Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bodyweight parks.

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

Beau wrote: »
    What about Phoenix Park? Surely that has something.
    nope!
    unless its changed recently.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

There are two playgrounds in the Phoenix Park but they don't look like you could do a huge amount of bodyweight stuff at them unless you're particularly creative with swings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There are two playgrounds in the Phoenix Park but they don't look like you could do a huge amount of bodyweight stuff at them unless you're particularly creative with swings.

Swing-BSS-and-Push-Up-Frame-58.jpg

Mellor wrote: »
    Swing-BSS-and-Push-Up-Frame-58.jpg

'Creative' ;)

But IIRC, the beam on the swings was a bit too thick - maybe 5" diameter - to realistically allow for much more than grip work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

THE ONE IN BROADSTONE IS ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Shame about Phoenix Park! Seems odd, you'd think there would be.

Gave Ballyfermot ago today, perfect set-up for what I need it's just not in the best location for me.

There are plans for an outdoor gym in Lansdowne Valley Park, Drimnagh. Expected to be installed within the next 6 months. I got onto a local councillor to try and push for a high bar and a station for dips, he said he'd do his best. If you live in the area, please do the same!

Corkagh Park, Clondalkin also has stations similar to the ones posted for Rathcoole by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Here's the dip bars up the road from me, 2 heights, kinda cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Here's the dip bars up the road from me, 2 heights, kinda cool.
    Yes.

I think the ideal format would be a pair of high-set bars with a simple attached 'ladder' either side to allow a wide range of users to do dips at 'full hang'. (Or a pair of long bars with a gentle slope to achieve a similar end.)

Choice of width (space between bars) is also good (converging bars)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Yes.

I think the ideal format would be a pair of high-set bars with a simple attached 'ladder' either side to allow a wide range of users to do dips at 'full hang'. (Or a pair of long bars with a gentle slope to achieve a similar end.)

Choice of width (space between bars) is also good (converging bars)
    I work alongside this kid -https://instagram.com/markodwyer23/

In CrossFit green and his insta feed is packed with body weight stuff to get working on

All self learned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Any new developments on this about Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 getfitnow

Hi although off topic i use my home pull up bar to do dips as well as many TRX exercises , hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

getfitnow wrote: »
    Hi although off topic i use my home pull up bar to do dips as well as many TRX exercises , hope this helps

Unless you live in a park in dublin thats not really going to help drdeadlift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Thud

on a related note, anyone watching the American Ninja Warrior show?
    Some interesting events on it:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AmericanNinjaWarrior

I'm heading out to malahide castle today.Will report back with what bodyweight equipment is up there.

I didn't get a chance to look about for any other equipment,however i came across these just as i got into the park.The bars are a bit fatter than what im use to using at home.Got ten sets of pull ups in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

If you're going out that way you should go to Fr Collins Park in Clongriffen. Has much more to offer and all within a shorter distance of each other. It's actually a really good circuit you get in.

Pull up bars -> run -> Press up station -> run -> parallel dip bars -> run -> horizontal row bar -> run etc

i usually stop off somewhere for some squats & pistol squats using one of the stations for support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

drdeadlift wrote: »
    I didn't get a chance to look about for any other equipment,however i came across these just as i got into the park.The bars are a bit fatter than what im use to using at home.Got ten sets of pull ups in.

Along the same path as the pull up bar they have a other equipment for bodyweight exercises including dip bar. All within a 50m of each other. I might check out the Fr Collins Park myself as that is closer for me.

These are a few shots from a bodyweight park in Norway.Dublin should have so many more of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

What are peoples opinion of going to the local playground for pull ups?

I live beside Palmerston Park and it has a very good childrens playground that I bring my niece to. The thing is, it has a load of bars that are ideal for pull ups that I really want to use on a daily basis but Id feel pretty out of place if i went in to use it by myself for a few sets if there are families there.

Thoughts?

I am thinking that it would be fine in the morning as i cycle to work - the place would be empty

• Advertisement

granty1987 wrote: »
    What are peoples opinion of going to the local playground for pull ups?

I live beside Palmerston Park and it has a very good childrens playground that I bring my niece to. The thing is, it has a load of bars that are ideal for pull ups that I really want to use on a daily basis but Id feel pretty out of place if i went in to use it by myself for a few sets if there are families there.

Thoughts?

I am thinking that it would be fine in the morning as i cycle to work - the place would be empty

Should be fine unless you're flying down the slides.

You could also do them when you're there with your niece and make sure she counts out loud so it looks like you're teaching her some basic numeracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

Should be fine unless you're flying down the slides.

You could also do them when you're there with your niece and make sure she counts out loud so it looks like you're teaching her some basic numeracy.

Well she had me flying down the slides when I was there at the weekend as well. She's pretty bossy for a 4 year old!

Advertisement