Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting an edger for lawn.

Options
  • 29-03-2012 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭

Don't want to go down the route of buying a machine I will rarely use.

Just want to cut back around patio slabs and kerbs in the garden to make it look neater.

Does anyone know of any companies that would rent "edgers" for domestic use?

Situated in Cork btw.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Don't want to go down the route of buying a machine I will rarely use.

Just want to cut back around patio slabs and kerbs in the garden to make it look neater.

Does anyone know of any companies that would rent "edgers" for domestic use?

Situated in Cork btw.

If its not too big a garden,patio or plot,then Aldi are selling eddgers for 7 euro today.

http://aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_21173.htm

Great day for a bit of fresh air,a sun tan and some excercise.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭applehunter

I'll see how it goes.

Going up to get it now.

Was looking at getting a motorised one.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blackharvester

this edger is called half moon edger, it is much easier to use then machine. i wouldnt hire machine unless your patio is very large, any way I am not sure can you hire one or not

• Registered Users Posts: 12 iangriffin83

I use a garden saw which i find the easiest way to edge. Just run it along the inside of the kerb and cut the grass away. Hope this helps

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6-V0iqE55y7TvoMnzhQ_sUjjIIx5hh3Xo4x3Rl0nSoCIRyAKIq9HMRfRH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

...or even just a normal spade would do the job, if you have one that it...!

I have one of those edgers too, and they're great. No need for machines at all. You'll have to do it at least twice between now and next autumn anyway, so it will be €7 very well spent!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Anatom wrote: »
    ...I have one of those edgers too, and they're great. No need for machines at all. You'll have to do it at least twice between now and next autumn anyway, so it will be €7 very well spent!

Exactly,gardening and keeping a garden looking tidy,doesnt have to be expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Powered edgers don't work !. I have tried Stihl edgers, Husky ones & even one that was guide by a laser. I bought a pair of CK heavy edging shears about 15 years ago with big wooden handles. They are used almost every day in very stony soil & I have never sharpened them.

As others have suggested a sharp knife can work well around paving. The secret is that if you use the edging shears every 2/3 weeks it is a quick easy job.

Neat hedges & edges are the secret to a garden looking good.

By the way if you hire a metal bladed power edger don't let it near the paving !

Advertisement