Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Guetta, Example, Benny Bennasi and more Marley Park

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Mr.S wrote: »
    Well for gigs that attract the type of clientelle ala SHM its worth the extra cost IMO.

Be interesting to see if Electric Picnic have stricter security.

not the same clientele at EP as found at SHM gig. I always found security to be fine @ EP but then again, it's the responsibility of the pundits to cop on and report incidents to security etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

i was sitting outside centra accross the road between 9 and 10, waiting for someone, and saw 6 arrests and 1 ambulance speeding off.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

The ground isn't covered in Marlay. It was fairly mucky at the end of the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Wonder what the security will be like today.

I wasn't at the gig but I'd gladly put up with longer searches and stuff if it keeps the scum out.

Was there many arrests for drugs? If there were sniffer dogs at the gates, I'd say they would have had a field day with arrests, unless they were confiscating smaller amounts, and arresting people who were trying to deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

livEwirE wrote: »
    Heading to tom Jones later. Was the ground a mud bath last night or is there a surface covering?

Absolute filth towards the end :p

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Was there many arrests for drugs? If there were sniffer dogs at the gates, I'd say they would have had a field day with arrests, unless they were confiscating smaller amounts, and arresting people who were trying to deal.

We didn't encounter any sniffer dogs anyway! It was basically queue outside and get your id checked (mainly for pit passes, probably stopped after that!), then head in and get given plastic bags to put your pockets contents in. Head up and get your ticket scanned. Then on to the real searches, just a pat down (a fairly thorough one though) and then a metal scanner on both sides of your body!

Was an unreal gig though, Example absolutely wrecked the place, definitely stole the show for me! David Guetta's stage show was immense though. Have to say, of any trouble I noticed, it was mainly girls starting it. We were 2 rows from the front, and a lot of them kept coming up digging people in the stomach etc to get past. Me and my friends made a barrier and just kept shoving them back along.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Wolvis

Rizzle kicks were poor IMO, lighting a cigarette mid song on stage?
    then muttering this is shiit implying the crowd wasn't into them (understandably so.)

Example was phenomonal and David Guetta's stage set blew me away.
    Amazing night for me, noticed security roaming around alot inside which was very much needed, was laughing at the people getting their drink taken off them when they got off the buses by the Garda and dragging people out of bushes trying to drink, was well behaved and well organised good job MCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Wolvis wrote: »
    Rizzle kicks were poor IMO, lighting a cigarette mid song on stage?
    then muttering this is shiit implying the crowd wasn't into them (understandably so.)

Didn't notice them saying that.
    I'm big into Rizzle kicks but I don't think the genre fit the event so the atmosphere was poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Avox wrote: »
    We didn't encounter any sniffer dogs anyway! It was basically queue outside and get your id checked (mainly for pit passes, probably stopped after that!), then head in and get given plastic bags to put your pockets contents in. Head up and get your ticket scanned. Then on to the real searches, just a pat down (a fairly thorough one though) and then a metal scanner on both sides of your body!

Do we actually have a large sniffer dog squad? I would imagine there is one permanently at the main airports and ports (saw them when I came back from Amsterdam), but how many does the country actually have? Not alot I imagine- I wonder did anyone chance their arm on a flight from Amsterdam thinking the dogs would all be at Marley :) I have neer seen them on the streets or at gigs back home (in Australia the things are everywhere! They regularly patrol the main drinking districts, even let the dogs loose inside pubs and clubs the odd time)

• Advertisement
Advertisement