Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in joining a new Gospel Choir in Waterford?

Options
  • 29-03-2012 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Interested in joining a new gospel choir in Waterford?

This Saturday 31st March from 2-4pm SoulSong a new Gospel Choir is holding a workshop and looking for new members. The workshop will be lead by Lydia Mons, Education Officer for the Discovery Choir, Dublin.

All are welcome, no singing experience needed.

Admission free.

Venue: Christ Church Cathedral, Waterford City.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mamawrench

Unfortunately I'll be away on Saturday but I would be so excited to join you guys with this! Do you have a facebook page where I can find out your next meet? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hunky_Dory

Oh my god yes!

Will be there for sure! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I'm also away on Saturday (singing in a concert as it happens!) but would I hope you keep us updated, if it suited I would be interested over the summer and might know a few others who would also be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

I'd love to join too but don't think i will make it tomorrow. Any other days planned? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Waterford Blaa

I was posting this for a friend so I'm sorry I don't have anymore details. I'll see if I can find out.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LiNdSaY_R

Hey.

Didn't know there was a new gospel choir coming out of Waterford.

I help run a gospel music festival for gospel choirs and individuals that moves around the country each year.
    It'll be in Bray this 11th-13th May.

Message me your contacts if you'd like to get more info.
    www.gospelrising.com

Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 friendofbatman

the gospel rising festival sounds great, especially the workshops, I have been following the website with interest.

That SoulSong gospel choir workshop was a great success and very enjoyable for all, hopefully it was really the start of something (the wheels are in motion), look out for another one coming very soon.

There is a second workshop on this Saturday 5th May from 2pm to 3.30 in Christchurch given by Philip McKinley the founder of the discovery gospel choir anyone interested is welcome to attend

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Gospel music choir like the on they had in sister act kind of thing? Seriously, not messing. If they had choirs like that when I was growing up I would have loved going to mass every sunday.

yes choirs like this do exist in Ireland check out the likes of the Dublin Gospel Choir
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1SL1iue5kk&feature=fvsr

or discovery gospel choir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzJDCtBnta8

and hopefully by the autumn SoulSong Waterford will be up and running and producing wonderful music too!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

yes choirs like this do exist in Ireland check out the likes of the Dublin Gospel Choir
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1SL1iue5kk&feature=fvsr

or discovery gospel choir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzJDCtBnta8

and hopefully by the autumn SoulSong Waterford will be up and running and producing wonderful music too!
    :D

Wow thats actualy deadly. I'd love to go see some of that.

There was a festival in Waterford in the last year or so with Dublin and London Gospel choirs performing and there are several different performances planned for the gospel rising festival in bray this weekend, this is from their website:

http://www.gospelrising.com/

"The following Gospel Choirs are Confirmed to perform over the weekend
    Limerick Gospel Choir, Virgnia Gospel choir, Dublin Gospel Choir, Shannon Gospel Choir, Castlelyons Gospel Choir....more to come."

sounds very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 niamhy_dee

Any more info on when/if this choir will be getting started?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gospelfan2012

the choir mentioned above seems to have hit a wall, there seems to be no sign of it starting any time soon? a pity because it was a very enjoyable experience overall.

Given that, I am just putting out feelers here, but, how many people out there would actually be interested in getting involved/starting a gospel choir in the Waterford, if there is sufficient interest...... who knows what could be done.:)

Hi, I would defo be interested - time permitting - I loved the workshop that we did and have been dying to get into a gospel choir for years.

There is a gospel choir in Tramore as far as I know?

There is but I'm not sure if they're taking on new members, think they are pretty much full up. AFAIK, could be wrong!

niamhy_dee wrote: »
    There is but I'm not sure if they're taking on new members, think they are pretty much full up. AFAIK, could be wrong!

Ah ok so. Well if you are interested in joining a choir I run a successful ladies choir in Waterford. We do a range of genres so if you are interested in auditioning let me know!

Great, thanks - will be in touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gospelfan2012

Hi all, we have a gospel choir, started in Waterford in October and would like to find a piano/keyboard player, we already have guitar drum and bass, if anyone is interested or knows anyone, contact us here or via our facebook page, practice is usually a Thursday night.

https://www.facebook.com/SoulsongGC?fref=ts

• Advertisement
Advertisement