Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Get Ray Foley OFF the airwaves

• 29-03-2012 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

Seriously, can someone remove him from the DJ box? He's the most irritating DJ on the radio (although I find most of them irritating but him more-so).

Who is that gob-****e that he yaps to all the time? His show is highly ridiculous and they talk complete and utter rubbish for the duration.

Please stop the pain!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Isn't that what's done on all radio chat shows though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Why not try a new radical way of thinking, like I don't know, maybe try changing the radio station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,129 ✭✭✭✭listermint

OP in 'i cant change my radio station dial' shocker........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Pippy1976 wrote: »
    Seriously, can someone remove him from the DJ box? He's the most irritating DJ on the radio (although I find most of them irritating but him more-so).

Who is that gob-****e that he yaps to all the time? His show is highly ridiculous and they talk complete and utter rubbish for the duration.

Please stop the pain!

In much the same way can we not get you off boards?

and there is this magic thing you can do OP, its called change station. or listen to mp3's, podcasts, audiobooks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

I did... but the odd time I catch him on the radio when I'm in a shop or someone's car / house.

He's an idiot.

• Advertisement

Eh, excuse me? I'm not sure it's up to you to suggest that someone remove me from Boards... I haven't said anything wrong, this facility is here for people to chat about stuff - like I've just done.

Not impressed. Also, see post above re changing the station. I'm not an idiot.
    danniemcq wrote: »
    In much the same way can we not get you off boards?

and there is this magic thing you can do OP, its called change station. or listen to mp3's, podcasts, audiobooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

The off button usually gets him off my radio. But then i miss him so i turn it back on. He's a bit of craic, and i suppose you get him or you don't.

also radio forum....>>>>>>>

I did... but the odd time I catch him on the radio when I'm in a shop or someone's car / house.

He's an idiot.

well obviously you should just hide in a locked room for 2 and a half hours a day. just to be sure make sure its an airless vacuum to avoid any chance of soundwaves reaching you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

Go online and watch the 3 of them in studio, he seems to be the one donk who likes to stream himself and two helpers to the t'interworld. You are spoilt for choice however for aural pleasure on the airwaves

Oh and for the record i like Ray Foley!

just a bit of fun for your lunchtime and all that, nothing to serious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Eh, excuse me? I'm not sure it's up to you to suggest that someone remove me from Boards... I haven't said anything wrong, this facility is here for people to chat about stuff - like I've just done.

Not impressed. Also, see post above re changing the station. I'm not an idiot.

Hmmmmm.....

Doesn't mean it's a positive thing. When did the double-DJ thing start to be de rigeur.

A good DJ should be able to / confident enough to hold a show on their own. He's obviously got nothing worthwhile to say so needs a sarcastic back-up to help him out.

Isn't that what's done on all radio chat shows though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Please stop the pain!

he is also quite rude to people that call in to the show... a terrible terrible dj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

You dont like the dj? Change stations!

lividduck wrote: »

Oh lordy... check my 5 posts above... read before posting, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

lividduck wrote: »

i listen to mp3's in the car... most irish radio stations just recycle the same 10 songs over n over each day anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Also he's terrible on Take me out. Now Take me out is a terrible show in itself but in comparison to Paddy Mcguinness he's a disgrace

he is also quite rude to people that call in to the show... a terrible terrible dj

so if you don't want that don't ring him.

If he singled out people then yes there would be a issue but seeing its random and seems to be the majority of the time then what do you expect when you get through?

Callers are free to do the same to him too!

its like going to a mass and complaining that the priest is praying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Why don't you change the station OP?.....or if that doesn't work you could y'know change the station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

OMGZ. Radio personality abuse. Report. Ban. Imprison.

Foley is stuck on our radio at work everyday. His show is awful. He is not even slightly funny.

But at least he is getting paid for all the above. Those who actually enjoy his antics have no excuse.

• Advertisement

Oh lordy... check my 5 posts above... read before posting, thanks!

and 7 before the one i quoted here for a simple solution

Thanks!

I agree with OP that he is a thundering clown who panders to dic­kheads.

So as a result I listen to Newstalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

/abusive thread.

The radio forum for all your radio needs. Please read the charter there before you post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement