Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household charge. Paying TRS. Do I need to pay it?

Options
  • 29-03-2012 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Hi

I heard before that if you're on TRS that you don't need to pay the household charge.

Anyone know if this is true or not?

Thanks
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

TRS is "Tax Relief at Source", it's a payment your mortgage lender makes to you giving you tax relief on the interest payment part of your mortgage. It does not qualify you for a waiver from the charge.

MIS is "Mortgage Interest Supplement" and it is a payment made by the Government to a mortgage holder to cover their mortgage interest cost while that person is claiming the dole.
    If you are in receipt of MIS, you are entitled to a waiver from the household charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

mathie wrote: »
    Hi

I heard before that if you're on TRS that you don't need to pay the household charge.

Anyone know if this is true or not?

Thanks
    M

TRS means tax relief at source, which is relief on the interest you pay on your mortgage. If this is what you mean you still have to pay the household charge...

Advertisement