Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Drill Advice - link attached

• 29-03-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

I bought this drill twin pack

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/einhell-bt...ack-18v-p15251

Whats the difference between the 2 drills.

Both are 18 Volt - I assume you can use both as a screwdriver and drill.

One has a hammer action, but I though you shouldnt use these for concrete, so hammer isnt really needed.

I am doing some heady duty screwdriving, do I just use either.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Tidyweb wrote: »
    I bought this drill twin pack

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/einhell-bt...ack-18v-p15251

Whats the difference between the 2 drills.

Both are 18 Volt - I assume you can use both as a screwdriver and drill.

One has a hammer action, but I though you shouldnt use these for concrete, so hammer isnt really needed.

I am doing some heady duty screwdriving, do I just use either.

Thanks

You NEED hammer action setting do drill into concrete.

And a propper good masonary drill bit too.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

are those drills designed to be used with concrete?

but the one with the hammer action can have the hammer action setting turned off - making it the same as the other drill.

No reall point in a twin pack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

are those drills designed to be used with concrete?

but the one with the hammer action can have the hammer action setting turned off - making it the same as the other drill.

No reall point in a twin pack.

Yep,turning off the hammer action will just mean its a normal cordless screw gun/drill again.

Switch it to hammer action for concrete work.

The battery power on that cordless drill wont be that great,if doing alot of concrete drilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

So would you agree its pointless selling a twin pack - as they are the same thing

as in the one without the hammer, is the hammer drill with hammer turned off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

So would you agree its pointless selling a twin pack - as they are the same thing

as in the one without the hammer, is the hammer drill with hammer turned off

The drill with the hammer action has a two speed gearbox, so will drill faster than the smaller drill.
    Both drills are listed as having the same amount of torque, but with the fact that the hammer drill has two speeds, I'd imagine it will put out more torque than the smaller one in real life. I had a similar type of setup, Ryobi one+ and tbh, I never bothered using the smaller drill. It just ended up being a pain in the ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Depends on what you are doing, if you are using one to screw and one to drill it saves an awful lot of chucking bits and drills.
    One has a drill and the other lighter one has a driver bit chucked.
    Drill your hole and screw whatever you are fixing up, repeat ad nauseum.
    If you only have one then its drill, undo chuck, fit driver, tighten chuck, drive fastener, undo, fit drill etc etc etc.

Advertisement