Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bigger gro-bags?

Options
  • 29-03-2012 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi all, my baby girl will soon be 2, no longer a baby! She's grown out of the gro-bags she had, and i was going to work away without them, but I worry that she gets cold, and still doesn't have sense to pull up her blankets over her again. Its not so much that she moves that much when she's asleep, but when tossing over from one side to another, she seems to lose them. You'd often hear her wake around 6 in the morning, which is the coldest time.

Does anyone know where I can get bigger size and still cheap gro-bags? I have looked in penneys and dunnes, and can't see them there.

Or does anyone have any other suggestions, other than the bags?

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭SEORG

TK Maxx had the large ones. Usually a bit cheaper too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think that IKEA has big ones as well. It may be worth looking up thier catalogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Grobags do them from 18-36 months size but €40 a pop. They are good but I wouldn't choose them unless you can't find that size in another brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

lol, we're having the same problems with our 7 month old growing out of his gro-bags. :D

we went out to get some new baby grows and vests and stuff for him and bought 12-18 months ones as he's gorwn out of everything he has smaller than that and we had to take those back to the shop as he was already pretty much filling them! :eek:

we ended up getting 18-24 months stuff and there's plenty of growing room in them, but he's still filling them pretty well already.

he's a big boy bless him! :D

he was in 3-6 months as soon as he was born (he was exactly 5kg/11lb and just over 60cm long when he was born, so he was never going to be small). our first baby and a natural birth as well, you should see women wince when my wife tells them!

the short version of all this is that i'm working late, but i texted her to asked her the name of an alternative to gro bags that she's been looking into getting.

edit: here you go: http://www.heymama.ie/blankets-wraps-bed-time-c-38/dreamgenii-twinkle-tog-circus-spot-p-218

you'd probably want socks on them, but aside from tat they seem perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Random qn! Why do they all have the arms out? I'm using a gro swaddle at the mo for my 6 week old but at just 55cm she is too long for it!! I can't see any larger sizes available anywhere which is a shame as it works great for her! She's always twitching and flailing her arms when falling asleep and wakes herself of her arms are not swaddled so I think we'll have problems if try her in a gro bag?

• Advertisement

i think you might need a baby strait jacket! ;)

i'm actually not sure, i guess they normally like having their arms out so they can suck their thumb or play with a silky or dodi or something like that.

vibe666 wrote: »

i'm actually not sure, i guess they normally like having their arms out so they can suck their thumb or play with a silky or dodi or something like that.

I think I do!! I think she has bad dreams and gets frights or something!!!

Do their arms not get cold?!

we have our little man in a vest and onesie inside the gro bag so he has long sleeves in both of those so he doesn't get cold and just his hands and head are out in the open. the room is around 20 degrees so it's just about right for him.

we have our little man in a vest and onesie inside the gro bag so he has long sleeves in both of those so he doesn't get cold and just his hands and head are out in the open. the room is around 20 degrees so it's just about right for him.

Shopping list :
    Long sleeve vests
    Straight jacket

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

dublinlady wrote: »

Not frights, it's just babies reflexes. They can't control them at that age so swaddling helps. Eventually they will grow out of the swaddle, my first daughter didn't grow out of hers until about 8 months though, thankfully she was petite! The youngest though... she's still swaddled at 6 months but think we're going to have to stop soon because she's getting too big for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

vibe666 those look great except they don't have feet which defeats (no pun intended!) the purpose as most toddlers would take socks off so their feet would be cold. I think we'll use the fleece all in one things people used to use on toddlers before gro bags were invented. For the moment he's happy in his sleep bags.

vibe666 those look great except they don't have feet which defeats (no pun intended!) the purpose as most toddlers would take socks off so their feet would be cold. I think we'll use the fleece all in one things people used to use on toddlers before gro bags were invented. For the moment he's happy in his sleep bags.
    we'll be leaving him in his onesie inside the thing, just like we do with the gro bags so he won't be taking those off. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I was thinking this week that when he grows out of his 12-18 month baby gros we'll start using pyjamas as getting him ready for bedtime has become a battle and he's getting stronger so his kicks are starting to hurt. A 2 piece pyjama would diffuse that situation. It's a shame they didn't put feet in that sleeper suit because it's a great product otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Try ebay for larger size grobags, they have a great selection and you can usually pick one up for a lot less than you would in a shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Try ebay for larger size grobags, they have a great selection and you can usually pick one up for a lot less than you would in a shop.

H&M is where I got mine it's from 1-3 we have 2 so I haven't gotten them in awhile but they great the zip is in reverse so she hasn't figure how to get out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭XarcherX

Heatons do very big grobags for around 15euro, or TK Maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I use the fluffy jammies over the babygro.. the one's that zip up the front with feet in them.. it's easier than wrestling him into the bag and i find in the bag sometimes he manages to get tangled up in the legs of his babygro and gets mad and freaks out.. :eek:

Advertisement