Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The New Multicultural Ireland - The Benefits?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭goodie2shoes

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Who did these jobs before mass immigration?

Why is it so widespread on boards that posters believe Irish people are lazy and won't work?
    You didn't post some Irish, it's no Irish

Take out Irish and put in all Nigerians or all travellers and comment on their work habits and you'd be facing an infraction

But it's perfectly acceptable to call Irish people lazy dogs it seems

apparently racism doesn't exist against irish people?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Of course it does. You keep saying stuff that's plucked from the air.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

When the Great Heave of the apathetic masses takes place nobody can do anything .We're mercenary and as long as we can pay our bills that's all that really matters .What brings people onto the streets .....can't pay me bills.......and little else clareboy except serious health matters .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

bwatson wrote: »
    Anyway, the muslim population of the US is proportionally very much smaller than the european nations in question in this thread which once again further weakens that argument.

Smaller than the Muslim % in Ireland, is it old pal/buddy?
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Tym wrote: »
    we benifited from foreighners during the boom

Did we?

Landlords love it, hundreds of thousands of more tenants in the country, rent goes up
    Employers like hotels absolutely love it, more labour so wages go down or remain static

How did the ordinary worker benefit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SWL

scamalert wrote: »
    Or maybe lift up ur w*anker a$$ of the couch and look for a job,most emigrants here start from the scratch on minimum wage,in ****ty jobs that no irish would even consider,and majority make it trough and step up the ladder,while you being native w%anker,want a job handed to you with 30k years salary to fart in the office i suppose.During the celtic tiger there were around 5% unemployment,and yet every billy joe could get a job if wanted at the time,but they didnt bother.So maybe pack up your bags ang go picking bananas in oz,or what about them 30-60 million of irish across the globe from the 70-80 generations,maybe they should k off and go home,instead of taking American or whatever country they live in jobs ?

P.s sorry for using curse words but it makes me angry reading such rubbish retarded posts as OP.

Yes it makes me angry as well having to read such rubbish, like the rubbish you just posted.
    Educate yourself on the economic fundamentals at play in Ireland economy right now instead of taking cheap pot-shots at the unemployed; you might be in that queue one day you so don’t get so smug.

Do you really believe that 440k Irish people are happy sitting at home while their professional and financial live stagnates, if you do then your idiot? It’s getting more and more difficult for Irish people to get a low skilled job in Ireland for a variety of economic reasons and an immigration policy that is shambles and has undermind and is displacing Irish workers.

In France last week their President spoke out amount the numbers of immigrants approx. 130k for a country of 60 plus million. Ireland had last year 60k in its worst recession in history with a population of 4.5 million. In 2004 – 2005 over 18 months nearly 300k arrived. I don’t see anything racist or xenophobic about the OP it’s a legitimate question what advantages does immigration have for the average Irish worker.

As for multiculturalism it’s a proven failure across Europe. Ireland should be looking at multi-racial society i.e. Our Country; our rules if you have a problem live elsewhere.

TBF, we needed a bit of new blood in the gene pool - for aesthetic purposes.

As a Swedish man I can honestly tell you there is nothing wrong with the physical aesthetics of Irish people, especially Irish women, who are as good looking as any other country and more importantly have a personality to match.

You should get your self-esteem checked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

SWL wrote: »
    Ireland should be looking at multi-racial society i.e. Our Country; our rules if you have a problem live elsewhere.

See, this is the crux of it. What about this statement is not congruent with current levels of immigration? What "rules" do you think are being flouted?

• Advertisement

See, this is the crux of it. What about this statement is not congruent with current levels of immigration? What "rules" do you think are being flouted?

Ireland will/does need immigrants especially with a certain skill set, if other cultures live in Ireland instead of doing what every other European country did which was to try and accommodate cultures so different that they are like night and day, you make it very clear that Ireland does its own thing and you MUST adapt. A good example is the Garda ID and the Muslim women last week very slippery slope IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Don't you sometimes wish people would just come out and say "I really hate foreign/differently-coloured people" instead of trying to "argue" themselves into knots and try to come up with evermore ludicrous justifications for their position any time they're shown to be wrong?

It'd save them trying to think, and it'd be easier for everyone else to shoot down their stupid views, hopefully making them think about not spouting such nonsense and perhaps even change their minds.
    One person's vision of paradise, is another's vision of hell.
    I think most native Irish people know which version they prefer.
    I certainly do.

Sadly some folk on these boards feel we should be apologizing for this.
    No prizes for guessing who!

I'm still waiting to hear the specifics of your vision of paradise, because I think though I might be a "native Irish person" (not really sure what that means), I might not share your vision.

So, what's your vision of paradise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Do you really believe that 440k Irish people are happy sitting at home

Sums it all up :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭CajunOnTour

Every race is entitled to its own homeland and secure borders.

Is not the end result the extinction of the white race?

Are "whites" a race? :confused:

If so then the race has over a hundred "homelands with secure borders".

Outside Europe these homelands have been, historically-speaking, recently created by the ethnic cleansing and/or extinction of the aboriginal inhabitants.

Makes me all weepy thinking about this "race" under siege from the descendants of it's victims! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭CajunOnTour

I read somewhere once (ie I didn't make it up :rolleyes:) that in 1,000 years through migration and inter-breeding the whole of humanity will look roughly the same, some light brown colour with a hint of oriental about the eyes.

Diversity is OK - but long-term this seems a happy outcome. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

I may regret posting this but whatever- it's after midnight and I can be excused for sinking down to your level. Yes, I am talking to you, the ignoramuses on this thread.

As one of the much-maligned 'fordiners' (weep, because I'm also 'a black'), I will have you know that I came to Ireland on a study visa (which by the way, was extremely difficult to get even with all my documents in order) but I have no intention of staying here after I graduate. I had to pay 6000 euro of my tuition and jump through a million hoops (that is a metaphor my dear ignoramus) before I could be granted a single entry visa. The total cost of my two year stay in Ireland including tuition comes up to about 70.000 euros.

What is the point of this? Do not effing generalise. Not all foreigners are on the dole; not all of us are looking for a handout and it is not our sole purpose in life to breed out the 'white race'- whatever that is.

You're just 'fighting' for your culture. Okay. You're not racist. Fine. But effing take the time to offer up some semblance of a good argument. Not the same recycled hate spiel disguised as 'statistics'.

The Irish are generally nice people I have found but idiots like you really do give them a bad name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

murphzor wrote: »
    Not those kind of Asian.

THESE kind of Asians

http://seoulbeats.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/20120201_seoulbeats_iu.jpeg

Also stop being such a paranoid little rat.

That photo wasn't half as dirty as I'd hoped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Grayson wrote: »
    That photo wasn't half as dirty as I'd hoped.
    Allow me, NSFW YSFAH give over its art.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Yes it makes me angry as well having to read such rubbish, like the rubbish you just posted.
    Educate yourself on the economic fundamentals at play in Ireland economy right now instead of taking cheap pot-shots at the unemployed; you might be in that queue one day you so don’t get so smug.

Do you really believe that 440k Irish people are happy sitting at home while their professional and financial live stagnates, if you do then your idiot? It’s getting more and more difficult for Irish people to get a low skilled job in Ireland for a variety of economic reasons and an immigration policy that is shambles and has undermind and is displacing Irish workers.

In France last week their President spoke out amount the numbers of immigrants approx. 130k for a country of 60 plus million. Ireland had last year 60k in its worst recession in history with a population of 4.5 million. In 2004 – 2005 over 18 months nearly 300k arrived. I don’t see anything racist or xenophobic about the OP it’s a legitimate question what advantages does immigration have for the average Irish worker.

As for multiculturalism it’s a proven failure across Europe. Ireland should be looking at multi-racial society i.e. Our Country; our rules if you have a problem live elsewhere.

I'm not sure what you're saying. On one hand you're saying it's hard for Irish people to get a job and that's the fault of emigration. On the other you're saying it's ok for foreign people to come here, just so long as they follow "Our Rules"

And with your follow up post I'm getting confused by what you mean by "Our rules" since you're Swedish. Are they Swedish rules or Irish ones? And are you part of the problem being Swedish in Ireland? (Are you in Ireland?)

And if you think Irish girls are so pretty can you take a load of the tracksuit wearing ones home when you vacate your irish job and send back the bikini volleyball team you guys have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I read somewhere once (ie I didn't make it up :rolleyes:) that in 1,000 years through migration and inter-breeding the whole of humanity will look roughly the same, some light brown colour with a hint of oriental about the eyes.

Diversity is OK - but long-term this seems a happy outcome. :cool:

correct we'll all look like theo Walcott, or tiger woods, or oxlaide chamberlain but with a higher instance of ginger. else just eyes like pìssholes in the snow..as for the oriental strain outright the writings on the wall anyhow sure they all look the same

in comparison. But we apparently need to mix it up a bit, too many physical defects and unferiorities associated with inbreeding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

LH Pathe wrote: »
    in comparison. But we apparently need to mix it up a bit, too many physical defects and unferiorities associated with inbreeding
    Inbreeding hasn't been an issue for Europe for generations.
    Such marriages are often highly stigmatized today in the West, but marriages between first and second cousins nevertheless account for over 10% of marriages worldwide. They are particularly common in the Middle East, where in some nations they account for over half of all marriages.
    http://www.consang.net/index.php/Global_prevalence

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

I wouldn't really look into inbreeding as a big problem in Europe right now and use it as an argument pro immigration.
    Coming from Central Europe, my ancestors include three different nationalities, having married my husband, my daughter added other two into the family.
    The region where I come from, while relatively small, has been overrun by different nations, fought over in wars, people came and went and that insured a very varied genome for most of us.
    While I believe in multiculturalism in the sense of other cultures and nationalities contributing to the culture of majority, they should always respect the values of the majority and of the state they live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

I love dirty little asians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

St.Spodo wrote: »
    The Irish emigrate because they won't do the jobs employers wont employ irish for the jobs the immigrants are willing to do.

fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Perhaps one of the greatest benefits of the multicultural Ireland is that the necessity to separate the Catholic church from schools to accommodate those in coming from different faiths.

Multicultural Ireland has also helped break down the barriers and give people in this country a greater idea to other religions that are going on around in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

I'm hoping that eventually we get some decent sports stars out of it like the UK did with all their immigration. I can't wait to see the likes of Obafemi Murphy and Jay Jay O'Connor pull on the green jersey. But if they decide that they'd like to play for Nigeria or their parents' country, I say we deport the whole family back there. Or at the very least declare them persona non grata and shun them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

With the amount of Brazilians in Gort when are we going to see some sexy samba hurling?

Galway sure could do with a boost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Well hopefully you'll be able to find a job and do that. But I don't see what your thread title and your unemployment have to do with each other.

People who come here to work pay taxes and contribute to the economy.

Stories of people getting off the plane and getting free money aren't true as that can't happen.

I think you're angry about your situation and looking to vent, and immigrants, and people whose parents/grandparents were immigrants make easy targets.
    You're right up until the bolded.

This has only changed recently and it absolutely was a possibility and happened in some cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Sykk wrote: »
    You're right up until the bolded.

This has only changed recently and it absolutely was a possibility and happened in some cases.

When was "recently"?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Clareboy

Perhaps one of the greatest benefits of the multicultural Ireland is that the necessity to separate the Catholic church from schools to accommodate those in coming from different faiths.

Multicultural Ireland has also helped break down the barriers and give people in this country a greater idea to other religions that are going on around in the world.

If the immigrants coming into Ireland do not like our schools or our educational system, they know what to do - They can go back to their own countries.

We know all about the different religions of the world.

Clareboy wrote: »
    If the immigrants coming into Ireland do not like our schools or our educational system, they know what to do - They can go back to their own countries.

What about the large numbers of Irish people who aren't happy with the situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Oh, you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Clareboy

Nodin wrote: »
    What about the large numbers of Irish people who aren't happy with the situation?

If the atheists and the agnostics are are not happy with the Irish educational system - tough luck! Let them build and run their schools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

If the atheists and the agnostics are are not happy with the Irish educational system - tough luck! Let them build and run their schools.
    We pay for the schools through our taxes, we don't pay to have religious schools

Bit more in it than that....
    IN THE wake of the Murphy report a majority of people believe that the Catholic Church should give up its control of the primary school system, according to the latest Irish Times/Ipsos, MRBI poll.
    When asked about the issue, 61 per cent of people said the church should give up control of the school system, 28 per cent said it should maintain its position and 11 per cent had no opinion on the matter.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2010/0125/1224263037668.html?via=rel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Half black, half white girls are the hottest in my opinion

Fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Nodin wrote: »

They come to boards to whine about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Simple fact is ... we all belong to a certain ethnic/cultural group and most of us here posting belong to the predominantly white/christian/Celtic stock of this country. It's perfectly natural to want your already majority demographic to remain as the status quo so long as you live and perhaps during your children's lifetime too.

I for one am not a racist and bear no hostilities to any particular one at that. But ..... I have to admit I would rather keep the non-native and so called second generation minorities in moderation to a roughly 70 - 30 ratio at least. Unfortunately, an attitude like mine is prime beef for attack by some pretentious, PC, gimp with an irritable moral compass.

MaxSteele wrote: »
    It's perfectly natural to want your already majority demographic to remain as the status quo so long as you live and perhaps during your children's lifetime too.

It might be "natural" that doesn't make it reasonable or right. We call that a fallacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

It might be "natural" that doesn't make it reasonable or right. We call that a fallacy.

What is the function of the Irish state, if not to protect the interests of the Irish people? What reason is there for its existence if not that?

• Advertisement

I think you probably have a fairly flawed concept of the terms state, Irish, interests and protect.

IrishAm wrote: »
    What is the function of the Irish state, if not to protect the interests of the Irish people? What reason is there for its existence if not that?

This makes the amazing assumption that this is not happening currently.

I think you probably have a fairly flawed concept of the terms state, Irish, interests and protect.

Point out the flaws, so.

The floor is yours.

Point out the flaws, so.

The floor is yours.

It'd be helpful if you first expounded on what you believe each means. I'm supposing it's incredibly flawed but I'll wait for confirmation. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

If you don't like America then you can giiiiiiiit out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

I quite like the way certain countries have their own certain look and characteristics - the way the Irish would be known to be pale with dark hair blue eyes; Swedish blonde and blue eyes; Spanish tanned and brown eyes.

It's what makes it interesting about going to different counties and seeing their people. It would be pretty boring if we all looked the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

I quite like the way certain countries have their own certain look and characteristics - the way Irish would be known to be pale with dark hair blue eyes; Swedish blonde and blue eyes; Spanish tanned and brown eyes.

It's what makes it interesting about going to different counties and seeing their people. It would be pretty boring if we all looked the same.

From my one trip to America, I noted that none of that disappears in a multi-cultural society. If anything, you get an even more profound mix of appearances and style and often a beautiful mixing of different attributes. We're not about to look all the same.

MaxSteele wrote: »
    It's perfectly natural to want your already majority demographic to remain as the status quo so long as you live and perhaps during your children's lifetime too. I have to admit I would rather keep the non-native and so called second generation minorities in moderation to a roughly 70 - 30 ratio at least.

Irelands lowest unemployment levels occurred in 2004 at 80,000. This figure has increased yearly from 2004 right up to 2012, a period that coincides with the opening of the labour market to the accession states and increased numbers from outside the EUA, a coincidence? No. All CSO stats confirm high levels of job displacement of native Irish by foreign workers.

One of the supposed advantages of our EU membership is easy access to millions of workers, but despite the dramatic growth in the EU over the past 8 years nearly every local corner shop and petrol station is staffed by non EU workers from south and central Asia, it really is a joke.

So I will ask again - what is the function of the Irish state? Is there any reason for it to exist if not to promote the interests of it's people ?

Ush1 wrote: »
    If you don't like America then you can giiiiiiiit out!

If only the red indians took that stance!:)

Irelands lowest unemployment levels occurred in 2004 at 80,000. This figure has increased yearly from 2004 right up to 2012, a period that coincides with the opening of the labour market to the accession states and increased numbers from outside the EUA, a coincidence? No. All CSO stats confirm high levels of job displacement of native Irish by foreign workers.

One of the supposed advantages of our EU membership is easy access to millions of workers, but despite the dramatic growth in the EU over the past 8 years nearly every local corner shop and petrol station is staffed by non EU workers from south and central Asia, it really is a joke.

So I will ask again - what is the function of the Irish state? Is there any reason for it to exist if not to promote the interests of it's people ?

Do please link to the stats, and something to back up your "every local corner shop" thing as well.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement