Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor choice of travel systems

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 saxmaniaque

I am wandering when Polish mothers will stop using the big, masive, tank like prams, as they look terrible, will not fit into a car, need a second parking space, take about 40 square foot in the bus. I recognize girls from my birthland straight away seeing an army tank on the path.

On the other hand, I dont understand Irish mothers squeezing like 8 months old baby into a small ''baby car seet'' on the wheels.

Something in between, PLEASE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

surime wrote: »
    Maybe it is, but I would be afraid baby could just roll out of it :) and anyway -rain and wind.. but I walk a lot with my dog, so maybe if you dont go for long walks it is god enough.

You (irish people) are definitely more relaxed about things and easygoing as a nation I should learn some of that. ;)

I have the Graco travel system that come with a pram insert for the first few months.. it was €200 2 years ago got it for my 3rd and i'm still using it with my 4th.. i got a graco double buggy and both the car seat and the pram insert fit in the back section this one for the smaller baby.. I'm looking for brevi car seats and i can't seem to source them in ireland either so i kind of know what you mean... there are only about 6 or so brands sold in Ireland no matter where you try..;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭surime

I am wandering when Polish mothers will stop using the big, masive, tank like prams, as they look terrible, will not fit into a car, need a second parking space, take about 40 square foot in the bus. I recognize girls from my birthland straight away seeing an army tank on the path.

On the other hand, I dont understand Irish mothers squeezing like 8 months old baby into a small ''baby car seet'' on the wheels.

Something in between, PLEASE!!!

Is this about what they look like? Does maxi cosi mura or mutsy look like a tank? I dont think so, they are very well designed and high quality prams.
    (and will for sure fit in a car)

cbyrd wrote: »
    I'm looking for brevi car seats and i can't seem to source them in ireland either so i kind of know what you mean... there are only about 6 or so brands sold in Ireland no matter where you try..;)

Yes and it makes me wonder why, I know Ireland is a small country, but there is many babies born recently and choice is really very disappointing!

So, nobody helped me, but I helped myself and found one shop in Ireland that sells proper travel system.
    I will share in case anyone interested:

http://www.hugzbabystore.ie/search_results.html?mbcatid=e263a2a3-c36c-4f14-b44a-58020bb121c9&restrictp=mbcatid&gclid=CLq5vpXwm68CFRJX4Qod_V_gcw&bizpageno=2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We got the Brio Sing which was a great system

It came with a pram, stroller, car seat and isofix base. The handles were adjustable which suited my wife for the extra height. It also had a big basket.

We changed after a year to the Babyjogger City Mini as junior was getting big and we needed something a bit lighter to compensate.:eek:

Advertisement