Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of setting up as a childminder

Options
  • 29-03-2012 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

I am a qualified nurse with 12 years experience. I am thinking of setting up a childminding business, I have paediatric experience and have completed paediatric nursing. My own daughter is in JI so would like to be around for her a bit more. Would this be appealing to parents?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Childminders will always be in demand. If you really want to go for it, go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Would you not need a childcare qualification to set up?

People always need childminders. Don't forget that your own daughter will be included in the ratio if you do set up.

Give a look over the pre-school regulations 2006, I think it gives recommendations to childminders aswell.

Best of luck with it :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am a childminder,take a look at childminding.ie.
    I can answer most of your questions or direct you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Once your own child is in school she wont be included in the preschool ratio but under 14's are included in the number covered by insurance.

I suggest speaking with the Childminding Advisor at your local Childcare Committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yellowcrayon

Its a great idea, as was already said, there will always be a demand for childminders...

But as a childminder myself, i can tell you, theres not much money to make in it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement