Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Guetta, Example, Benny Bennasi and more Marley Park

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Very reasonable price for all them acts , but still wont go because i hate David Guetta

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Really dislike Guetta and seen Example already but i'll be there for Tommy Trash! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Definitely heading to this! Suspect it'll sell out on the first day?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Riac

I was thinking about going to this for Example unsure yet though never been to Marley park or that area of Dublin in general, Whats this place like? is there Car parks near by etc? Since I'd be driving from the midlands..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Riac wrote: »
    I was thinking about going to this for Example unsure yet though never been to Marley park or that area of Dublin in general, Whats this place like? is there Car parks near by etc? Since I'd be driving from the midlands..

I like it as a venue especially if it's a nice August day. The park is located beside the M50 between J12 and J13. There's free parking on site and Dublin Bus run a shuttle service from the city centre. You could also walk from LUAS Green line and other buses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I'd love to see Example and I wouldn't mind seeing David Guetta and Benni Benassi too. It's a bit close to Picnic, but it's fairly cheap. I think I may go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lollyk23

Will the David Guetta gig be under a canvas in Marley Park? Or open air?
    Does anybody know if there will be seating at this concert?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

lollyk23 wrote: »
    Will the David Guetta gig be under a canvas in Marley Park? Or open air?
    Does anybody know if there will be seating at this concert?

All open air and no seating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bebo Babe

:O can't wait to go that gig will be amazing and the tickets are cheap winning!!!!!!!!!! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Got my tickets this morning, excited! Anyone know if Marley Park has a curfew and if so what time? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

I heard that this is sold out.

Anyone know if it's true?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jesg

hi ye there sold out rang all ticketmaster's today:(

i think it finishes around half 11 cos its in a residential area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Would love to go see Example and Rizzle Kicks but I couldn't be arsed with the chance of getting stabbed and the skangerfest it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

SantryRed wrote: »
    Would love to go see Example and Rizzle Kicks but I couldn't be arsed with the chance of getting stabbed and the skangerfest it would be.
    Yeah I get the feeling it'll be SHM pt2 alright, although hopefully the security will be much improved.

I'll still go anyways!

ahh wouldnt go dat far der is a difference between 45,000 and 22,000 people :D and garda are flat out with the marley concerts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Yeah I'd say MCD will learn from SHM and the searches will be more rigorous and a lot more security! Smaller crowd too might make all the difference.

Wicked excited now. :D

Also, Nicki Minaj rescheduled her Olympia date from July until August 22, 2 days before this.. coincidence? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 darrenod

is any one selling tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1 megcarrie

any tickets for sale??

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bringbackrafa

anyone know if more tickets are getting released or does anyone know any1 selling tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 weevixx

Can't wait for this, but hoping the security will be better than SHM. I'm sure it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 xyzmech

Got a ticket for this as a present. Haven't decided if I'm going to go myself or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

one ticket available if anyone is interested!!

Stage times released.. just two weeks tomorrow. :D

4:00pm -| Gates Open
    4:20pm -| Tommy Trash
    5:05pm -| Wolfgang Gartner
    5:55pm -| Rizzle Kicks
    6:50pm -| Benny Benassi
    7:50pm -| Example
    9:00pm -| David Guetta

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭johnnyvegas22

how much for a ticket?

how much for a ticket?

It's sold out but they were €50

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Has everyone who bought tickets on-line (ticketmaster) received them yet? Still no sign of mine. Do we know when they were/will be sent?

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Has everyone who bought tickets on-line (ticketmaster) received them yet? Still no sign of mine. Do we know when they were/will be sent?

Got mine about a month and a half ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

From The Irish Times today

Dance music fans attending the sold-out David Guetta concert at Marlay Park next week face heightened security restrictions as gardaí seek to avoid a repeat of the public disorder that marred a similar concert last month.

Fans could face searches on the way to the ground along with searches at the entrance, while sniffer dogs will be in operation to combat the selling of drugs within the park.

Plain clothes gardaí will be on duty inside and outside Marlay Park to single out troublemakers, and CCTV will also be in operation around the concert venue.

Guetta’s concert on Friday next week is one of three Marlay Park will host, with the others being Kasabian and Noel Gallagher on Thursday, August 23rd, and Van Morrison/Tom Jones on Saturday, August 25th.

To date Guetta’s concert is the only one that is sold out. The capacity for each concert is 22,000.

Superintendent Peter Duff from Tallaght Garda station said fans who are drunk or look to have taken drugs will not be allowed into the concerts. People turning up at the grounds carrying alcohol will not be allowed in unless they surrender that alcohol. Supt Duff said gardaí will confiscate any alcohol which fans are consuming on the streets.

The David Guetta concert is the one that has been targeted by gardaí as a potential source of trouble as it is has a similar age profile to the Swedish House Mafia concert at the Phoenix Park last month. The other two concerts are expected to attract an older audience.

Advertisement