Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woman converting to Islam

• 29-03-2012 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello all, I wish hear some views and experiences of women here who have converted from Christianity to Islam.
    I have met an Islamic man who I fell in love with and he made his intentions clear to me. I plan to live in Ireland with him( I am originally Canadian) and would also like to meet up with fellow muslim women in the Irish community.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭yammycat

Is it your choice or does he want you to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭masadjie

Hello all, I wish hear some views and experiences of women here who have converted from Christianity to Islam.

I remember one of post in this forum talk about it : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056351881 You can contact the OP of that post for asking/sharing her experience.
    Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Yes, please drop me a mail, and i'll try answer your questions. I'm the OP he's referring to. Glad to help :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Why any woman would want to convert to Islam is beyond me.

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Why any woman would want to convert to Islam is beyond me.

Inshallah someday you might understand. God guides who he wills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

they are known to change straight after successfully marrying, converting a non-Muslim (to them , we are all Infidels!)

then one day, you find the children have disappeared, were snatched and taken away to his country of origin. Don't convert. Islam is more than a religion and you may find you will be biting off more than you can chew. Islam entails their own laws, social doctrine, finance, justice (sharia!), morality, and narrow views of women in society. Islam is a System just as Communism was. It is or was anti-enlightenment. Don't be taken in by Islam - it is very persuasive, hidden depths. Read a little Christopher Deliso. Open your eyes.
    You may like to know also if he entered Ireland legally, and how he entered Ire. since we are sadly very lax about these things.

Coming from Canada, you may be very new to all of this. He'll know that you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

you are entitled to believe what you wish......but will you wish that you had a wish.......????

"God" is a figment of your imagination. So good luck with that.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

The Popular versions of anything are of little worth and often the rehash of the real thing .Few understand this .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

then one day, you find the children have disappeared...
    Good grief :rolleyes:
    @OP, good luck with that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

"God" is a figment of your imagination. So good luck with that.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge -- so bad luck with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

You do realise the theological problems with a statement like that?

You do realise the theological problems with a statement like that?
    For example?

dead one wrote: »
    Imagination is more important than knowledge -- so bad luck with that

How so?

How so?
    Knowledge is limited, imagination isn't? -- There is source of her imagination... Every thing in the world has a source, source of her imagination is God... She believes God created her imagination, on the other hand, there is no God in your imagination.. You cheat your imagination in the name of false hope... How could you keep your imagination satisfy with out source.. Get a life buddy...

Knowledge is limited, imagination isn't? -- There is source of her imagination... Every thing in the world has a source, source of her imagination is God... She believes God created her imagination, on the other hand, there is no God in your imagination.. You cheat your imagination in the name of false hope... How could you keep your imagination satisfy with out source.. Get a life buddy...

Explain the bolded line please?

I'm realistic in my attitude towards religion, that is not cheating my imagination.

Explain the bolded line please?
    You believe in your imagination, that you don't have a source.. you're cheating your imagination, that's false hope.. That's fool's paradise, on the other hand, if you see the world in which you are living, in this world, every thing has source... What is source of your imagination? -- If you're source of your imagination then there must be your source... That is God

You believe in your imagination, that you don't have a source.. you're cheating your imagination, that's false hope.. That's fool's paradise, on the other hand, if you see the world in which you are living, in this world, every thing has source... What is source of your imagination? -- If you're source of your imagination then there must be your source... That is God

No it's biology, the human brain. Nothing more, nothing less.

No it's biology, the human brain. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Are you sure?.. Will your imagination get satisfaction by this.. Who created your imagination and brain and cell and all that wonderfull structure.... Was that a chance which created a masterpiece like you.. Ask to your imagination..

Are you sure?.. Will your imagination get satisfaction by this.. Who created your imagination and brain and cell and all that wonderfull structure.... Was that a chance which created a masterpiece like you.. Ask to your imagination..

WTF are you smoking??

• Advertisement

WTF are you smoking??
    Smoke has a source-- Imagination like smoke..

I'm pretty sure the islamic forum is meant to serve as a space for sharing information and support for muslims and those interested in the religion not for ridicule. You're entitled to your beliefs but refrain from insulting others. You're insinuating a lot about my life choice and that of other female converts, without clearly knowing much about the topic. I wish u the best but I don't appreciate your comments.
    Mods step in please!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

Islam is more than a religion. having its own legality, social doctrine, financial practices, its a System much like Communism was. I know more than you thought. But blindly go where other ex-Infidels have gone before..Feel free to 'succumb' to Allah, 'religion of the sword' according to Rottweiler of the Vatican, & embrace some new fairytales.

I'm pretty sure the islamic forum is meant to serve as a space for sharing information and support for muslims and those interested in the religion not for ridicule. You're entitled to your beliefs but refrain from insulting others. You're insinuating a lot about my life choice and that of other female converts, without clearly knowing much about the topic. I wish u the best but I don't appreciate your comments.
    Mods step in please!

If your beliefs are right then you would have no problem defending them.

For example?

The implication that understanding islam (and the implied acceptance and following of islam) comes not because it is inherently understandable, but because god picks and chooses who gets it. It implies that understanding islam is a game of luck, except of course, for the kids of those who already understand it.

Knowledge is limited, imagination isn't?

Knowledge is limited only by reality.
    -- There is source of her imagination... Every thing in the world has a source, source of her imagination is God...

Non sequitor. Also, aren't you saying that god is doing the imagining for her, and she just receives it somehow?
    She believes God created her imagination, on the other hand, there is no God in your imagination.. You cheat your imagination in the name of false hope...

Non sequitor. Firstly, because if god is the source of imagination, he would be the source of non muslims imagination too, as he is god. Secondly, its not cheating it if its imagination, as your imagination isn't real.
    How could you keep your imagination satisfy with out source.. Get a life buddy...

My imagination has a source - my brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I cannot understand why women would want to convert to Islam and be treated like a second class citizen . Shariah law and it's rules frighten me and I would have thought more so for women. op if the bloke loved you he would not encourage you to convert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Knowledge is limited only by reality.

Non sequitor. Also, aren't you saying that god is doing the imagining for her, and she just receives it somehow?

Non sequitor. Firstly, because if god is the source of imagination, he would be the source of non muslims imagination too, as he is god. Secondly, its not cheating it if its imagination, as your imagination isn't real.

My imagination has a source - my brain.

I just had to google

non se·qui·tur (nŏn sĕk'wĭ-tər, -tʊr')
    n.
    An inference or conclusion that does not follow from the premises or evidence.
    A statement that does not follow logically from what preceded it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

Mods step in please!

I think that the discussion has got rather off the point. There may be a case for a general discussion on the status of women in Islam, but the OP's original question has been answered. There was an earlier similar discussion in the thread "Why are so many modern British career women converting to Islam?", but the present discussion has run its course. So I'm locking the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement