Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting posters appearing around UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

kids today....

dont ye know how to shrink a picture for forum use ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

SandraNiD wrote: »
    I know who it is.
    he's a little ladyboy.

Ha, classy edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭shabouwcaw

I know who it is.
    he's a little ladyboy.

that's an awfully heteronormative worldview you have there.

fight the sizeist gender-binary hegemony!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Edits are not hidden from mods.
    Sandra NiD banned for a week to go learn some manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

very disappointed with the standard of trolls on this forum these days, i remember the good ol' days when they were twice as annoying and twice as imaginative

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

freyners wrote: »
    very disappointed with the standard of trolls on this forum these days, i remember the good ol' days when they were twice as annoying and twice as imaginative

Thoooooose were the days......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

At least Sid put effort into trying to piss everyone off. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I do wish that there is a way to get in contact with the person/group. I would like to hear their reason behind it. How much of the €72 go to the SU and C&S?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ginge Young

Jester252 wrote: »
    I do wish that there is a way to get in contact with the person/group. I would like to hear their reason behind it. How much of the €72 go to the SU and C&S?

As I mentioned earlier, the 72 euro does not go directly to the SU/C&S to be spent how they please it goes to pay off for the Boathouse/Student Centre/Arena all which will be paid off by 2013 which is why they want to hold a referendum next semester to extend it to cover a new Student Centre/Pitches/Arena Extension to accommodate practically everyone in one go. The new student centre will most likely include a venue on campus.

As I mentioned earlier, the 72 euro does not go directly to the SU/C&S to be spent how they please it goes to pay off for the Boathouse/Student Centre/Arena all which will be paid off by 2013 which is why they want to hold a referendum next semester to extend it to cover a new Student Centre/Pitches/Arena Extension to accommodate practically everyone in one go. The new student centre will most likely include a venue on campus.
    All of it? Then how does the SU and C&S get funded?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Mikel91

I do hope the guys trying to be a RL troll as if not....Well then guy is plainly an idiot.

Capitation from the Uni?

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Capitation from the Uni?
    I always though that was the €72 hence why it isn't paied by the grant. Oh well the more you know. Kinda worrying how much control the uni has over the SU

I always though that was the €72 hence why it isn't paied by the grant. Oh well the more you know. Kinda worrying how much control the uni has over the SU

TBH I'm not 100% sure of how it works.

My understanding was that capitation came to the Uni based on the number of registered students each year (hence the fine if you register late) and then they pass it on to the SU and C&S.

I'm open to correction on this.

I can't remember the exact level of capitation the University gives per student, I just know the 72 euro student levy is completely separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

the capitation fee is around a 1000 is it not?

no it couldn't be. a few hundred anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Somebody told me the capitation per student is 40 euro....I can't vouch for how accurate that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 RDJMPC

The grant the HEA gives to the University per student capita is continually being cut each year.

The Student levy is a seperate fee decided by students at an AGM a few years back. This is for capital projects. Didn't Derek Daly and the General Manager of the SU controversially travel to USA recently to look into possible designs for new student centres? Maybe call in and see what's been proposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

The student levy is the 72, right?
    Is the 72 voluntary but automatic or is it mandatory?
    If it's mandatory, is it a result of joining the ULSU? Was ages since I was an undergrad and don't remember if it was part of my postgrad fees.
    Can you opt not to join the SU (which would create free rider issues) or is that mandatory?

Cossax wrote: »
    The student levy is the 72, right?
    Is the 72 voluntary but automatic or is it mandatory?
    If it's mandatory, is it a result of joining the ULSU? Was ages since I was an undergrad and don't remember if it was part of my postgrad fees.
    Can you opt not to join the SU (which would create free rider issues) or is that mandatory?
    You have to pay it even if you get the grant it comes out of your own pocket

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 RDJMPC

The €72 was set by a previous referendum some years ago (I'm not sure exactly when). This is payable by all students, whether undergrad or postgrad. It is a mandatory charge and there is no opt out. Least postgrads have the PSU too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 UL_Antisoc

great photos :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kevin.Lally

The first act of my a secret clique!

The SU won't know what hit them! More posters are on the way!

Yeah, sticking it to the man! Feels good

The first act of my a secret clique!

The SU won't know what hit them! More posters are on the way!

Yeah, sticking it to the man! Feels good

you had nothing to do with those posters.

Oh this is going to get entertaining :cool:

you endorsing this behaviour ginge? must put that in the dossier, the advocate will have a nice read.

Yeah I did! I don't see anyone else claiming to have put them up!

little bit scummy taking the credit for other people's work, especially hiding behind someone else's name.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

UL_Antisoc wrote: »
    you endorsing this behaviour ginge? must put that in the dosier, the advocate will have a nice read.

Watch out Ginge, he's got a dossier on you.

And a poorly spelled one at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

shabouwcaw wrote: »
    trolling IRL.....

I like the V for Vendetta reference.

It's actually a reference from real life

• Advertisement

ask nicely?

Advertisement