Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Idea but dont know where to start

Options
  • 29-03-2012 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a few good ideas for a business but dont have a clue where to start. I have registered the name with CRO and the domain but where to go from here is whats stumping me.

Guess can people share their experiences when they started their busineeses and what they did to make it succeed:)

Thanks
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

JonBon27 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a few good ideas for a business but dont have a clue where to start. I have registered the name with CRO and the domain but where to go from here is whats stumping me.

Guess can people share their experiences when they started their busineeses and what they did to make it succeed:)

Thanks
    John

Without telling us the idea it may help if you told us whether it was for a new product or a service or an expansion of an existing product or service?

Is it innovative? Has it potential for exports or for significant job creation? is it something that could be easily copied (product or service)

Answering some of these questions will help others to give some suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

JonBon27 - don't give out the idea here. Be vague.

But you do need to narrow it down a bit.

Is it a "physical" business or web based (or both). Service or product? Geo-Market? etc etc

Throw up some vague details and you'll get (albeit) vague answers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Setting up a business is simply a calculated form of gambling.

When you are young without mortgage or other commitments, you can take a lot of risk, as you move on in life, you (should) take less risk.

So if you are young and commitment free, give it a whirl, never be afraid of failure as you learn so much by mistakes.

Certainly I and other here can give you a shove in the right direction, but having the right state of mind is the first step.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Johnny_BravoIII

Write a Business Plan:
    Start big picture then add detail, refine, polish, change, re-write......really get into the detail of it........but set yourself a deadline.

Some basics:
    Who is your customer? How badly do they need your product/service?
    Is there examples of this idea working elsewhere?
    How much cash will you need to fund your start-up?

When you know every possible angle visit your local Enterprise Board

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

I think its essential that you get a swot and a pest analysis done, if indeed you see validity in what you are doing for the future u can actually include these into your business plan.

Indeed the business plan is a must.. Definetely start there with these.

• Advertisement
Advertisement