Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere in Bray that buys books?

• 29-03-2012 1:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

I'm clearing out my dead grandfathers house & have 1000's of books to get rid of. Was wondering if theres any 2nd hand bookshops around bray or the surronding area.

Also have alot of collectors coins I'm trying to get rid off if anybody knows where I could bring them to, to get an estimated price on them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The Town Hall Bookshop on Florence Road buys second hand books, but I'm not sure if he'd be in a position to buy literally 1000's of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Eggle

You probably won't find anywhere that will take all the books, your best bet might be to pick out any old ones and bring them to an antiquarian bookshop. Or if you have the time and energy, try selling them on ebay or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

What sort of interests did your grandfather have? If the books are mostly paperback novels and the like, there might be the odd valuable edition but the balance would likely be worth little. If though your grandfather had specific interests, he may have built up a wee library of much rarer material. There's a pretty healthy trade on line for difficult to source books, out of print material etc.

If I were you, I'd look carefully through his collection and see what themes you find. Keep what looks unusual and/or parts of an interest. Bring the rest to a few charity shops.

I'm always interested in local history books, so don't be throwing them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

When you've done as the other posters have suggested and just have 'worthless' paperbacks left, try taking them to that 'Clearout' shop beside Tesco- not 100% sure they take books but think they do and they pay you by the weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

RH149 wrote: »
    When you've done as the other posters have suggested and just have 'worthless' paperbacks left, try taking them to that 'Clearout' shop beside Tesco- not 100% sure they take books but think they do and they pay you by the weight.

Or donate them to one of the charity shops

21/25

• Advertisement
Advertisement