i might use that can permanetly stick it so it wont come up

it is a long strip of rubber that can bend in half in centre any clues please ?

http://www.polycell.co.uk/products/polycell_sealant_strip_for_kitchen_and_bathrooms.jsp

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Feck it in the bin and put a nice thin bead of Tec 7 along it will never leak or come off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Either silicone the seal down or bin it as said above.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Tech 7 for the win here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭faolteam

but what if the gap is a bit bigger than the bead ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

The sealant will cope with any gap up to about 1cm-ish. the bigger the gap the more untidy it looks though. How big is your gap? That seal you are using is rubbish.

TT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭IrlMonk

God i hate them seals. very tacky looking. Good advice giving in previous posts

Advertisement