Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ipad 2 16GB wifi + 3G or iPad 3 16GB wifi only

• 29-03-2012 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi,

I posted a few weeks ago about purchasing the iPad as a present, I am definitely going to purchase but just am stumped at what to get. Hoping to order today.

Here's my options:

IPad 2 16GB Wifi only €399
    IPad 2 16GB Wifi + 3G €479
    IPad 3 16GB Wifi only €479

The person I am buying for already has an IPhone so I am wondering would he really need 3G. He wouldnt be high tech but adores his IPhone, so I know he would love IPad.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Maclyn wrote: »
    Hi,

I posted a few weeks ago about purchasing the iPad as a present, I am definitely going to purchase but just am stumped at what to get. Hoping to order today.

Here's my options:

IPad 2 16GB Wifi only €399
    IPad 2 16GB Wifi + 3G €479
    IPad 3 16GB Wifi only €479

The person I am buying for already has an IPhone so I am wondering would he really need 3G. He wouldnt be high tech but adores his IPhone, so I know he would love IPad.

Thanks

iPad 2 from the refurb store. €349 when available, saving €130

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'd be pissed if someone got me the iPad 2 with the fancy new screen just out.
    Especially if you're used to the iPhone 4 screen.

I wouldn't let them know it - but inside I'd already be on Adverts.ie :pac:
    Harsh, but there ya go.

Also - remember it's dead simple to tether your iPad to your iPhone on the move. So 3G isn't that necessary.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Dades wrote: »
    I'd be pissed if someone got me the iPad 2 with the fancy new screen just out.
    Especially if you're used to the iPhone 4 screen.

I wouldn't let them know it - but inside I'd already be on Adverts.ie :pac:
    Harsh, but there ya go.

Also - remember it's dead simple to tether your iPad to your iPhone on the move. So 3G isn't that necessary.

If I thought someone was pissed after giving them €350 worth of iPad, they wouldn't be a "friend" too long......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Maclyn

Just a quick question,

The refurb ones? Are they scratched or physically used looking?

Thanks,

Maclyn wrote: »
    Just a quick question,

The refurb ones? Are they scratched or physically used looking?

Thanks,

No, brand new cases and batteries.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

whiterebel wrote: »
    If I thought someone was pissed after giving them €350 worth of iPad, they wouldn't be a "friend" too long......
    C'est la vie. Doesn't change the fact that an iPhone 4 owner might well secretly yearn for the retina display he's used to. I'm not saying he won't be grateful, just maybe not fulfilled.

Don't shoot the messenger!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pat127

I've only ever owned PCs/laptops/phones with black cases but rather fancy the white iPad. Anyone got views on how well the white wears in comparison, in terms of showing marks, scratches etc?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

pat127 wrote: »

I've only ever owned PCs/laptops/phones with black cases but rather fancy the white iPad. Anyone got views on how well the white wears in comparison, in terms of showing marks, scratches etc?

Thanks!

I find the white ones look cheap and tacky compared to the black version. In terms of wear, they're both very similar but the white ones show up scuffs and scratches a bit easier.
    Go black, it looks much more premium!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pat127

1ZRed wrote: »
    I find the white ones look cheap and tacky compared to the black version. In terms of wear, they're both very similar but the white ones show up scuffs and scratches a bit easier.
    Go black, it looks much more premium!:D

Thanks for the tip!

Advertisement