Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigrating to New Zealand

Options
  • 29-03-2012 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am currently looking into immigrating to New Zealand with a view of working on the Christchurch rebuild. I am a Quantity Surveyor and I'm need advise on who are the best recruitment agencies to contact as I would prefer to have a post before I leave Ireland.

Any response much appreciated

MGold

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

http://www.seek.co.nz/JobSearch?DateRange=31&SearchFrom=quick&Keywords=&location=5113&industry=1206

Get in touch with the recruiters listed on the results in Seek and you'll have an idea of the job market. Might be best just come down on a Working Holiday Visa and apply in person as i'm sure they get tons of overseas applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

MGold wrote: »
    I am currently looking into immigrating to New Zealand with a view of working on the Christchurch rebuild. I am a Quantity Surveyor and I'm need advise on who are the best recruitment agencies to contact as I would prefer to have a post before I leave Ireland.

Any response much appreciated

MGold

Dont go through a recruitment agency.
    Just show up and ring the companies directly and tell them you're ready to start right away.

If you cant get a job as a QS in CHCH at the moment you've no business working anywhere at anything tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Robin Craig

Yes market down in Christchurch going to be very strong for next 5 to 10 years so really good pipeline of work available for QS's - i work with an Irish company we have recently formed a joint venture with a local Christchurch based construction firm called Chris Beer Construction and Chris is looking for a QS for his firm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kofeire

whats the situation for bricklayers like in christchurch at the moment ,ive been offered a job there and need the lowdown on the wages ,rents etc thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Wages I have no idea.

Rents take a browse through here:
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/residential-property-to-rent/canterbury

• Advertisement
Advertisement