Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Guetta, Example, Benny Bennasi and more Marley Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Just got this e-mail:

Please read this email carefully as it contains important information about your booking for David Guetta on 24th August in Marlay Park
    David Guetta is strictly over 17's i.d required

Patrons /Parents please be advised if you have purchased a ticket for an under 17 year old irrespective of whether they are accompanied by Parent will be refused admission.

Patrons with tickets for under 16's can get a refund from Point of Purchase between now and Monday 20th Aug.

Customers who purchased online or by phone, please call 0818 903 001, (option 5) please have your order number and card payment details ready for verification,

Please note the deadline for obtaining a refund is Monday 20th August 2012.

Ticketmaster

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

To big too post , so here is the MCD safety notice

http://www.mcd.ie/safety_notices/marlaypark_safetynotice.jpg

Please note as per your ticket STRICTLY over 17s only will be admitted for DAVID GUETTA. If you have bought a ticket for David Guetta and are under 17 or if you have bought a ticket for someone under 17 you can get a refund from point of purchase until Monday august 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

They should have a few Judge Dredds at the gate.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

years since i've been to a gig in marlay park - does anyone know if the ground is covered or should i wear my wellies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

They could have produced a shorter but equally effective notice, reading "Gardai, do you feckin job".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

years since i've been to a gig in marlay park - does anyone know if the ground is covered or should i wear my wellies?

I would wear wellies regardless. Ground is probably very soft and with a few thousand people trampling over it, it wouldn't be long before it turns into a mudbath.

539163_4335152373953_881902205_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

That pic just say's it all about him what a tosser.
    I wouldn't go down to my local to see him...God i hate him so much

That pic just say's it all about him what a tosser.
    I wouldn't go down to my local to see him...God i hate him so much

Get off this thread so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

The DO NOT section contradicts itself. It is either saying you should bring furniture or if the DO NOT is meant to be inherited it is saying DO NOT DO NOT Park illegally... which would be Park illegally etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

So under 17s defo not getting in??
    That should reduce the attendance by at least 15,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

They're completely wreckin' the buzz !

For 99.9% of us at SHM, it was great craic. The relaxed atmosphere, drinking outdoors in the sun in the phoenix park, etc. This marlay park gig sounds absolutely crap now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

You cannot enjoy yourself without getting pissed?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

xxyyxx wrote: »
    You cannot enjoy yourself without getting pissed?

When did he mention getting pissed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

What alcohol vendors will there be?

I was surprised to see Bulmers being sold at Deadmau5

raven136 wrote: »
    What alcohol vendors will there be?

I was surprised to see Bulmers being sold at Deadmau5

RDS usually has Bulmers , Im gonna guess Heineken

Anyone know if there's gonna be a pit? and will it be easy to get a taxi outside Marlay after it ends? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Avox wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's gonna be a pit? and will it be easy to get a taxi outside Marlay after it ends? :confused:

Queues will be massive.

• Advertisement

Queues will be massive.

Ah well I'll just have to wait! No other way really of getting back to Bewley's in Leopardstown..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Is the designated concert bus service back into the city afterwards good? Or does it usually take ages?

Ah well I'll just have to wait! No other way really of getting back to Bewley's in Leopardstown..

am staying in the beacon in sandyford - thinking the same - might go for a walk and find a pub to chill for an hour and then look for a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Unless you wanted to take the Bewleys Leopardstown Marlay concert bus? But you'd probably be quicker to walk it - less than an hour.

Unless you wanted to take the Bewleys Leopardstown Marlay concert bus?

Unless you wanted to read the whole page:
    Take the hassle out of getting there? Bewley's Hotel Leopardstown is running a Marley/Marlay concert bus on the 23rd and 25th of August (no bus running on the 24th)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Unless you wanted to read the whole page:

Hate tha'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Will this be a knacker fest?

The Nal wrote: »
    Will this be a knacker fest?

Probably be a fair share of them alright.
    The forecast is pretty bad and I'd imagine security will be extremely tight.
    All the searches may not be conducive to there being a good buzz for dance music :cool:

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Probably be a fair share of them alright.
    The forecast is pretty bad and I'd imagine security will be extremely tight.
    All the searches may not be conducive to there being a good buzz for dance music :cool:

have to admit im having second thoughts and being a bit older than the usual demographic for these gigs im a bit nervous. forecast is shocking as well. any confirmation on whether the ground is covered or not? would like to know if i need wellies or not.

• Advertisement

have to admit im having second thoughts and being a bit older than the usual demographic for these gigs im a bit nervous. forecast is shocking as well. any confirmation on whether the ground is covered or not? would like to know if i need wellies or not.

Similar boat to yourself and not pushed about it but I'm in Dublin anyway with work tomorrow and half day Friday and a few of my former work mates are going so I'm heading along with them.

I was there a few years ago but the weather was decent. I think there may have been some form of matting down towards the front but in the main it wasn't covered.

Advertisement