Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good chipper in Drogheda?

Options
  • 29-03-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Can anyone recommend a good chipper in Drogheda, or a good takeaway (Chinese, Indian, etc.) in general? Somewhere handy with parking perhaps.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Dominics on Georges Street nice. Not much parking tho. Brunos in Aston Village decent plenty of parking

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

Ming Garden Chinese in Trinity Street, everyone parks up the Fair Green if you don't get parking outside. Always packed, can't be a bad sign

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

My own favourites are Mullens for a chipper and King of Kings for Chinese. Not to everyone's tastes though. Not much parking at busy times at Mullens.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

punjabi house on the dublin rd . Parking outside no probs .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Noodle box! I drive from Dundalk for it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Hanlor

Joe's in Crushrod Avenue, Yellowbatter (the place not on the Plaice) is yer only man for a one&one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

MugMugs wrote: »

Business oppertunity!!! Stand up 'Noodle Bar'!

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Business oppertunity!!! Stand up 'Noodle Bar'!

If I owned it, I'd eat the profits. If it was in Dundalk.... I'd be their profit....

Either way, this could end badly for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

+1 for Dominic's. They do my favourite curry chips anywhere. I only wish the baldy guy, who I presume is the owner, would lighten up a bit. A smile would crack his jawbone.

Wow thats a good spin for some noodles man ! Was really into it for a while but over did it . Must revisit for a spicy box at some stage .

• Advertisement

Wow thats a good spin for some noodles man ! Was really into it for a while but over did it . Must revisit for a spicy box at some stage .

There's nothing that can really match it up here and that annoys me. Mullens seem to have the Monopoly and IMHO it isn't deserved.

Think I'll pick up an XL on the way home tonight :D

There's nothing that can really match it up here and that annoys me. Mullens seem to have the Monopoly and IMHO it isn't deserved.

Think I'll pick up an XL on the way home tonight :D

I havent eaten in the mullens in Drogheda but it just comes across as a bog standard chipper tbh .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

Woks Cooking and/or Borza's
    Both in Wheaton Hall

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tired Tina

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

gebbel wrote: »
    +1 for Dominic's. They do my favourite curry chips anywhere. I only wish the baldy guy, who I presume is the owner, would lighten up a bit. A smile would crack his jawbone.

I agree with you there, you go in and its like its a big inconvenience to him when he grunts at you to order, and then nearly fires the chips across the counter to you.:D
    Tasty food though all the same, cant fault them for that, would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Mullens seem to have the Monopoly and IMHO it isn't deserved.
    Agreed. Heard great things about it when I moved to Drogheda but it doesn't live up to the hype. Very hit and miss.

Usually go to Dominics or sometimes Gulio's which ain't bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

My picks:
    Chipper: Mullens. Go early in the evening to get the stuff nice and fresh. The oldest woman there is very stingy with portions and not too chatty.
    Chinese: Ming Garden or Hot Woks. Hot woks has a more traditional chinese taste to their cooking than the likes of golden bowl which hygiene and taste standards is an abomination. Ming Garden is really good too but is more thick sauces than HW.
    Jap/Noodles: Noodle Box is excellent with their portions and the price you pay. If you dont like noodles they have rice. They have a taste to suit even the fussiest of eaters.
    kebab/turkish: Kebab palace have meals for like 7(?) euro and is well worth it if you're very very hungry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Ming Garden Chinese in Trinity Street, everyone parks up the Fair Green if you don't get parking outside. Always packed, can't be a bad sign
    ming garden also have a slimming world menu, handy to get my food there and get the food for rest of the family in dominics

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

whelan1 wrote: »
    ming garden also have a slimming world menu, handy to get my food there and get the food for rest of the family in dominics
    OFF TOPIC: I see a few butchers in town are doing slimming world offers aswell much to the delight of the Mrs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Love MG. Have been getting meals from there for years. AND they do deliveries as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Joes chipper FTW.
    Im not a big fan of Mullens. Chicken is very hit and miss, same with the chips. The fish is usually very nice.

Hot woks and noodle box are amazingly tasty, you wont be disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

where is noodle box?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Noodle Box is on West Street, at the junction with Dominic St (near the Abbey Centre)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

The old four lanterns for us old school people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Bruno's chipper in Aston Village delivers top notch chips. I dont even really like them but since I've been a few times it's the chips I really look forward to, cooked fresh to order.

A lot of the nurses order in from the lourdes as it's that good (and we all know nurses love a good feast!)

Yes it's a little way out but defo worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    The old four lanterns for us old school people.

Thats some blast from the past you have given me.
    Manys a lunchtime i spent in there during my school days

They used to do a special meal deal on a friday, "the lanterns " was the first sniff us Drogheda people got of the mcdonalds experience:)
    Head up to the whitworth hall and downstairs to the video games after the lanterns,back to school,.. happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Where is Hot Woks??

There are so many nice chineses already mentioned except Tangos the food there is delish!!

And as for Chipper food it has to be Genoa the chips are much better than Dominics

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

PinkFly wrote: »
    Where is Hot Woks??

There are so many nice chineses already mentioned except Tangos the food there is delish!!

And as for Chipper food it has to be Genoa the chips are much better than Dominics

Hot Woks is in Aston Village.

Advertisement