Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relocating To A New State?

Options
  • 29-03-2012 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have had the experience with relocating to another state and have found that there are many scam companies out there, especially in the bigger cities. I learned that the things to be aware of are, whether or not they are a broker, how many trucks they have and whether it is their employees that do the pick ups and deliveries.

The majority of the scam companies only have rental trucks, their employees do not wear the company logo shirts or anything else and you are not able to ever talk with any of the bosses, not ever. They seem to always be out of the office.:mad:

Sure, they tell you they are going to do your packing and labor for free, but they do not inform you that, they are going to double or triple your price, once they load you onto the truck. Then they take your goods hostage until you pay what they demand.:eek:

Definitely check out their DOT & MC #s, because some of them operate under stolen or terminated licences. The best way to check a company out and they do not want you to know this is by going to Saferweb.com and click on Company Snapshot. Then type in the company USDOT or the MC# and it will tell you if the company has insurance and are licensed. It will also tell you how many trucks they have that are actually operating.:rolleyes:

Also, another simple tool is to type in the phone number in search and see what that number pulls up, you would be amazed at who some of the people are that are working for the company.

Do your homework, research and asks questions! www.protectyourmove.gov this is also a good place to start to see how many complaints with the DOT a company has.

If you have any questions about what else to look for or need some guidance with a company, let me know. Have a great day!

Comments

Advertisement