Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor choice of travel systems

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭surime

January wrote: »

Thanks, but this is only pushchair and I am looking for complete travel system (and different colour)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Then buy it online? Or ring around to places like Tony Kealys and Eurobabies to see if they have the colour you want.

January wrote: »
    Then buy it online? Or ring around to places like Tony Kealys and Eurobabies to see if they have the colour you want.

Sure I would buy online if I could only find it, I would prefer to buy in Ireland as delivery is another expense, but can't find anything!

(they not only don't have colour I am looking for, they don't have Mura 4 or any other proper pram at all! This is really strange, if somebody knows importer who sells proper prams with good wheels I would appreciate any info)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have a maxi cosi 4 for sale if your interested.
    I loved it but I am in to double buggy territory for the foreseeable future and have no space.
    It is up on adverts.ie

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »
    It is up on adverts.ie

Please post link .

( I started reading another thread here about essentials for new born and I am surprised most people dont even bother with buying prams, maybe I am wrong, but is this safe to have newborn in a buggy? they have fragile spine and should not sit yet!)
    Maybe they dont sell prams in Ireland because people dont buy them?
    I can't imagine carrying newborn in a buggy! They seem not to be cosy enough and warm, specially with local weather.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If the buggy lies flat it is safe.

If the buggy lies flat it is safe.

Maybe it is, but I would be afraid baby could just roll out of it :) and anyway -rain and wind.. but I walk a lot with my dog, so maybe if you dont go for long walks it is god enough.

You (irish people) are definitely more relaxed about things and easygoing as a nation I should learn some of that. ;)

http://www.adverts.ie/pushchairs-prams/maxi-cosi-mura-4/1484799 it is the grey one.
    I will take pictures tomorrow.
    It is brilliant for walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

I used the phil and teds with the last 2 newborns, comes with a carry-cot and goes totally flat so great and very secure.

• Advertisement

Moonbeam, you are asking 220 for all this :

"I have the seat,the foot muff,the Pram top ,the maxi cosi adapters and the grey fleece blanket."

-or just pushchair?

Thanks, will think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I see most people with newborns in a carrycot (pram) attached to travel system chassis or else a full reclineable seat with baby snug, footmuff etc.
    Personally I put my daughter into her pushchair seat on the travel system when she was about 4 months as she was a long baby and nearly too big for the carrycot and plenty sturdy to be in the buggy reclined with a her lodger bunker. Very cosy and not at all cold if you ask me!

In response to your query about colours it could be possible that if you find a stockist of the model you want you might be able to order a particular colour from the manufacturer through them if you pay in advance or a deposit.

Lola92 wrote: »
    In response to your query about colours it could be possible that if you find a stockist of the model you want you might be able to order a particular colour from the manufacturer through them if you pay in advance or a deposit.

I emailed bella baby and asked about price and colours they didnt even bother answering, but they only have Mura 3 and its 3 wheel which I dont want.

surime wrote: »
    Moonbeam, you are asking 220 for all this :

"I have the seat,the foot muff,the Pram top ,the maxi cosi adapters and the grey fleece blanket."

-or just pushchair?

Thanks, will think about it.

I have the whole lot but not the car seat .
    I am prepared to negotiate if you are interested.

I have the whole lot but not the car seat .
    I am prepared to negotiate if you are interested.

Thanks a lot Moonbeam, never thought of getting used one, but will consider, just need to see pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

I always found Bellababy extremely helpful over phone and emails. Maybe give them a call?
    Prams tops are grand if you walk a lot or have big boot, I have the quinny Buzz and city select and always used the car seat with adaptors for short journeys, there was no way I could fit bulky buggy and pram top in the boot

[QUOTE=shot2go;77850470 have big boot[/QUOTE]

-big foot? :D size 6 (what exactly you mean?)

I wouldn't fit pram top in my car's boot either, I am going to use car sit and the "frame" wheels when travel.
    Oh and most of the buggies I've seen for sale here have tiny wheels and it would be nightmare where I walk my dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Surime, the out and about nipper 360 is a buggy that goes completly flat, and has big wheels. I used it from birth, never bothered with bulky pram as well. Baby cannot roll out as the sides are fully enclosed when it is flat. I have walked for hours every day with it, including up a few mountains. Very rugged.

There is a new version out which has clips so you can put the maxi cosi onto it.

I have the double nipper and it is not as sturdy as the maxi cosi but it is a brilliant buggy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

It is up on adverts.ie

Please post link .

( I started reading another thread here about essentials for new born and I am surprised most people dont even bother with buying prams, maybe I am wrong, but is this safe to have newborn in a buggy? they have fragile spine and should not sit yet!)
    Maybe they dont sell prams in Ireland because people dont buy them?
    I can't imagine carrying newborn in a buggy! They seem not to be cosy enough and warm, specially with local weather.

I don't know anyone who buys a pram anymore. Most baby buggies that can be used from birth lie completely flat so baby's spine is ok. If its not suitable from birth, they're not ok. I can't imagine buying a pram as well as a buggy/travel system.

Most buggies/travel systems come with a foot muff and rain gear. I walk everyday in all kinds of weather and once you have a good rain cover it shouldn't be a problem. The only pain is a parasol. They are so annoying lol....so I use a blanket over the pram lol

• Advertisement

I don't know anyone who buys a pram anymore. Most baby buggies that can be used from birth lie completely flat so baby's spine is ok. If its not suitable from birth, they're not ok. I can't imagine buying a pram as well as a buggy/travel system.

Most buggies/travel systems come with a foot muff and rain gear. I walk everyday in all kinds of weather and once you have a good rain cover it shouldn't be a problem. The only pain is a parasol. They are so annoying lol....so I use a blanket over the pram lol

I am sure this can work as well, I just personally can't imagine it. ;) But I am overprotective and crazy even about my dog's comfort.
    (and I know baby doesn't as long as its flat, dry and warm)
    -its just me and anyway my mum and parents in law offered to pay for it, so ..

Still looking for Mura 4 travel system or Mutsy Urban Rider

( http://www.mutsy.nl/language/Europe -why not in Ireland? :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

the quinny buzz has great bouncy wheels for walking, there air filled.
    i was planning on getting the mura 4 but went for the buzz instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

There's tonnes of stuff on sites like adverts and donedeal.
    Travel systems can work out pretty costly and theres no harm in investigating the massive second hand market.

kippy wrote: »
    There's tonnes of stuff on sites like adverts and donedeal.
    Travel systems can work out pretty costly and theres no harm in investigating the massive second hand market.

I think this is just personal choice. I don't like second hand stuff too much and I am planning second baby, so I just prefer new.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I think this is just personal choice. I don't like second hand stuff too much and I am planning second baby, so I just prefer new.
    Thats fair,
    We have an 8 month old and bought some stuff new, some second hand.
    We ended up getting a Teutonia travel system new at the time, worked out at about 500 euro (shocked me at the time) that came with the "cot" part and a part for when the child got older.
    Got a car seat second hand for nothing (maxi cosi)
    Got a second secondhand car seat for 20 euro
    Got an Isofix base second hand for 60 euro
    A travel cot and mattress (recently) for ten euro
    Steriliser and bits and bobs including monitor for about 20 quid.

A brand new cot for 200 and a few more bits and pieces new.

Getting all the bits and pieces is an expensive business and once the quality, cleanliness and safety of the second hand item has been verified I dont really have issues with second hand.

kippy wrote: »
    Getting all the bits and pieces is an expensive business and once the quality, cleanliness and safety of the second hand item has been verified I dont really have issues with second hand.

Sure, its maybe not just this that they are second hand, its also awkward if you contact somebody and this person delivers item for you (or you collect) and it looks much worse then on pictures (which was made maybe few months earlier). I had this situation once with something second hand I wanted to buy and I would prefer to avoid it. (I was called a time waster when I said I won;t take it -nice! )

Then you might be better at looking at some of the options that are singles or doubles.
    http://www.babyjogger.com/city_select_lp.aspx

Personally, I hate the Quinny 3 for walking never tried the 4.

Then you might be better at looking at some of the options that are singles or doubles.

I do plan another what, but not that fast. ;) but thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

What colour maxi cosi are you looking for? I have mura 4 I love it only thing is make sure you have a big boot if you want to bring carrycot in the car. I got mine 2nd hand on adverts in perfect condition looks like it was never used. Also I know you can buy polish brand prams on babyaccessoriesireland.ie

• Advertisement

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    What colour maxi cosi are you looking for? I have mura 4 I love it only thing is make sure you have a big boot if you want to bring carrycot in the car. I got mine 2nd hand on adverts in perfect condition looks like it was never used. Also I know you can buy polish brand prams on babyaccessoriesireland.ie

Thanks for that. I would like to buy wallnut brown.
    (polish bexa prams and travel system are grand, but I am shocked with the price here -369 per unit (correct me if I am wrong1!) ! It would be over 1000 all together and I could buy all together for 314 here : http://www.bobowozki.com.pl/product_info.php?products_id=2368, just delivery will be another 100 probably!)

Advertisement