Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking during the evening-night time

• 29-03-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I need to leave my car in the centre from around 6.30-1 AM on saturday. Is there anywhere to park in town at this time. Will there be street parking? Obviously somewhere where it will be relatively safe.

Apologies if this is a duplicate.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

The corn market car park on Denmark street or dunnes stores on Henry street

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭FCUM

Cheers pal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Street parking shouldn't be an issue and if you pick a lit up area it'll be as safe as anywhere else provided you ensure that you remove all valuables from sight before parking.

Do you reckon there will be spaces at that time? Which streets would have some? You dont need a disc after 6 do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 KIKAM

Street parking would be fine, I very regularly leave my car overnight in Limerick city and there has never been a problem. All the carparts as far as I know close overnight. Any street in the centre would be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

FCUM wrote: »
    Do you reckon there will be spaces at that time? Which streets would have some? You dont need a disc after 6 do you?

I'd try O'Connell St, Cecil St, Glentworth St, Mallow St - William St, Thoams St and Roches St have limited parking, any if the streets really.

Check the signs at the beginning and end of the parking bays to makes sure about disc parking but I think you should be ok from 6 onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sully777

No Disc parking after 5.30pm on a Sat and loading bays are not operational at night. You'll be fine on one of the main streets (no valuables on display).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'll be parking the car overnight on Sat. in Limerick.

Wouldn't dream about leaving it on any city centre street. Too many drunks, messers and scobes about.

It'll be left in a carpark. Well worth the couple of €.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

I would think twice about leaving your car on the street OP, not so long ago, I parked my car in town and I came back to find both wing mirrors on the ground, a couple of cars on the same street(Ellen St) had their mirrors on the ground too.

I'll be parking the car overnight on Sat. in Limerick.

Wouldn't dream about leaving it on any city centre street. Too many drunks, messers and scobes about.

It'll be left in a carpark. Well worth the couple of €.
    Which carpark mate?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Cornmarket Square maybe? Costs €6 I think.

Advertisement