Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most embarrassing moments?

• 29-03-2012 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Just thought I would share mine with you all and you could share yours to make me feel a bit better:D

Here goes..I was out cycling one day when I had got frustrated in the the cycle lane I decided to take a short cut through a park. I was cycling close to a lake when a toddler came running towards me with bread to feed a duck. I swerved my bike and off I went into the lake. Me and the bike!:mad: I just wanted the lake to swallow me up :o Off out i got completely soaked with onlookers sitting on benches opposite the lake. Thankfully the weather wasn't great that day and there wasn't too many people at the park. Note to self NEVER cycle near a lake again! Lol.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I passed out drunk in the middle of a poshy only to be found by my friends who then informed everyone I knew and several hundred people I didn't via a loudspeaker at UL rag week a few years back.

It was the first and last time I had a poshy.

Note to you: You should've just ran into the little bastard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

How about "never cycle in a public park" buddy? Stick to the roads bikie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Note to you: You should've just ran into the little bastard!

This +1.
    its very important to run into children at every opportunity ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Was working on some plant out on site for a customer when I accidentally caught both my thumbs under a bracket.

Had to wait twenty minutes for the customer to come by so he could free me. Mortified !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

At a buddies 21st years ago. It was a crazy session. Bunch of us fell asleep on the living room floor.

Grand so far.

I get woken up a few hours later in the bathroom, sleeping on a towel, having made a towel pillow for myself and another towel over me as a blanket, by the buddies mother. I was also wearing a golf jumper for warmth.

So, we were all out again that night, and lots of people who had been at the party were sniggering in my direction. I thought it was because of the towel bed and Mrs Dunphy waking me up etc.

Nope.

After leaving the living room, I could not find the toilet, so had to be forcibly stopped from going in the kitchen. Pants open and everything.

12 years on, I still get reminded of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭SteppingStone

Lmao :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Bambi wrote: »
    How about "never cycle in a public park" buddy? Stick to the roads bikie

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

When I was 18, I spent the summer in Germany. Got to canoodling with a local girl, first time I called over to her house, she immediately disappeared with her step-mom, and I was left in the living room with her dad. He was sitting down, shirt off, built like a brick sh!t house, massive 'tache, bodybuilding trophies all round the place.

Filthy pron like I'd never conceived of on the telly.

"So, you wanna do this ... to my daughter?"

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭SteppingStone

Oh my god lol..:-D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

This +1.

Running into them with a tank or articulated truck would be better though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I've made some drunk phone calls which were toe-curlingly embarrassing in sober retrospect.

I now lock my phone in a safe when I'm drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

This +1.

When my dad used to pick me up in secondary school as we were driving out the school gate we'd assign points to different kids based on how hard they'd be to run down.

You get less points for a small person or chubby person, more points for a sports player, etc.

Good times.
    I've made some drunk phone calls which were toe-curlingly embarrassing in sober retrospect.
    Ugh, that reminds me of the time I drunkenly rang up some girl I had pulled the night before pretending to be a foreign exchange student taking the piss. I forgot to hide my caller ID and forgot to put on a fake accent.

Alcohol, phones, and a shite sense of humour do not mix.

Most embarrassing moment was going for a swim in the local pool, place was packed, was wearing silky swim shorts, got out and the shorts shrivel up, as does the ol package.
    Needless to say all the women looking with smiles, i felt like covering my hands over my package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Seachmall wrote: »
    I passed out drunk in the middle of a poshy only to be found by my friends who then informed everyone I knew and several hundred people I didn't via a loudspeaker at UL rag week a few years back.

It was the first and last time I had a poshy.

A wha?

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Funkfield wrote: »
    A wha?

Havin' a peddle with your hat on. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Along time ago on the bus to school arrived at abbey street hop off the bus and feel a cool breeze down there..........discover my fly was open and dic hanging out.....:o:o:o:o

Not sure if anybody saw it but as a 14 year old i was fcukin mortified.

Edit: Now i just do it for cheap thrills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Havin' a peddle with your hat on. ;)

Aha! Gotcha! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

one time in band camp. being very Intoxicated this classy girl and I decided to have sexy time in the middle of the dance floor. As I wasn’t performing to my upmost ability we decided to take it outside to the( shagging wagon )her friend’s car. Only then did i relisedthe air could be felt refreshing my bits and bobs, any way did the business. Feeling like the stud I was at the time I paid no attention to the fact that I walked well stagerd from the dance floor trough the bar past all the people who would know me with the freshness of my balls and all on show. no one said if they saw anything, but me thinks they did

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Funkfield wrote: »
    A wha?

Took me a moment. I believe the rapscallion was alluding to this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

When I went to visit my OHs parents for the first time I brought a box of chocolates for the mother and a bottle of whiskey for the ould fella.

They're German I should add - They were delighted with the gifts and very welcoming.. The mother then added "Once you keep my daughter happy, there's no need for these gifts.. Though we're very happy, thanks a lot!"..

Captain brains here decided to say "Well if I can't then I'll keep the chocolates coming!" She wasn't too impressed.

Her dad turned around after an awkward silence and said "I'll take that offer :pac:"... Legend!

Moral of the story: Don't joke with the German to-be-inlaws you're not yet friendly with :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Sykk wrote: »
    Moral of the story: Don't joke with the German to-be-inlaws you're not yet friendly with :D

They were not yet German?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

When I went to visit my OHs parents for the first time I brought a box of chocolates for the mother and a bottle of whiskey for the ould fella.

They're German I should add - They were delighted with the gifts and very welcoming.. The mother then added "Once you keep my daughter happy, there's no need for these gifts.. Though we're very happy, thanks a lot!"..

Captain brains here decided to say "Well if I can't then I'll keep the chocolates coming!" She wasn't too impressed.

Her dad turned around after an awkward silence and said "I'll take that offer :pac:"... Legend!

were you expecting a sense of humour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

danniemcq wrote: »
    were you expecting a sense of humour?

Better than yours by the look of things.

Fizman wrote: »
    They were not yet German?

Punctuation not your specialty then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Better than yours by the look of things.

yeah ok i'll give you that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

Been in a few embarassing moments.

Was once carrying two Cases of Corona by the box handles through a shopping centre and right outside a busy restaraunt the arse fell out of the boxes. Beer and glass went everywhere and the noise was deafening!!! Worst thing was everyone stood up and clapped!!! I was mortified! :o:o

The off licence staff came out and handed me two new boxes but so was kind of an upside!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

I always get a good laugh outta other people's embarrassing stories & telling my own.. So thought this thread might be good for a giggle :) I'll start off...

New years eve 2011, was walking home from the night club, quite intoxicated, and really needed to pee. Decided there was no way I'd make it home without having an accident, so myself and my bf cut through an alleyway and I went to go behind an oil tank. Gave himself strict instructions to keep lookout. So I organised myself, pulled down the tights & undies, when the bf turned and looked at me, I screamed "STOP LOOKING AT ME", losing my balance and falling into a loada mud, thorns and rubbish :(

My bf came over to pick me up as I had started crying, but I had also started peeing and couldn't stop. When I eventually got up and arranged myself, I walked about 5 steps, only to realize there was thorns in my undies :(

I cried the whole way home, telling my bf "this is not funny!!! It is not a story to be told in the morning!"

I still have the scars on my back & arse from the thorns on the wall and ground :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    I always get a good laugh outta other people's embarrassing stories & telling my own.. So thought this thread might be good for a giggle :) I'll start off...

New years eve 2011, was walking home from the night club, quite intoxicated, and really needed to pee. Decided there was no way I'd make it home without having an accident, so myself and my bf cut through an alleyway and I went to go behind an oil tank. Gave himself strict instructions to keep lookout. So I organised myself, pulled down the tights & undies, when the bf turned and looked at me, I screamed "STOP LOOKING AT ME", losing my balance and falling into a loada mud, thorns and rubbish :(

My bf came over to pick me up as I had started crying, but I had also started peeing and couldn't stop. When I eventually got up and arranged myself, I walked about 5 steps, only to realize there was thorns in my undies :(

I cried the whole way home, telling my bf "this is not funny!!! It is not a story to be told in the morning!"

I still have the scars on my back arse from the thorns on the wall and ground :o

If you take the & sign out looks a lot worse,

Was retelling workmates story of how when I was 14/ 15 caught my man hood on zipper and couldn't yank it down, had to get my dad to do it...something like mary without the bleeder part ha

Haven't thought about it in years till this week....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Jervis St centre, upstairs I was walking along towards the escalators reading a text that just came through on my phone and didn't notice that it was switched off and near broke my bloody neck as I stumbled to my knees, dropping my phone as I grappled for my life in front of a gallery of onlookers at the Ticketmaster outlet above.

I'm not used to the big smoke, I'm from Galway :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Houseshare with a few people when I was working in the local town, a girl I worked with had one of the rooms. We worked shift in a local factory,
    We were just housemates, nothing more, I was good friends with her boyfriend.

Was just hanging around the house on my own not doing much at all on a wet dreary Saturday. Playing computer games probably.

I looked outside at the washing line and her bra and other clothes had fallen on the wet grass.
    Oh I thought, I'll go outside and pick it up, sure I'd do that for any housemate :)

But then I thought, yeah she'll probably come back and see me outside holding her bra and think I'm weird or messing with them. :rolleyes:
    So I left it

A bit later, making a cup of tea and still see the clothes on the wet grass and it was bothering me but no, I left it

And then later still they were still on the wet grass so feck it, I'm picking that stuff up so I go outside

At that very instant she arrived back and came to see me holding her bra, underwear and other clothes

Ten seconds later I would have been inside again but no, she saw me outside holding her stuff.

Well I got a look that would kill and she bad mouthed me to the other housemates and the people we worked with, we worked in the same place

So soon Mike has a reputation that he messes with girls underwear

I should have been mad but I just took it and kept my head down when I did nothing wrong at all
    Bad times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I shat myself in front of all my teenage crushes and world leaders.

(Thanks button-bottom right hand corner)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

I was walking through a busy shop one day, not looking where I was going I walked straight into a display mannequin and thinking that it was a person I said really loudly "Oh my god, I'm so sorry"! When everyone around me started laughing, I realised what I'd done and quickly left with a big red face. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Once got jocked in front of a girls fooball final when i was 12, every girl on my homeside was on my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Was in a lecture hall at the top, sitting on the outside, and my bag was on the step, the bag falls over, onto next step, I thought grand, bit annoying, better get that. Before I got the chance, it fell down the next step, and then the next and the next, tumbling down the steps, until it stopped just short at the very end right beside the lecture. By this stage of course, everyone had noticed. After looking on in horror at what happened, I had to do a walk of shame to the very bottom, everyone looking at me, and to top it all the lecturer remarked " Well at least it wasn't a person" :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Was in a lecture hall at the top, sitting on the outside, and my bag was on the step, the bag falls over, onto next step, I thought grand, bit annoying, better get that. Before I got the chance, it fell down the next step, and then the next and the next, tumbling down the steps, until it stopped just short at the very end right beside the lecture. By this stage of course, everyone had noticed. After looking on in horror at what happened, I had to do a walk of shame to the very bottom, everyone looking at me, and to top it all the lecturer remarked " Well at least it wasn't a person" :(

The lecturers joke was embarressing, he took all the heat off you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

>> Lost my temper/ Got caught up in moment/Searching for fleeting moment of humour.
    >> Say something stupid.
    >> Ruin everything.

Lather rinse and ****ing repeat. It always happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭W0bble5

Not me but funny nontheless....

Office Xmas party, staying in a hotel for the night. We're pretty much wrote-off in the residents bar and one of the lads who went to bed early went sleep walking through in just his boxers after pissing himself. I was nominated to 'put the eejit to bed' (CEO's words) so woke him up without touching and diverted him towards the reception desk only for him to wake up, look down in horror and go 'ah f**k not again' in front of most of the company.

To this day 5 years later he still won't drink on a company night out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Never swerve your car of bike to avoid a child.

or is that dogs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

going back about 12 years here
    first big night out with my new gf with my family
    came home and puked......went to bed with gf.........woke up......had a big schit in the middle of the carpet in my room...........went back asleep...........woke up to this steaming pile........discretely cleaned up the mess.........

about 2 years ago i turn to my wife......yes,the same girl from all those years ago.......i tell her there's something i need to tell her that happened years ago....her reply.'IS THIS ABOUT THE SCHIT?'.....priceless....she woke up ,saw it and pretended to be asleep.
    One thing i can say is she must defo love me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Another one was my first day of secondary school. Was walking down the bridge on my bike, chain had fallen off, when all of a sudden I noticed something was caught in the chain. My yellow coat had completely entangled itself into the chain and I couldn't get it off me, I was stuck. Two people walking by, a daughter and her mother, around the same age as me, noticed this and had to help me get the coat out of the chain.. after 5 minuets we freed it. I was absolutely mortified. That was also the start of me being late nearly every day, for the next six years... good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

There's a metro station in Brussels called Kunst-Wet which me and my (equally juvenile/dirty-minded) friends found hilarious last summer... So I took a picture of one of the others standing under the sign there.

Fast-forward a couple months, and I'm at a family birthday dinner in a fancy-ish restaurant. My cousin is looking through my photos and starts laughing at this particular one. Then our 10-year-old cousin wanders over, standing directly behind the aunt whose 70th birthday it is, and reads out in the most impossibly loud voice "KUNST WET?!". Cue dead silence, followed by "What the hell are you showing her pictures of?!" :o

Advertisement