Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H Dip in Psychoanalytic Studies

Options
  • 29-03-2012 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi there,

Am thinking of taking such a course in the Autumn in a Dublin College.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has completed the course, or indeed anyone taking that course at the moment in relation to workload etc.

Many thanks...:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭uniqueusername

I did the hdip in psychoanalytical studies in DBS, I really enjoyed it. Doing a masters now, the workload doesn't seem to be that much lol, but you will have a ton of essays etc, and some presentations. Its pretty heavy on the reading side too, but I found reading Freud really easy, its Lacan that most struggle with. Id recommend the course as I had a good time doing it, but I had a passion for the subject, which really makes the difference. There is a thesis at the end which is abut 7000 words, and exams too.

Good luck!

Advertisement