Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1000 Build - Advice on what to change

Options
  • 29-03-2012 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

1. What is your budget?
    €1000

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?

Gaming and video rendering. I'd like something that can run games like Skyrim and BF3 on high settings with a high frame rate (Above 30fps)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows?

No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?
    I keep most of my large files on an external hard-drive so I'd keep that and maybe get an SSD
    5. Do you need a monitor?
    No looking into that seperately

6. Do you need any of these peripherals?
    No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking?
    Yes if I knew how to do it safely

8. How can you pay?
    Most ways

9. When are you purchasing?
    When I get the funds. Just looking for a solid build idea at the moment

10. If you need help building it, where are you based?
    South East

I've been lurking the past weeks or so looking for ideas and this is the best I've got so far.

Cooler Master Centurion RC534
    - €52.40 (Know nothing about cases)
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155 - €187.99
    8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws PC3-10667U CL9 - €37.31
    Thermalright HR-02 Macho - €33.75
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, Sockel 1155, ATX - €113.21
    Samsung SH-222AB bare schwarz SATA - €17.84
    Verbatim 128GB SSD - €109.19
    Super Flower Gamer Edition 600W - €51.26
    Sapphire HD 7870 OC 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Express - €311.51

Total Cost - €914.46 not including delivery

I think I've got everything there. Now although my budget is €1000 any cost cutting would help but if something else will benifit me for a few euros more I'll definitely consider it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

right, that SSD is no good m8, by the looks of it its a SATA 2, so get crucial m4 m8, trust me ( and others in here ) on this.

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=46110&agid=1145

you can bump down PSU to this, more then enough for 7870:

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=30069&agid=1628

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Try this:

Item|Price
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155|€187.99
    Thermalright HR-02 Macho|€33.75
    ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€81.59
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€32.50
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W|€52.03
    Sapphire HD 7870 OC 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Express|€317.01
    LiteOn iHAS124-19 schwarz SATA|€17.83
    Crucial M4 64GB SSD 6,4cm (2,5")|€80.84
    BitFenix Shinobi Midi-Tower USB 3.0 black, ohne Netzteil|€53.90
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€876.43

This is very similar to your build, but I made a few changes.
    • Changed motherboard to similar one without CF.
    • Better PSU.
    • Same Ram, just cheaper.
    • That SSD looks crappy, so used better one.
    • Changed to a better case.

If you want, you can change the 64gb to the 128gb version.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Thanks I wasn't sure on the ssd to begin with. I'm not familiar with them so I just chose the cheapest.

The Graphics Card is the only other thing I'm still Iffy about. Is the one I have good enough for most modern titles or should get better?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Thomasheen wrote: »
    Thanks I wasn't sure on the ssd to begin with. I'm not familiar with them so I just chose the cheapest.

The Graphics Card is the only other thing I'm still Iffy about. Is the one I have good enough for most modern titles or should get better?

its great card, best bang for the money way. It will max out anything at 1080p and will be able to run bf3 very very nicely. if you can afford i would suggest going gtx680 or 7970 and dont bother with 7950 as its very close to 7870, but 100eu more expensive.

Thanks for the help. Also one more really noob question. Will I need a network card of some sort to connect to my wi-fi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭BillyCom

Just wondering..... I've read through a few threads in the pc building section of boards.ie over the past few days, and fan/heatsink is always included separately in the suggested builds; is this never included with the cpu itself?

I also went to the hardwareversand site and used the pc configurator for a sample build; but it doesn't seem to give me the option to add a SSD for some reason (and this is with the ASRock z68 motherboard selected). Anyone know the reason for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

BillyCom wrote: »
    Just wondering..... I've read through a few threads in the pc building section of boards.ie over the past few days, and fan/heatsink is always included separately in the suggested builds; is this never included with the cpu itself?

I also went to the hardwareversand site and used the pc configurator for a sample build; but it doesn't seem to give me the option to add a SSD for some reason (and this is with the ASRock z68 motherboard selected). Anyone know the reason for this?
    When you get a box version of a CPU the heatsink comes included, if the CPU is a tray version there is no heatsink included.

Yeah I had the same problem with the PC Configurator, I don't think you can include an SSD if you use it. But if you want to use the Configurator and get an SSD just build your PC in the configurator and add it to your basket when your done. Then go and add the SSD to your basket separately. Don't worry the SSD will be compatible it must be just an oversight on hwvs' behalf. Or if you are just looking to get hwvs to build the PC for you, put all the items into your basket manually and then add this and they will build it for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭BillyCom

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    When you get a box version of a CPU the heatsink comes included, if the CPU is a tray version there is no heatsink included.

Yeah I had the same problem with the PC Configurator, I don't think you can include an SSD if you use it. But if you want to use the Configurator and get an SSD just build your PC in the configurator and add it to your basket when your done. Then go and add the SSD to your basket separately. Don't worry the SSD will be compatible it must be just an oversight on hwvs' behalf. Or if you are just looking to get hwvs to build the PC for you, put all the items into your basket manually and then add this and they will build it for you ;)

Thx for the reply. I'm just wondering though why most builds listed here have the box version of the cpu and a seperate fan also listed. Perhaps for overclocking and the standard fan/sink isn't sufficient??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

BillyCom wrote: »
    Fluffy88 wrote: »

Thx for the reply. I'm just wondering though why most builds listed here have the box version of the cpu and a seperate fan also listed. Perhaps for overclocking and the standard fan/sink isn't sufficient??
    Boxed version is cheaper on HWVS for some reason.

Thanks for the help lads. Ordering next week sometime. Kinda worried first time building since I have the worst luck with technology :o

One more thing. Does this mean they'll assemble the pc for me? I'm kinda tempted to do it if they do

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=746

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭pcadvice

yes it does, taken from Letter to Hardwareversand

Craig B wrote: »
    Sort of off thread but does anyone know how to get HWVS to assembly your rig for you?

Monotype wrote: »

what does your final build look like?

pcadvice wrote: »
    what does your final build look like?

Same as what eboggles suggested but with a 128gb ssd

Advertisement