Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Guetta, Example, Benny Bennasi and more Marley Park

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

yeah its about 10 years since i was at a gig in marlay park and it was a lovely day! me and my best friend are going - shes down from the north and i live in the midlands. staying in the beacon and just planning on having a good day out with a few drinks and then head into the city next day for the tall ships.

i love love example and david guetta but first sign of trouble, we've agreed we're outta there!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭goreyguy

Going on friday aswell and frankly all the extra security is a bit of a headache, weather doesnt sound like it will be great either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Anyone taking the Marathon Travel return shuttle bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

audman wrote: »

Anyone taking a hammer with them?

The Nal wrote: »

Anyone taking a hammer with them?
    ?

• Advertisement

?

The real pros at Swedish House Mafia had hammers with them.

If you're not armed, you're not responsible.

?

The real pros at Swedish House Mafia had hammers with them.

If you're not armed, you're not responsible.
    Oh I was there and I'm alive to tell the tale :) Thankfully I wasn't aware of any trouble until the day after when I got home. Hard to call this one, more of the same or a serious clamp down by security?

Oh I was there and I'm alive to tell the tale :) Thankfully I wasn't aware of any trouble until the day after when I got home. Hard to call this one, more of the same or a serious clamp down by security?

SERIOUS clamp down, for all the Marley gigs. I live nearby and was driving past at 8am this morning and the filth were out patrolling.

Spotlight very much on MCD for the next few days so they're in full Gestapo mode.

A lot like the mods on Boards.ie.

Sieg Heil!

SERIOUS clamp down, for all the Marley gigs. I live nearby and was driving past at 8am this morning and the filth were out patrolling.

Spotlight very much on MCD for the next few days so they're in full Gestapo mode.

A lot like the mods on Boards.ie.

Sieg Heil!
    What if Thor was to arrive with a hammer? :P I plan on getting the 14:00 shuttle bus out to Marlay Park, drink somewhere outside the concert site and then around 15:45 for Tommy Trash to enjoy a good day out :) Fingers crossed all will go according to plan!

What if Thor was to arrive with a hammer? :P I plan on getting the 14:00 shuttle bus out to Marlay Park, drink somewhere outside the concert site and then around 15:45 for Tommy Trash to enjoy a good day out :) Fingers crossed all will go according to plan!

The Eden pub across the road has a beer garden etc

• Advertisement

The Eden pub across the road has a beer garden etc
    Oh really? Thanks! Not too sure on the layout or location of the park as I am from Galway. Different to Phoenix so? Is the College Car Park easy to find? That's where the return shuttle bus will be leaving from to go back to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Is there only one entrance to the park or..? We'll be getting a taxi from our hotel around 2.30 so hopefully be able to get into the pit (hopefully...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

Have stage times been released yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DiarmuidBoy89

Does anybody know will an expired passport do as id?
    Also any news on will the ground be covered?

Oh really? Thanks! Not too sure on the layout or location of the park as I am from Galway. Different to Phoenix so? Is the College Car Park easy to find? That's where the return shuttle bus will be leaving from to go back to the city.

The shuttle buses leave from the far side of the park from the Eden pub, (the mountain side) theres also a pub over that direction.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The shuttle buses leave from the far side of the park from the Eden pub, (the mountain side) theres also a pub over that direction.

If you are getting the shuttle bus make sure you have prebooked them , we went to get one and were told all tickets were sold out so we ended up getting the 16 bus to Marlay which took us over an hour due to traffic. Although getting the 16 bus on the way home was easy but you need to make sure you get out asap to beat the ques . Take the left exit (facing the stage ) and follow the dublin bus route and they had loads of buses ready to go

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bringbackrafa

Getting worried over the rumours about security using metal detectors at the search point. Had planned on sneaking in some vodka since I don't get paid until Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

Getting worried over the rumours about security using metal detectors at the search point. Had planned on sneaking in some vodka since I don't get paid until Monday
    Have it in ur jocks u shud be ok, you do get a serious search by a security then you get a metal detector fella aswell

Everyone will get searched by the metal dectectors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Joekers wrote: »
    Have it in ur jocks u shud be ok, you do get a serious search by a security then you get a metal detector fella aswell
    This.

Transfer it into a Capri-Sun pouch and stuff it down your jocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Bringbackrafa

thanks for the tips. was it mucky

MCD
    If you are using Public Transport for the Marlay Park concerts please remember that travel delays are inevitable.

We strongly recommend you plan your journey in advance allowing at least an extra 3 hours travel time to and from the venue.

If you have not pre booked a Concert Shuttle ticket please allow an extra 3 hours travel time to the venue.

Dublin Bus route 14 departs from D'Olier Street in the City Centre to Ballinteer Shopping Centre, approx. 15 mins walk to the venue.
    Dublin Bus route 16 departs from D'Olier Street in the City Centre to Grange Road immediately outside the venue.

If you are using Dublin Bus please allow and extra 3 hours travel time to the venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Dead Man Walking

just took a trip up to the shops, lots of cops, peoples bags being searched around the back of lidl and down stonemasons way. fairly big queue to get in the gate. didn't see too many paralytics. seemed like a cheery enough vibe what with the rain.

MUDBATH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Dead Man Walking

over 9000 stabbings so far :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Very impressed with the security up at marley. A very strong security operation.
    Guards checking Ids and under 17s not allowed near the place.
    Anyone with a drink getting stopped.
    Saw a couple of lads getting put in the back of a garda van.
    Anyone spotted going in to a bush for a lash is getting pulled out.
    The crowd seem ok imo but there seem to be a lot more girls than fellas. All in hot pants....there must have been a run on fake tan in thelast few days.

But one thing I am wondering about. If all this extra security is the new world order than the cost to host these gigs must be skyrocketing. So can we expect even more expensive gigs next summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Mr.S wrote: »
    Well for gigs that attract the type of clientelle ala SHM its worth the extra cost IMO.

Be interesting to see if Electric Picnic have stricter security.

I hate remarks like this to be perfectly honest. tar everyone with the same brush...swedish house mafia didnt stab anyone, scumbags stabbed people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Very impressed with the security up at marley. A very strong security operation.
    Guards checking Ids and under 17s not allowed near the place.
    Completely different experience to the one I had.
    No checking of ID whatsoever.
    Crowd age seemed to average about 16. I saw lads there who were in 4th year in my old school. I could swear I saw people who looked about 13 there.
    Anyone with a drink getting stopped.
    Yes, but also my water bottle and an unopened can of redbull getting fúcked in the bin which was completely unwarranted.
    People also seemed to be getting in with pills far too easy but I suppose that one is difficult to counter.
    The crowd seem ok imo but there seem to be a lot more girls than fellas. All in hot pants....there must have been a run on fake tan in thelast few days.
    I noticed this too. High proportion of girls to guys. Most dressed oddly considering the weather. Fake tan and make up on overload seemingly.

All in all a good gig. Good music and performances.
    Food a little on the pricey side but that's to be expected.
    Main concern was the age profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

They were probably strict on age at the beginning, starting with good intentions, and then realised it would be empty if they didn't let under agers in. Giving out about 16 year olds at a commercial dance event is like giving out about 5 year olds at a barney concert.

It seems like there wasn't a lot of trouble though which is the main thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Heading to tom Jones later. Was the ground a mud bath last night or is there a surface covering?

Advertisement