Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get make up applied in Dublin please?

• 29-03-2012 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

hi all,

I want to get my hair & make up done in Dublin on Saturday morning if possible.
    I'm staying near the IFSC, so can get around on the LUAS - and can prob get as far as Brown Thomas if I have to (though I will have luggage with me).

I know that most of the make up counters in BT's will do your make up for you & you can redeem the cost against products.

Is there anywhere else that does this that is handier for me - like Arnotts for example?

If so, what make up counters would you recommend & what would be the approx price please?

Also, anywhere cheap & cheerful to get my shoulder length hair washed & blow dried in city centre?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭SteppingStone

Hi there. Arnotts have make up counters. I would recommend the Benefit counter there if going although I'm not too sure on the price. I usually go to Brown Thomas and use the Mac counter. I'm not too sure on any cheep and cheerful hairdressers near Arnotts. Robert Chambers is around the corner but it's not that cheap and cheerful:-D If you do end up in Brown Thomas, Grafton Street. You should head to Georges Street area, There are a few new Chinese chains of hairdressers around that do great deals and a great job on blow drys.

Go to house of colour on middle abbey street for your hair - they're absolutely brilliant in there. And then pop across to Arnotts to the benefit counter (give them a ring beforehand) and get your make up done. I've gotten it done twice there for free but I think they usually ask you to buy products. There is a bobby brown counter in there too which I haven't used but I do use a lot of their make up and it's brilliant so give them both a ring and see which suits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Thanks so much for the replies, big help. While I like some of the Benefit stuff, I want something fairly neutral on Saturday so I might give the Bobbi Brown counter a whirl.......any idea what other brands are there? I usually go MAC but as I say, I want something more subtle.

House of colour looks like a plan - reasonably priced & a personal recommendation? Sounds good to me :)

Advertisement