Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview for Post Graduate Course what to wear

Options
  • 29-03-2012 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I have an interview in the Kemmy Business School just received email for a taught post graduate course. I am a male so would like to know whether to go formal i.e. suit or smart casual slacks and shirt.

Also it would be great on the kind of questions they might ask. It is the Masters in Taxation btw and it is a new course.

Thanks a million.

Odats

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Would imagine smart casual, masters interviews usually aren't especially formal although I don't know your department. May be worth asking your course leader what the expectation is,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Do you know who you're meeting?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

If you're ever unsure what to wear, a large sombrero should work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 RDJMPC

You can't go wrong wearing a trousers, shirt and tie really? I don't think this is overly formal but its always best to look smart.

I'd imagine Sheila Killian is doing the interviews. I had my interview over the phone for my Masters, which is a different Masters now than this. Mine wasn't overly technical but seeing as this is taxation, it might be a good idea to know a bit, especially some current affairs. Sheila has been on Vincent Brown numerous times, so to stand out, it could be a good idea to view these and see her point of view on current matters.

I was asked why am I interested in this Masters, what I want to achieve, where I see myself in 5 years time with this Masters behind me, know the course content - which should be found on the UL website. Then maybe a few questions on tax.

hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

sorry for bumping this thread up but just wondering how the OP got on in the interview for this as i am also starting the master in tax this september

• Advertisement
Advertisement