Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: Validated IMM1295?

Options
  • 29-03-2012 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Im applying for the IEC working visa. I received my payment request, have paid it and had to send the completed IMM1295 to the place in London.

When I opened the saved IMM1295 it did not have the barcode page and the validated box in the top left said 'no'.
    I have validated this copy before, I was confused and clicked validate and it added the barcode page and Ive sent this off. The saved form now has no barcode page again if I open the file.

Now Im concerned that this one Ive sent will have different barcodes then the original I sent through go4less? anyone know if this will be ok or what should I do?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

The barcodes only show up when you print it as far as I know...? So you should have just used your original validated file....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

I wasnt sure how these things worked, I only had it saved from before I validated it.

I don't know what to do, do you think Ive screwed the whole thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Billyboo

You havent screwed up.
    I am pretty much at the same stage as you. I got asked for the payment yesterday and had to send off the IMM1295 Work Permit form.
    I called USIT this morning to ask them should I do anything about the blank signature at the end of the page (I know we had to sign this when we posted the form off obviously). I was talking to a lady that dealt specifically with Canada. She seemed to know her stuff. Anyway, she said not to sign, just email off as it is. Then she mentioned that a lot people actually didnt save their forms and had to re-do them and she said they appear to be accepting those forms.
    So dont worry you are fine. If you didnt have to re-type the form and just needed to validate, then there would be no change of the actual details you supplied originally.
    Dont worry, you are fine on this part.

Cheers mate, thats a relief. I went through go4less and I rang earlier but they didn't call me back.
    I was worried that the barcodes being different may screw it up but the details are all the exact same and laid out the same way.
    Thanks and good luck over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 hollyeef

how did this work out guys ? just having the same problem myself ....

• Advertisement

hollyeef wrote: »
    how did this work out guys ? just having the same problem myself ....

It turned out grand I received my visa a little while ago. It was a long wait but I finally have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 hollyeef

Ok great that's reassuring - and congratulations ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Billyboo

Just validate the form, I know with mine anyway the codes did change at the bottom and I explained this to them when I emailed off the form, As long as the details are the same as what you posted of, there will be no issues, Dont worry, once you get to this stage anyway, you are pretty much right as rain,
    Also, just a quick note, when you receive your work permit thats really all you need. I didnt realise I needed to receive the LOI - Letter of Introduction, and I was going on the 4th of May, When I arrived at the airport, I had all my forms with me, I was 'very organized' according to the official :-) I gave him the work permit letter thing from the IEC and thats all I needed to get my work permit form. I met someone here and they only gave him a stamp on this passport or something. He had to go back to the SWAP office. So be careful, make sure that you get a work permit form, its a kind of creme colour. And make sure its 'open'.
    2 weeks later when I was in Vancouver, I got the LOI. I was like oh well, bit late, Im here now, haha.
    Best of Luck :-)

Advertisement