Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potty training....night time nappy

Options
  • 29-03-2012 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭

What do you do with the night time nappy with potty training? Is it up to us to remove it and train him like we did during the day? Or do we wait till the night nappy is dry and let him lead the way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I let her lead the way with night time training, it was about three months after she fully trained that she decided she didn't want a pull up going to bed and in fairness, she's not had an accident since.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I totally let my son lead the way with toilet training.
    at 2.5 he wanted to use loo for no2s. when playing outside he asked for nappy/pullup. THen onlyl used nappy for car journeys, one day i forgot it and that was that. So for us training was longer than most but we never had an accident. it was gradual but asked my daughter was a couple of months old, we were not going far.
    He was trained at night before he was trained by day but he asked for a pull up very night for about 3months after he fully trained.
    This would not suit everyone but it suited us.

My daughter is 2next week, i ve no notion of training her until end of summer unless she leads the way
    Best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Thank you ladies. He's completely dry in the day now. But nappies are still quite wet at night. Maybe we should try pull ups at night. I was a bit reluctant in case he pooed lol, but will try it now he's doing them in to toilet.

Thanks again xx

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There was about 6 months between training my girl during the day and at night.
    Some people put a potty beside their bed and find that that helps.
    I gave her pull ups at night and she was happy with that.
    We had about 3 months of no accidents then we got a few but she is generally dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

with our daughter she was night time trained at the same time as day time, we put pull ups on her and told her to call us if she needed to go.

so far 1 month later she's been dry all night since, only getting up once or twice in the night 11pm ish to go in the toilet.

a potty near her bed helped too for emergencies!

i'd say go with pull ups as the image at the front is handy to know if they have wet themselves and it protects them if they have accidents...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Quirkygirl

Hi folks our daughter was potty trained in day at 20 months. She is now 2 and 1/2 and is wearing pull ups to bed most nights they are dry but the odd morning they have tiny wee. Should we just pull them now?? Or wait till she is always dry?

Advertisement