Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiscal Treaty Referendum.....How will you vote?

Options

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Wild Bill wrote: »
    ...the Bankers' Treaty.
    :confused: What makes it a bankers' treaty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

I don't know. And I think the YES side will easily win (it's in the polls).

Which doesn't mean the 'yes' supporters are right - just that most folk are easily threatened, scared and misled.

Probably our elderly population swinging it for the yes, you know the way enda & co frighten old people into doing what they want, e.g. household tax.
    Suppose big man phil, the thug will be back on the airwaves once Thursday is out of the way.

gerryo777 wrote: »
    ...you know the way enda & co frighten old people into doing what they want...
    ...because frightening people is something the 'no' side wouldn't stoop to.

Referendums in this country destroy the last shreds of my respect for humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Probably our elderly population swinging it for the yes, you know the way enda & co frighten old people into doing what they want, e.g. household tax.
    Suppose big man phil, the thug will be back on the airwaves once Thursday is out of the way.

Perhaps you should look at my post here... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78909677&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

It's always funny when SF supporters call FG politicians thugs who frighten old people and such :pac:

But work away, sure you can always talk about

1) Expenses (just don't mention ink cartridges)
    2) Shady developers ( just don't mention priory hall)
    3) Party funding (Just don't mention the USA)
    4) Taxes and cuts (Just don't mention Northern Ireland)
    5) Thugs (Well that's a pandora's box we don't want to open :D)

I don't mind Joe Higgins cause at least he has a bit of substance behind his stances, but SF :pac: even worse then the main parties because they do the exact same things, even worse with a lot of stuff, but have the audacity to pretend they would never do anything wrong and are for the lower classes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Just a Plinker

Have to add my spoke my vote will be no. I don't pretend to understand politics but based on what I feel, hear, and can understand I'll go with no. I do not like the threats made my our elected government and feel like we are being threatend into a yes vote, I could ramble on about water charges and house hold charges but I will leave that be, A seperate subject for sure.

Rgds

Have to add my spoke my vote will be no. I don't pretend to understand politics but based on what I feel, hear, and can understand I'll go with no. I do not like the threats made my our elected government and feel like we are being threatend into a yes vote, I could ramble on about water charges and house hold charges but I will leave that be, A seperate subject for sure.

Rgds

What threats?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Rgds

Can you explain these threats? I haven't seen them. I have seen plenty on the No side though.

Just out of curiousity though...which side has the poster of a desert landscape with a vulture hovering overhead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

It's always funny when SF supporters call FG politicians thugs who frighten old people and such :pac:

I don't mind Joe Higgins cause at least he has a bit of substance behind his stances, but SF :pac: even worse then the main parties because they do the exact same things, even worse with a lot of stuff, but have the audacity to pretend they would never do anything wrong and are for the lower classes.

As I've stated on here several times, I do not/did not vote Sinn Fein.
    BTW your little list there, is that FF's top 5.
    Clown.

As I've stated on here several times, I do not/did not vote Sinn Fein.
    BTW your little list there, is that FF's top 5.
    Clown.

It could be indeed. ;)

• Advertisement

Rgds

I draw your attention to here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78909677&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

golfball37 wrote: »
    We are not voting on the ESM treaty?

We are voting on the Fiscal Stability treaty. :(
    We are voting on a constitutional amendment which would allow the government to ratify the treaty... or not.

Hi waltzing It is only my personal feeling towards what I have being listening to on the Radio, WLR , RADIO 1, etc I listen alot as I am a Painter and have the Radio on most days , The threats I am on about are the ones made by our elected politicians on air ( Well I viewed them as threats) when I was listening, Basically If we vote no it will be worse for us in the next budget etc, My post is my honest opinion . I can't remember everything I heard but what I have heard has made up my mind, I'm sorry if this has caused you offence but that is my view, My opinion on how I feel about Water charges , Household tax is irrelevant in this matter , I do know this is a seperate issue which I feel is very important, my vote is based on what has been said about this on National radio and Tv.
    I am not allied to any political party and never will be as in my HONEST opinion they are all the same.

Rgds

Thank you for your reply

What threats?

Einhard wrote: »
    Can you explain these threats? I haven't seen them. I have seen plenty on the No side though.

Just out of curiousity though...which side has the poster of a desert landscape with a vulture hovering overhead?

What poster what vulture ????????????

If you are a smoker stop buying the cheap ones :D:D:)

Rgds

The threats I am on about are the ones made by our elected politicians on air ( Well I viewed them as threats) when I was listening, Basically If we vote no it will be worse for us in the next budget etc...
    Let's just imagine, hypothetically, that one of the effects of a 'no' vote was, indeed, that the next budget would have to be more severe.

Under those circumstances, do you think the minister for finance should lie about that fact in order to avoid being seen to threaten you?

There may be negative consequences to failing to ratify the treaty. How can those possible consequences be articulated without it being interpreted as a threat?

Hi waltzing It is only my personal feeling towards what I have being listening to on the Radio, WLR , RADIO 1, etc I listen alot as I am a Painter and have the Radio on most days , The threats I am on about are the ones made by our elected politicians on air ( Well I viewed them as threats) when I was listening, Basically If we vote no it will be worse for us in the next budget etc, My post is my honest opinion . I can't remember everything I heard but what I have heard has made up my mind, I'm sorry if this has caused you offence but that is my view, My opinion on how I feel about Water charges , Household tax is irrelevant in this matter , I do know this is a seperate issue which I feel is very important, my vote is based on what has been said about this on National radio and Tv.
    I am not allied to any political party and never will be as in my HONEST opinion they are all the same.

Rgds

Thank you for your reply

Well that is fair enough and fair play for answering. I, being a yes voter, would disagree with you, but c'est la vie. I don't think it is was the best thing to say, but as much as puts his foot in it, the man did have a point.

If you have a steady amount of money coming into your home, you can plan and budget. If you do not know where you will get money and will be charged higher interest rates for borrowing elsewhere, it is likely you will try save as much as possible before that happens. It is harsh, unfair, and certainly not pleasant, but it is something all people have to do when they are in those situations.

meglome thank you for your reply, someone who has the time to walk about our great Nation taking pics of posters has to much free time on their hands, I just voiced my opinion based on what I have heard from politicians on air not what any body puts on a poster , Posters are a waste of tax payers money and I don't READ THEM . The money would be better spent on sick children, or how many hours overtime for a Guard to be on duty, Or a nurse. This countyr needs to get a grip of itself. I am sorry but now I'm getting irrate

So I will log off,

I JUST POSTED ON HOW I WILL VOTE.

meglome wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

A couple of questions.

What way could a Yes/No vote effect my tracker?

What way could a Yes/No vote effect Irish Rail and contractors for the railway.

It probably wont effect either, but im asking just to makes sure.

Undecided voter .:confused:

gsxr1 wrote: »
    What way could a Yes/No vote effect my tracker?

What way could a Yes/No vote effect Irish Rail and contractors for the railway.
    Probably not at all either way in both cases.

Right this is my last post on this . I am only a self employed Painter If I was a political expert on this I would be on RTE I would hope to be on the same salary as say well any of them. You are bang on my friend I stand corrected A minister for Finace has never ever lied in this country before

just as well u pointed that out

QUOTE=oscarBravo;78914395]Let's just imagine, hypothetically, that one of the effects of a 'no' vote was, indeed, that the next budget would have to be more severe.

Under those circumstances, do you think the minister for finance should lie about that fact in order to avoid being seen to threaten you?

There may be negative consequences to failing to ratify the treaty. How can those possible consequences be articulated without it being interpreted as a threat?[/QUOTE]

• Advertisement

meglome thank you for your reply, someone who has the time to walk about our great Nation taking pics of posters has to much free time on their hands, I just voiced my opinion based on what I have heard from politicians on air not what any body puts on a poster , Posters are a waste of tax payers money and I don't READ THEM . The money would be better spent on sick children, or how many hours overtime for a Guard to be on duty, Or a nurse. This countyr needs to get a grip of itself. I am sorry but now I'm getting irrate

So I will log off,

I JUST POSTED ON HOW I WILL VOTE.

Oh yeah so much time. Or as I call it walking to the hospital to visit my mother after her heart attack.

meglome I am sorry about your Mother I Hope with all my heart she will be okay. ( No matter what is said in this thread) I Lived with my Grandparents for most of my life . In November 2010 I lost my grandmother to breast cancer she never told anyone , She lasted two weeks after I made the call to caredoc to take her to Hospital on a Saturday night.

But with saying that for the two weeks she was alive I visited every day and did not stop
    meglome wrote: »
    Oh yeah so much time. Or as I call it walking to the hospital to visit my mother after her heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭beeftotheheels

But with saying that for the two weeks she was alive I visited every day and did not stop to take pictures on the bloody way

Note to self, human beings have no right to try to distract themselves from their more immediate pressing problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭swampgas

Hi waltzing It is only my personal feeling towards what I have being listening to on the Radio, WLR , RADIO 1, etc I listen alot as I am a Painter and have the Radio on most days , The threats I am on about are the ones made by our elected politicians on air [...]

Actually, Plinker, I think there is something interesting in your observation: basically, politicians are often terrified of saying anything negative.

When you did hear somebody come out with a possible negative outcome - which is all he did - it was so out of character for a politician that it sounded like a threat!

Perhaps it just goes to show how much politicians try to avoid being the bearers of bad news.

You are bang on my friend I stand corrected A minister for Finace has never ever lied in this country before

just as well u pointed that out
    I didn't say no minister for finance has ever lied; I asked whether you would prefer to be lied to than to be told something you didn't want to hear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Godge wrote: »
    It is not necessarily true that we will need a bailout but there are such things as self-fulfilling prophecies.

So....it'll be my fault then :(
    humanji wrote: »
    Because the no camp has been a bastion of honesty and respect for the voters?

Come on! I never said that; some of the nays are as duplicitous and evasive as the yeas. I have constantly pointed out that austerity is coming, yes or no.
    oscarBravo wrote: »

Referendums in this country destroy the last shreds of my respect for humanity.

Wow! I'm not sure if that can be treated. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

1) Use of free (taxpayer) ink for the purpose of raising political consciousness. Admirable. What would FG do? - Give it to the German bankers :rolleyes:

2) Mick Lowery anyone?

3) "Party funding (Just don't mention the USA)". :confused: Why not? That's where a lot of it comes from!

4) Norniron isn't a sovereign state with revenue raising powers; false "analogy"

You talkin' about the Blueshirts? The Heavy Gang? The Civil War massacres? Let's open the box! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

1) Use of free (taxpayer) ink for the purpose of raising political consciousness. Admirable. What would FG do? - Give it to the German bankers :rolleyes:

2) Mick Lowery anyone?

3) "Party funding (Just don't mention the USA)". :confused: Why not? That's where a lot of it comes from!

4) Norniron isn't a sovereign state with revenue raising powers; false "analogy"

You talkin' about the Blueshirts? The Heavy Gang? The Civil War massacres? Let's open the box! :D

At least no current FG politician killed anyone or ordered such...

and Northern Ireland has devolution; it just so happens that it runs at such a deficit that it would collapse without a subsidy from the rest of the UK.

Edit: On topic SF is mainly using this campaign almost exclusively as a means to boost their domestic ambitions (we'll get rid of austerity, just give us the Dail!!!11!, etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

It is not true that a yes vote would guarantee access to the ESM. As explained just now by Paul Murphy MEP, any member state in the ESM can veto ESM funds for another member state.

• Advertisement

meglome thank you for your reply, someone who has the time to walk about our great Nation taking pics of posters has to much free time on their hands,

What is it with no campaigners and always bringing it down to personal attacks? I have been called a heap of names over the last few weeks and there's been plenty of innuendo about my character generally. The only possible reason that I would take the time out to disagree with the no campaign is because I'm paid by the government, didn't you know? No other possible reason at all, and certainly nothing to do with the no campaign being rather full of it.
    But with saying that for the two weeks she was alive I visited every day and did not stop

Good for you. Neither have I or the several other family members who visit each day, multiple times a day. Of course we want to give the hospital staff an opportunity to do their jobs so we don't all sit there all day. What could be better on a sunny day than strolling around taking some pictures and showing the no campaign up for what it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement