Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bolton street car parking.

Options
  • 29-03-2012 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Starting in bolton street on monday and because i cant check into my accomodation till during the day,we're wondering what parking facilities are near the college?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭overshoot

there is broadstone (free) but you need to get there very early to get a space... the car park right beside the building.. part of the cinema building offers a 7 day student ticket for 30e (days dont have to be consecutive). the office is along the side you enter into the carpark on... might be up a level i cant remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Use the Q-Park on Parnell Street. It's only €5 for the day when you validate the card at the porter's desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Voltwad wrote: »
    Use the Q-Park on Parnell Street. It's only €5 for the day when you validate the card at the porter's desk.

This, but he means the porters desk in the car park rather than the college, though I'm sure you copped that :rolleyes: It's a little tricky to find the entrance if you don't know the area due to the one way system, entrance is on Loftus lane - http://g.co/maps/556br

ILAC is apparently quite cheap as of a few months ago when I was talking to people about it, although I'm not sure if that's still the case.

yea i was too lazy to post the link but sdeire is 100% correct, you have to loop around parnell st back onto loftus lane, no access from kings inn st. but if your going to have the car a few times the 30e 7 day ticket is worth your time

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

sdeire wrote: »
    Voltwad wrote: »

This, but he means the porters desk in the car park rather than the college, though I'm sure you copped that
    There's a validator at the college porter's desk aswell...

• Advertisement

Really? Thats a brilliant idea.

Front door one or King's Inn desk?

sdeire wrote: »

Really? Thats a brilliant idea.

Front door one or King's Inn desk?
    Not too sure, I'm not based there. I know there is one at the desk that's near the courtyard. Do you know which one I'm talking about?

Not too sure, I'm not based there. I know there is one at the desk that's near the courtyard. Do you know which one I'm talking about?

Yup, that'd be the King's Inns St. entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭davedfc

Thanks for all your replies. See the below link its says its only 5 euro for the day if you validate your ticket with a dit students card. Im only starting tomorrow so wont get a student card till later in the week. Do you think i'd be able to get the ticket validated without one?

http://www.q-park.ie/tabid/425/qparkParkingLocatorvw3443/parkingdetail/ParkingID/1538/language/en-US/Default.aspx

davedfc wrote: »
    Thanks for all your replies. See the below link its says its only 5 euro for the day if you validate your ticket with a dit students card. Im only starting tomorrow so wont get a student card till later in the week. Do you think i'd be able to get the ticket validated without one?

http://www.q-park.ie/tabid/425/qparkParkingLocatorvw3443/parkingdetail/ParkingID/1538/language/en-US/Default.aspx
    Probably not in the car park, but the porter won't ask for a student.card, the validator will be sitting on the desk and you can just punch it yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭davedfc

Great and just to be 100% sure the car park is the ilac shopping centre car park? Just i dont know the area and il be working off a sat nav.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭SEAN_DUB

overshoot wrote: »
    there is broadstone (free) but you need to get there very early to get a space... the car park right beside the building.. part of the cinema building offers a 7 day student ticket for 30e (days dont have to be consecutive). the office is along the side you enter into the carpark on... might be up a level i cant remember.

Where is the broadstone car park? have been driving into parnell car park every day and getting sick of shelling €5 a day for parking!!!!

SEAN_DUB wrote: »
    Where is the broadstone car park? have been driving into parnell car park every day and getting sick of shelling €5 a day for parking!!!!
    err broadstone... the CIE depot... old railway station... constitution hill junction at the end of dominic street. have a look on google maps you cant see it from the road. jeez its poor when a donegal man is telling a dub how to get around:D (couldnt resist!)

I know where broadstone is..... but where is the free parking located?

QUOTE the CIE depot... old railway station
    seriouly look on google maps its hard to miss!

overshoot wrote: »
    QUOTE the CIE depot... old railway station
    seriouly look on google maps its hard to miss!

The one across from the halls of residence... i know but it says staff only parking I was just wondering was that the right one?
    I know now thanks overshoot

well i wouldnt go through the gates but infront of the old station...and as i said your looking at before 8 to have a chance and make sure its a space, otherwise clamping will occur

davedfc wrote: »

No, the ILAC is a seperate car park. Parnell Street is a ParkRite place and is closer to the college (literally right beside it).

Both appear to be the same price but I know Parnell is €5 for sure because I use it regularly.

Advertisement