Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exclusive distributiuon on iphone/Android Apps

• 29-03-2012 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hey there

I'm proposing to a client that we develop an app (iOS, Android, BBery etc) for their customers. If I put the app on app store and android market I guess it'll be available to all.

Anyone know if it's possible to limit distribution of an app to selected users only

Thanks all - Scott

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

you probably couldnt limit the distribution of the app file itself,
    but im sure its easy enough to make in such a way, the user would need to be pre-registered on some database somewhere and network login before they can use the application...

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭scottyboy1973

Stuxnet wrote: »
    but im sure its easy enough to make in such a way, the user would need to be pre-registered on some database somewhere and network login before they can use the application...

good thinking - make the app widely available but limit access with onetime user names and p/w

now why didnt I think of that?!

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Stuxnet wrote: »

Think there's a lot of the medical apps that are like this for doctors etc.
    So only doctors are able to access the database etc and not joe public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

You could put it on both app stores at a ridiculous price so that people won't buy it and give your clients codes to redeem it for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I'm struggling to think of a type of company that needs an app that wants to lock potential customers out in favour of existing ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Look in to the Corporate Developer program with Apple.

From what I recall, it will allow you to distribute only to people you want, as opposed to putting it in iTunes for all to see.

Not sure what the deal is with Android. As for BB, who develops for BB any more? :D

Advertisement