Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting posters appearing around UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Whywecanthavenice2.png?1318200747

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Oh this is going to get entertaining

50 seconds in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Hope this one doesn't get locked.

Seems to be someone Pretending to be kevin lally fighting with kevin lally who's pretending to be someone else.

Hilarity shall ensue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 UL_Antisoc

Hope this one doesn't get locked.

Seems to be someone Pretending to be kevin lally fighting with kevin lally who's pretending to be someone else.

Hilarity shall ensue.

seems yourself and derek daly know a lot about what's going on, care to share your insights? I'd slightly disagree with the analysis, the K.L account seems to be making some fairly innocuous comments, but other members, less anonymous than that, seem to be putting the boot in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

CiaranMT wrote: »
    UL_Antisoc wrote: »
    you endorsing this behaviour ginge? must put that in the dosier, the advocate will have a nice read.

Watch out Ginge, he's got a dossier on you.

And a poorly spelled one at that.
    Lucky you Ginge. I wish he had one on me :'(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 UL_Antisoc

We do, it's just your real name and facebook account, you're not interesting or relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

oh-no-she-diint-thumb.jpg

How do you know? Maybe I'm your opposites number? I just might be a bit illusive

no you're not, i'm not getting into a tit for tat on this with you, you're a nobody, much in the same vein ciaranmt is a nobody. when you become a somebody i will take more notice.

>i'm not getting into a tit for tat
    >Says after tit-for-tatting for last number of pages and on separate thread
    >continues to tit for tat
    >mfw:

1310428349083_0.png

no you're not, i'm not getting into a tit for tat on this with you, you're a nobody, much in the same vein ciaranmt is a nobody. when you become a somebody i will take more notice.
    Maybe I'm the type of person you what somebody who blends in. Somebody already in the SU. It will look odd when a bunch of new people show up and what to get involved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Isn't there an age limit or something on boards to stop this kind of poster?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

UL_Antisoc, Please stop with the abusive posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

Oxford_ wrote: »
    You may think you are having a joke here, but you have made some serious claims and should be prepared to stand by them.

As I said, nobody is anonymous on here.

Didn't you make serious claims against Derek Daly and others throughout the year?

That was a little far implying that but mods would step in if baseless claims were made.

You can be anonymous for a while but people can connect dots and talk which spreads the word!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Oxford_

reunion wrote: »
    Didn't you make serious claims against Derek Daly and others throughout the year?

No. Please highlight anywhere in my posts where I have even made reference towards Derek Daly.
    reunion wrote: »
    That was a little far implying that but mods would step in if baseless claims were made.

You can be anonymous for a while but people can connect dots and talk which spreads the word!

I don't know the person in question but if somebody is going to imply somebody is a paedophile than they should be prepared to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Can we go back to discussing the posters I put up?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Deleted the crap that was being spewed forth by several posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

about time were you on holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 auldpooky

This one was quiet funny I thought

ZTpTs.jpg

They do love Pokemon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Love that one!

• Advertisement

Charges aren't coming in til next September afaik?

You vote no confidence 'in' something, not 'to' something.

Not part of Paddy's remit as C&S Officer I would've thought, more Welfare. Just reads as an excuse to get a dig in on him.

All immaterial anyway; charging for the Health Centre has to happen or else the service won't exist into the future.

All in all, pretty poorly thought out.

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Charges aren't coming in til next September afaik?

You vote no confidence 'in' something, not 'to' something.

Not part of Paddy's remit as C&S Officer I would've thought, more Welfare. Just reads as an excuse to get a dig in on him.

All immaterial anyway; charging for the Health Centre has to happen or else the service won't exist into the future.

All in all, pretty poorly thought out.

But when did the sabbats know about this? As someone else pointed out, paddy mentioned it in a hust. Where is the massive protest he said he would organise?

Can a timeline be told about how/what sabbats found out and what they found out including the communications office? And why it was chosen to be secretive until an focal was published?

Currently I feel that this was withheld because it 1. Made a headline and 2. So students couldn't react as it was late in the semester. Not once through this have I felt properly represented.

On a side note I asked some students and they didn't know about the charges. This needs to be changed

Edit: this can also be posted in the medical centre thread

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cadroc

<snip deleted post and references to it>

As an aside, this Anti Soc is an absolute disgrace. If portfolio's on people are being created, I would love to hear the legality of this. If the Anti Soc is truly serious about making a change, I would suggest strapping on a pair and becoming public rather than putting up useless propaganda around the college, and making personal attacks and cheap shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Im still waiting for my C.V.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

It looks to me as though the "anti-soc" is absolutely no better than that which it proclaims to be in existence against.

From the off, something that cannot provide a positive should not really be considered, as without an alternative to the current status quo, it is nothing more than a venting of frustration. Useful as that is on a personal level, that venting would be better aimed at being handled by a professional mental health professional. Leave it to the professionals and those that have a clue what they are doing, rather than holding non-advertised meetings and compiling dossiers on various people - that's looking at grounds for a possible restraining order or possibly even falling under a breach of the peace..

Grow a pair, stand up and *do* something useful instead of being so anti-!

Be useful instead of being amusing!

Be open!

(or you are being more hypocritical than the entities that are being railed against...)

Cadroc wrote: »
    <snip deleted post and references to it>

As an aside, this Anti Soc is an absolute disgrace. If portfolio's on people are being created, I would love to hear the legality of this. If the Anti Soc is truly serious about making a change, I would suggest strapping on a pair and becoming public rather than putting up useless propaganda around the college, and making personal attacks and cheap shots.

Here is the legality - it is fully legal. I think working as it is now it effective enough.
    Popoutman wrote: »
    It looks to me as though the "anti-soc" is absolutely no better than that which it proclaims to be in existence against.

well look harder so.
    From the off, something that cannot provide a positive should not really be considered, as without an alternative to the current status quo, it is nothing more than a venting of frustration.

nice sentence bro
    Useful as that is on a personal level, that venting would be better aimed at being handled by a professional mental health professional.

what do you know about mental health? nothing. so keep your scummy little comments to yourself.
    Leave it to the professionals and those that have a clue what they are doing, rather than holding non-advertised meetings and compiling dossiers on various people - that's looking at grounds for a possible restraining order or possibly even falling under a breach of the peace..

you're one to talk about about people not having a clue. it's not a grounds for a restraining order and it's not a breach of the peace. you have no idea what any of the term you are using mean so stop using them and defaming the antisoc.
    Grow a pair, stand up and *do* something useful instead of being so anti-!

say that to our faces
    Be useful instead of being amusing!

mind your own business
    Be open!

you be open
    (or you are being more hypocritical than the entities that are being railed against...)

no we're not.

What a poor and un-thought-out response.

Please try a bit harder to give a real response - or is it that you are not capable of it?

Come on! You've got to be able to put your money where your mouth is ;)

I put it to you that the "anti-soc" is useless, as it offers nothing positive, and no method of improving things. It appears to be only an anti-everything gathering (including open discusison it seems). It can't be called a Soc especially around UL as it isn't under the C&S guidelines, so please try to be a little more accurate with the naming conventions in use.

The "anti-soc" may earn a little bit more respect instead of being laughed at (note not laughed with) if it can do something positive instead of just being negative.

What's your response to that then? Going to attempt to take my comment apart line by line like our favourite UL meme used to do before giving up on here?

roro1neil0 wrote: »
    no we're not.

Prove you are not being hypocritical.

Oh wait you can't - going by all the public offerings to date...

(oh and you'd be surprised what I would know about things..)

Though please by all means keep up the amusing postering - it does give me something to pass my day in the college. Makes me laugh at the dumbness behind it all.

Though if I did accidentally come across the non-advertised meetings of the anti-soc I would most likely avoid, as my viewpoints would be unlikely to be valued given the views expressed here. Plus I'd rather not give any of the crazies that tend to congregate towards the anti- groups any ammuntion against myself.

Oh, and you may want to get a professional legal opinion on the conspiracy being committed that the compiling and dissemination of dossiers on private individuals would get classed as - I'm sure one or two of the crazies woulod be planning something dumb..

What a poor and un-thought-out response.

Please try a bit harder to give a real response - or is it that you are not capable of it?

Come on! You've got to be able to put your money where your mouth is ;)

I put it to you that the "anti-soc" is useless, as it offers nothing positive, and no method of improving things. It appears to be only an anti-everything gathering (including open discusison it seems). It can't be called a Soc especially around UL as it isn't under the C&S guidelines, so please try to be a little more accurate with the naming conventions in use.

The "anti-soc" may earn a little bit more respect instead of being laughed at (note not laughed with) if it can do something positive instead of just being negative.

What's your response to that then? Going to attempt to take my comment apart line by line like our favourite UL meme used to do before giving up on here?

Your post was based on ignorance and malice and as such, doesn't really warrant a significant portion of my time in replying. But this once I will make an exception. Your entire premise, by the way, is based on ignorance. Because you actually don't know what antisoc does and doesn't do. All you know is what I choose to leak onto this website, which is just the tip of the iceberg.

Based on my impressions of this university and the SU over the last 2 years nobody, absolutely nobody, has made any attempt to call the university or the SU on its bull****. Maybe i'm being harsh on the lads like reunion or ginge_young who ask their little questions in the council, but from our perspective, nothing has been done to drive transparency or accountability from a student perspective. Nothing.

The only POSITIVE changes to this has been implemented by people associated with antisoc. Since the efforts made my people associated with antisoc, mostly from September of last year, we have seen a concerted effort by MORE people to question the service they receive from their SU and their university.

It would be completely arrogant and presumptuous for antisoc to take the entire credit for this change in attitude and we are not overlooking TST etc. but we feel we have been instrumental in a change of attitude.

We honesty don't care who laughs at us, what is said behind our backs and what nasty, malicious little lies those we low moral character say about us. I certainly don't care.

People have been aware of and critical of the SU in the past but never really made an effort to get that opinion out there. And we think, antisoc have given some people a vehicle to do that and others the spur on they needed to make their voice heard.

Case in point, antisoc is in no way associated with or endorsed by David Hartery. But antisoc started the ball rolling on criticising every ****ty thing the SU has done especially with regard to the health centre and this has given (in our opinion) more impetus to people like David Hartery making his own criticisms in his own way.

You don't know what we do, you don't know what we are about, you don't know what you're talking about popoutman

• Advertisement

I believe Sid was banned.

As for Anti-soc, whatever their goal is, their method is highly flawed (and illegal). They are breaking the law by providing a persistent distress, fear or intimidation under the Criminal Justice Act of 2006.

Advertisement