Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crew skills

Options
  • 29-03-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

with 7.2 "fast" approaching and since you only get 1 free chance to load skills. i was wondering what everyone was going to do. lets start with IS7..

Commander
    1. Repairs. i think it should be kept. all crewmen need it to work
    2. Brothers in Arms. all crewmen need it to work
    3. Expert perk. shows all damaged modules of enemy tank.

Driver
    1. Repairs
    2. Brothers in Arms
    3. Neatnik Perk. reduces chance of fire. handy since firefighting has been dropped

Gunner
    1. Repairs
    2. Brothers in Arms
    3. Steady hands or Nemisis

Loader
    1. Repairs
    2. Brothers in Arms
    3. non impact ammo rack or do or die perk

Radio operator
    1. Repairs
    2. Brothers in Arms
    3. Sonar

these are just my thoughts and i havnt checked the forums yet to see what other people think who have tested them all on the test server

1Commander.jpg

2Driver.jpg

3Gunner.jpg

4Loader.jpg

5Radio.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    with 7.2 "fast" approaching and since you only get 1 free chance to load skills. i was wondering what everyone was going to do. lets start with IS7..

Commander
    1. Repairs. i think it should be kept. all crewmen need it to work
    2. Brothers in Arms. all crewmen need it to work
    3. Expert perk. shows all damaged modules of enemy tank.
    Personally I would have thought Jack of all trades or premonition would be best here

Driver
    1. Repairs
    2. Brothers in Arms
    3. Neatnik Perk. reduces chance of fire. handy since firefighting has been dropped
    What about cruise master for shooting on the move? Additionally since your reticle is smaller when moving it means it starts shrinking from a smaller size when you stop meaning it reaches max aim quicker

Gunner
    1. Repairs
    2. Brothers in Arms
    3. Steady hands or Nemisis

Loader
    1. Repairs
    2. Brothers in Arms
    3. non impact ammo rack or do or die perk

Radio operator
    1. Repairs
    2. Brothers in Arms
    3. Sonar

these are just my thoughts and i havnt checked the forums yet to see what other people think who have tested them all on the test server

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I'd agree with premonition or jack of all trades - especially on medium or breakthrough tanks.

i think i would just use premonition on TDs and arty and t50-2/batchat tbh. jack of all would be good, but i think knowing someones engine or gun or ammo rack is gone would outweigh the others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cro_bully

Wait how does this work? You can have only 3? I geard that you can have all of them. And is it true that you can have 3 skills and 3 perks?

cro_bully wrote: »
    Wait how does this work? You can have only 3? I geard that you can have all of them. And is it true that you can have 3 skills and 3 perks?

no, you can have more than 3 but good luck getting the 4th and 5th as the amount of xp needed doubles

And i'd put premonition deffinetly on arty.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭WilliStrangle

Premonition is a great skill for any tank.
    cruise master and ace are good driver skills which I will be defo getting.
    Steady hands will be for my gunner not sure about the rest.
    Do or die for my loader and then either non impact ammo rack or hunch depending on the tank.
    Radioman is the hard one. More view range is nice but so is more radio range and then the opportunity to relay radio data, but I think I will get the last ditch attempt.

So:

Commander: Premonition
    Gunner: Steady hands
    Driver: Cruise master
    Loader: Do or Die
    Radioman: Last ditch attempt or Retransmitter (dependent on the tank)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

This is what I'm thinking (my main focus is dealing damage/reload as fast as I can):

Heavy
    Repair (all)

Commander
    Brother in arms
    Premonition (if camping type of tank)
    Tutor (get your crew skills going faster)
    Jack of all trades (you'll use medipac most of the time anyway)

Driver
    Brother in arms
    Ace
    Cruise Master

Gunner
    Brother in arms
    Sharp Shooter
    Steady Hands
    Master Gunsmith

Loader
    Brother in arms
    Non Impact ammo rack
    Do or Die

Radio Operator
    Brother in arms
    Last Ditch Attempt
    Retransmit

• Advertisement

7.2 tommorrow. quicker than expected.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    7.2 tommorrow. quicker than expected.

That's odd, I've seen no notification and they've never patched on a Friday before, or so quickly after the Russian server.

What tommorow? Oh my god oh my god oh my good god! Just for the time that i am going out of hospital and on wot! Oh thank you good god! My prairs finally paid out! Oh thank you god once more. I waited a bunch on this one! Oh thank you WG! I feel like a ****ing child before the class trip! Oh good god!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Think my current plan for the is-7 will be

All crew (all my crew apart from one loader have the exp for 2 skills)
    Brothers-in-arms
    Repairs

None of my crew have a full 3rd skill yet
    Commander
    Tutor (I'd prefer premonition but since it's a perk and I won't have 100% 3rd for months skill there's no point)
    +10% exp

Driver
    Cruise Master
    -4% gun dispersion caused by vehicle movement.

Gunner
    Steady Hands
    -7,5% gun dispersion caused by turret rotation.

Loader 1
    Ammo Rack (All loader skills are perks so none of them will be active for ages :/ )
    +12,5% ammo rack durability.

Loader 2
    No exp for a 3rd skill

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Premonition is bloody handy so far in the few games I've had it. You get a nice big orange lightbulb in the middle of the screen meaning it's time to get back in cover.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    Premonition is bloody handy so far in the few games I've had it. You get a nice big orange lightbulb in the middle of the screen meaning it's time to get back in cover.
    I'm a bit iffy on it to be honest; I'm usually aggressivish (i.e. I'm pushing) and for Arty it's half the time not spotting but tracers. I can see it' uses though but going for it over 5% crew improvement (as first is repair/camo most likely) I'm not so sure on.

Nody wrote: »
    I'm a bit iffy on it to be honest; I'm usually aggressivish (i.e. I'm pushing) and for Arty it's half the time not spotting but tracers. I can see it' uses though but going for it over 5% crew improvement (as first is repair/camo most likely) I'm not so sure on.

I don't know about taking it in preference to another skill, but in the initial stages of a fight it does give an advantage in tell you if the enemy is already in a waiting spot before you've seen them.

25.07 sec reload on a 261 with 100% Brother in Arms, can someone give me the time with out it?

Also thinking about it I think the 10% exp for crew + accelerated crew training is the way to go for fastest exp but you'll delay all for commander (inc. BOA etc.) by 1 by doing it (i.e. only worth on tanks you're going to do 3+ skills on)

Nody wrote: »
    25.07 sec reload on a 261 with 100% Brother in Arms, can someone give me the time with out it?

Also thinking about it I think the 10% exp for crew + accelerated crew training is the way to go for fastest exp but you'll delay all for commander (inc. BOA etc.) by 1 by doing it (i.e. only worth on tanks you're going to do 3+ skills on)

Bloody hell thats quick. I must check my Type E now

Bloody hell thats quick. I must check my Type E now
    Well it is high 25s with out it (like 25.8 or something) if I remember correctly.

30.47s on the 212 with 100% BOA, that's about a second off the reload time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DesperateCry

Indeed, for artillery the most important one seems to be Brother in Arms. Second camo (well, not much)

Most of others became pretty useless, since if you got seen you are dead, not repairs, not ammo rack or rammers, nothing I see would benefit much to an artillery. Evem premonition, if you are spotted, you are dead, that medium spotted you is coming for you, you can not escape unless rescued anyway.

Indeed, for artillery the most important one seems to be Brother in Arms. Second camo (well, not much)

Most of others became pretty useless, since if you got seen you are dead, not repairs, not ammo rack or rammers, nothing I see would benefit much to an artillery. Evem premonition, if you are spotted, you are dead, that medium spotted you is coming for you, you can not escape unless rescued anyway.

Brothers in Arms... Sixth sense( if for instance a scout goes to abbey and you are on base. its of great benifit to know if he sees you)
    Clutch braking. i have on 38% and my 261 turns on a dime. If fact i must experiment with it on other tanks as well. i have it on the tiger 2 and no medium will flank me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

For the t110 drivers out there here's my loadout.

Commander: Recon

Gunner: Deadeye. This one give's a better chance of damage to modules, like ammo racks :) Worth it for the fastest firing heavy in the game.

Driver: Off road driving

Loader: Safe Stowage. The ammo is stored in the front of this tank:rolleyes:

Smell Badda
    (GrahamSoul in-game)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 zh1

I went (After repairs and BIA):-7

Commander : Eagle Eye, to let me know just what critical hits I've been doing so I can take advantage of them.

Gunner : Dead Eye, works in unison with Eagle Eye.

Driver : Smooth Ride, its basically like having a vertical stabilizer on your tank without the equipment slot! Also since this tanks already high accuracy and mobility I like to think they work well together.

Loader : Adrenaline Rush, I didnt play much of the T110 before picking my skills but I still think adrenaline rush is the best pick since 10% of your health is 220hp(A lot by tier 7/8 standards) this can help a lot when it comes to picking of tanks at the end of a battle.

Just to add for premonition - I find it almost as useful for telling you're NOT spotted.

How many times has a little fecker gotten close to your arty position, for you to assume you're spotted, so try to move to go either TD style, or try make cover, only then to be hit by an arty shell?

I wonder how many of times times have I/you NOT been spotted, but then got ourselves spotted by moving.

Now I find myself sitting still when a scout comes near, and if that bulb doesn't flash, I'll stay right where I am.

IMO its one of the best skills to have on an SPG now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ftt_frank

The clutch perk should be important for TD's, meds and arty. It makes a huge difference to turning speeds. I have it on all my tanks. Brothers in arms is great too.

Advertisement