Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a JVC cam to transfer VHS to digital

Options
  • 29-03-2012 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi,

My parents have a JVC gz mg330hek cam
    This one i think

Is it possible to use it to transfer some VHS tapes to digital on my PC ?

I tried attaching the VHS player out (scart) to the AV jack in the cam, but I can't find what to do next. I can't find any input mode or anything on menu

Anyone know if it is possible ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

The majority of domestic camcorders won't have an AV input facility, only an output facility.

A few with a Firewire port do have the capability to write back to the unit but this won't solve your problem.

One solution is to purchase an AV adaptor unit to take composite video and audio from your playback machine and import it to your PC. They're a very common item and you may source something suitable in most good electronic retailer or even the like of Argos. Lidl and Aldi often have them as special offer items too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 maccarthy

purchase an AV adaptor unit to take composite video and audio from your playback machine and import it to your PC

Any idea where I can get one of these in Dublin ?

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Any of the PC retailers who sell leads and accessories as well as PC's would be a good place to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 maccarthy

Thanks for you help, sorry somehow I missed the part about Aldi etc..

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Have a look at THIS I used a similar one via a PCI board on a Dell PC. Works perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

what about using a dvd recorder to put it onto dvd?
    Do you need to be able to edit it after?

Advertisement